(Closed) October 2012 Brides – Seating Charts?

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Ugh I’ve been having a tough time with it too! The biggest issue with ours is the bridal party really and the set up of our venue tables. I don’t want to sit the bridal party all together bc a couple of them don’t really know each other well, yet they have other really close friends at the reception. I think I have them at the appropriate tables now, but getting the order of who goes up to the buffet first is now screwing us up. We have 2 tables with only 1 member of the bridal party at each bc that’s who they are friends with and I don’t want anyone uncomfortable. Oh well…hope no one gets upset if they don’t get up to the buffet right away =/

Post # 5
785 posts
Busy bee

That was really my main concern until we started trying to actually number the tables. I don’t want my bridal party to wait until half of the guests are fed before it gets to their table, but I can’t have just the bridal party go up after us when they are sitting at tables with non bridal party members lol. Ugh it’s the little things that are such headaches! Good luck with yours! I’m sure your single girls will love sitting with their friends rather than at a “singles” table.

Post # 7
785 posts
Busy bee

That sounds like a really cute idea, but I don’t know how that would work with 120 people =/ I’m not really sure people do the “singles” tables anymore honestly lol I would probably feel a little crappy if I just got randomly stuck at a table with people just bc we were all single lol

Post # 9
2363 posts
Buzzing bee

My biggest dilemma is who to put at our table!  We aren’t having a bridal party, so no head table.  And our event captain just nixed a sweetheart table because it doesn’t work with the floor plan we need to accommodate 120 guests.  Augh!!

Post # 10
1095 posts
Bumble bee

Haven’t started but it’s making me nervous. I’m still missing about 35% of RSVPs

Post # 11
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

Now we have our final count I should start working on our chart.  I despise this idea so very deeply though LOL.  And the other day I had requests from people as to where they’ll be seated.

Gah, ya tell people that they need to tell ya their + ones names and all of a sudden they all wanna give you tips on how to do things.  *le sigh*

Post # 13
213 posts
Helper bee

We’re not doing a seating chart. Our wedding is laid back and I think its unfair for our small group. Only tables the are assigned are the 3 tables set aside for the bridal party and their families. I refused to seperate my bridal party from their families for the reception. My sistersdoing that for her wedding and I told my hubby he doesnt have to come now he doesnt know anyone from back home but me and my sister and she wants us at the table pretty much the whole wedding exept to dance.

looking back that sounds kind of catty but i cant reword it and its why we decided not to do a seating chart or bridal party table.

Post # 15
213 posts
Helper bee

@MrsWTD:  the no seating chart comes because one im lazy and because i have never met his side of the family and this will be meeting time for everyone. my family has always been better with meeting if their not forced to ๐Ÿ™‚ we’re only probably having 70 people max (including bridal party and bride and groom)

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides – Seating Charts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors