(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Share With Us Your Wedding Song’s

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
5075 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

Wedding party walkingBride walking – Vitamin String Quartet – Sweet Child O Mine

Exit ceremony – Spandau Ballet – True

Reception entrance for Bridal Party – Bruno Mars – Marry You

Reception entrance for bride and groom– Madonna – Like a Virgin 

First dance song – Rascal Flatts – Bless the Broken Road

Bride/Brother & Groom/Mother Dance  – Faith Hill – You’ll Be There

Cake cutting song – Madonna – Like a Virgin (we are cutting the cake as soon as we come in)

Last Song of the night– The Dells – What A Night

Post # 4
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Wedding party walking – an aria from Satyagraha, an opera by Philip Glass.

Bride walking – Marian Anderson singing Schubert’s Ave Maria

Exit ceremonysurprise!!!! Michigan’s Fight Song (my fiance and his father are Wolverines and they take it very seriously – the family dog is named Blue!) We’re not telling anyone and have asked our photographer to have the camera trained on my father in law when the song starts right after we stomp on the glass to end the ceremony…it’s going to be awesome, I cannot wait!

Reception entrance for Bridal Party – Louis Armstrong Skokiaan

Reception entrance for bride and groom & first dance song (we’ll walk in and just start dancing) – Harry Connick Jr.’s It Had to Be You

Bride/Father – Joan Baez’s cover of Forever Young

Groom/Mother Dance  – they’re working on it. Probably something by John Denver or Cat Stevens.

No cake cutting, bouquet or garter tosses.

Special Songs – we’re doing two ethnic line dances, the Hora (he’s Jewish) and a Lebanese Dabke (I’m Lebanese). We’re probably using an older song for the dabke called Dabket Libnan. But I’m torn on this one because I love a lot of modern Arabic dance music and don’t want to waste my Lebanese song this one…even if it’s one the old folks will want to hear (expect to hear?). We might just play that and then ask the DJ to throw in a contemporary dance song during the regular dance party portion of the reception (if so, and anyone out there knows their Arabic tunes, Amr Diab Habibi or Najwa’s Karam’s Naghmat Hob — can’t decide!!)

Last Song of the night– Bon Jovi Livin’ On A Prayer because you can take the couple out of New Jersey but…

Post # 5
781 posts
Busy bee

Wedding party walking -still thinking, probably going to keep this traditional

Bride walking – probably just the Bridal March

Exit ceremony – undecided

Reception entrance for Bridal Party – Black Eye Peas- Let’s Get it Started

Reception entrance for bride and groom– LMFAO- Party Rock Anthem

First dance song – Train- Marry Me

Father/Daughter-  Rascal Flatts- My Wish

Mother/Son Dance  – Celine Dion- Because You Loved Me

Cake cutting song – Undecided. I’m leaning towards ‘Sweet Thing’ by Keith Urban. All of my suggestions to Fiance he shot down

Bouquet Toss – Beyonce- Single Ladies

Garter Toss – Warrant- Cherry Pie

Last Song of the night- Fun- We Are Young

Last Dance Bride/Groom– still deciding

Post # 7
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

The only song I know for sure thus far is my daddy/daughter dance song!  

“I Loved Her First” by Heartland.  I knew I’d dance with my daddy to this song someday.  =)  Love it.  

I’ve been coming up with first dance song options and I think I am going to stick to traditional songs for the wedding ceremony, but I’m not 100% yet.

Post # 8
1038 posts
Bumble bee

Wedding party walking:  No idea. It is just my sister and his friend in our wedding party(except his nephew as ring bearer).  So I might just have one song for all of us.  Does it matter though?

Bridal entrance: Divine Romance by Phil Wickham or All of Me by Matt Hammitt(of Sanctus Real)

Exit song: Not sure…something upbeat and fun for our beach wedding(maybe Weezer’s Island in the Sun)

First Dance: When I say I Do by Matthew West

Father/Daughter dance: My Little Girl by Tim McGraw(I’ve known I would have that as my father/daughter dance since the very first time I heard it)

Not having all the other songs.  Our reception is gonna be very laid back so not really appropriate for us imo.

Post # 10
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

@nursemel:  I love Tim’s song “My Little Girl” — that was the other song I was considering.  Such a good song — of course I love pretty much everything Tim does hahaha!

Post # 11
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We haven’t decided on any of the songs yet, so I’ll come back to this hopefully by June and add mine! 🙂  

Post # 12
1358 posts
Bumble bee

We’re cutting all of the scripted dances aside from the first dance, which will be some version of “Cheek to Cheek.” We haven’t decided which version yet. Our cocktails and dinner music will be jazz/right pack with the odd bit of upbeat folk thrown in.

Post # 13
1736 posts
Bumble bee

Wedding party walking -“Hallelujah” on acoustic guitar

Bride walking – “Glasgow Love Theme” on acoustic guitar

Exit ceremony
– none (it’s outside so no one will hear the guitar with all the clapping!)

Reception entrance for Bridal Party – still deciding

Reception entrance for bride and groom– still deciding

First dance song – God Only Knows – Beach Boys

Father/Daughter-  My Dad won’t tell me!!!

Mother/Son Dance  – we are foregoing this one as both my Fiance and his Mom are not eager to be the center of attention!

Cake cutting song – Cut the Cake by Average White Band

Bouquet Toss – Beyonce- Single Ladies

Garter Toss – not happening!

Last Song of the night- we’ll leave it up to our band

Last Dance Bride/Groom– not happening/we’ll be dancing with the crowd until the party ends!

Post # 14
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012 - Watch tower lodge, Black hawk state Park Rock Island, IL

Wedding party walking -” Storybook love ”  from the princess bride

Bride walking – “cant take my eyes off you” by Lady Antebelum

Exit ceremony – um……

Receptoion entrance for Bridal Party – not doing one

Reception entrance for bride and groom – again not doing one

First dance song (Surprise)-” Getting you home” by Chris Young

Father Daughter Dance – “Just Fishin” by Trace Adkins

Mother Son Dance (Surprise)– “Lullaby” by Creed

Cake cutting song – no clue

Surprise Song– not really a surprise but we are playing “God bless the broken road” by Rascal Flatts for our unity sand ceremony

Bouquet Toss– “Girs just wanna have fun” by Cyndi Lauper

Garter Toss– “Leggs” by zz Top

Last Song of the night– does it matter? lol

Post # 15
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012 - Watch tower lodge, Black hawk state Park Rock Island, IL

oh and Ladies a great choice for a cake cutting song is “pure imagination” from Willy wonka and the chocolate Factory, you can find the version from the Movie with Gene Wilder singing.( I did this at my first wedding) 

Post # 16
408 posts
Helper bee

Wedding party walkingStill working on it

Bride walking – I see the light instrumental (piano)

Exit ceremony – Zip A dee do da or Another part of me

Receptoion entrance for Bridal PartyStill working on it

Reception entrance for bride and groomMarry you – Bruno Mars

First dance song (Surprise)– A thousand years- Christina perri

Father Daughter DanceStill Working on It- so stumped on this

Mother Son Dance (Surprise)Still working

Cake cutting songStill Working On it, kind of don’t care so it might be something young, current and upbeat.

Bouquet TossSingle Ladies by Beyonce

Garter TossRight round – flo rida

Last Song of the nightStill working on it

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Share With Us Your Wedding Song’s’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors