(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Show Us your Cake Inspiration

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Why did you pick this style cake? We are very traditional, and I knew I wanted a bigger cake (140 servings vs. 95 guests). My decor is going to be very a very clean black and white with pops of deep aqua/teal so we wanted a very clean white cake to match.

What flavor is it going to be? Bottom and top tier will be white cake with buttercream, second tier is strawberry with white buttercream, third tier is coconut with coconut filling and buttercream.

Does this cake have a theme or story behind it? I’m excited about our cake because while it looks very basic outside, when we cut into the cake, the aqua dyed cake is going to pop against the white, carrying our decor theme through.

Picture:

Are you doing a grooms cake? Possibly.

Why did you pick this style cake? My Fiance loves Transformers (we watch it every morning while we get ready for work), specifically Starscream, so I’m hunting down bakers who can do a 3D version

What makes this cake special? It will be a surprise for him and I purchased a Starscream figure that he used to own as a kid but lost along the way that I will give to him with the cake.

Show us your grooms man cake? No picture…I can’t find a Starscream 3D cake as inspiration, so once I find a baker who wants to tackle the project we’ll be starting from scratch.

Post # 4
62 posts
Worker bee

Why did you pick this style cake? I have actually had this cake picked out since way before Fiance and I got engaged.  I happened to run across it on the knot one day and fell in love and when it came time to plan our wedding and pick our cake I showed this picture to my Fiance and he loved it.  We are very tradtional people and it is very simple but beautiful to me! 

What flavor is it going to be? Strawberry, Chocolate Chip, and Vanilla

Does this cake have a theme or story behind it? Not really we are actually doing a rustic, lace and burlap kind of thing so just looking at the cake it doesn’t fit.  I’m hoping our Birch platform cake stand will help with that.  Not sure what we’re doing with the cake topper.

Show us your wedding cake? Pic below; I hope our cake turns out very similar to this.  We are getting enough cake for 180 people even though we’re planning on 125-140.

Are you doing a grooms cake? yup

Why did you pick this style cake? My Fiance is a huge bass fisher, as in he would spend every waking moment doing that if possible…I feel like a redneck typing that out but any who.  He loves it.  So..I’m hoping our baker will be able to have a cake very similar to the second picture below.

What makes this cake special? He doesn’t know I am getting one much less something so “cool”

Show us your grooms man cake? Pic below

Who is making the cake? Local cake maker

Grooms Cake Inspriation:

Post # 5
263 posts
Helper bee

Why did you pick this style cake? I wanted a small cake, but was vetoed by Fiance and Mama Griffin. So I found this picture that I loved and we decided to serve a bigger cake.

What flavor is it going to be? Strawberry with raspberry filling (one tier) and lemon with cream cheese (another tier). Buttercream outside

Does this cake have a theme or story behind it? Not really, we just are going with a slightly vitage feel and I love all the texture on this cake.

Show us your wedding cake? Inspiration pic below, but it will be larger and there will probably be different shaped tiers (like square and round). Ours will also not have fondant so it won’t be quite as smooth.

Are you doing a grooms cake? Yes, but it’s a secret

Why did you pick this style cake? It’s going to be icecream cake. It’s the only kind he really likes and since we’re not having it for wedding cake I figured we could have it for the rehearsal dinner.

What makes this cake special? “He doesn’t know I am doing it, so shh” What she said

Show us your grooms man cake? Um not sure how it’s going to turn out but I will probably get a couple of cakes in different flavors

Who is making the cake? Local bakery and probably Coldstones or Baskin Robbins for the groomscake lol.

Post # 9
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Why did you pick this style cake? We both loved the design from our choices at the cake studio.  We were torn between this one and another one, but thought this one looked better with our cake topper.  Plus it had the scroll things that we’re going for throughout our wedding. 

What flavor is it going to be? Each of the three tiers have three layers.  The top and bottom tier will be white/chocolate/white with chocolate bavarian filling and the middle tier will be all white with amaretto bavarian with raspberry jam filling all covered in white buttercream frosting.  Delicious!  The bead border will be in white and the flowers will be different shades of purple with white leaves.The flowers on the top won’t be there since our cake topper will be replacing it.  Can’t wait to see how it’ll look with purple scrolls!

Does this cake have a theme or story behind it? Not really?  We just wanted the scroll design to be in purple and the cake to look elegant. 

Show us your wedding cake?

Are you doing a grooms cake? Yes.

Why did you pick this style cake?  I picked to have this style because one of my friends told me that he mentioned it to her twice.  So this is what he’ll have!  The cake is going to be a replica of his police badge with his real badge number on it.

What makes this cake special? It’s a surprise for him!  I can’t wait to see his reaction when he sees it.  It’ll be our desert for the rehearsal lunch.

Show us your grooms man cake? I don’t have a picture of it.  My appointment to have it set up is in two weeks!

Who is making the cake? The same bakery who is making our wedding cake.

Post # 10
1015 posts
Bumble bee

These are both pics from my baker. My cake will be like the square one with the fleur de lis and details of the round one. Being from New Orleans, I liked the fleur de lis design. My baker is “The Sweet Life Bakery”. The flavor will be almond cake with strawberry icing in between the layers  for all four tiers.

His groom’s cake will have an LSU theme – two tiers, gold with purple tiger stripes and this logo on front.

Post # 12
781 posts
Busy bee

Why did you pick this style cake? It fits with our colors, royal blue and yellow.

What flavor is it going to be? A mix of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.

Does this cake have a theme or story behind it? Not really

Show us your wedding cake? Pic below but it will be a 3 tier cake with even layers, with ‘our’ fresh flowers

Are you doing a grooms cake? probably for rehearsal dinner

Why did you pick this style cake? Fiance is a huge University of South Carolina Gamecocks fan. Go Cocks!

What makes this cake special? Nothing really

Show us your grooms man cake? no pic

Who is making the cake? Local cake maker

Post # 14
1566 posts
Bumble bee

Why did you pick this style cake? I have no idea….It really doesn’t go with any theme or color scheme we are doing.  I just liked the simple white look.

Does this cake have a theme or story behind it? Nope

Show us your wedding cake? See below!

Are you doing a grooms cake? Nope

Who is making the cake? A lady I work with is starting her own cake business…she does amazing work and is giving me a great deal!

I WILL NOT BE HAVING THE FEATHERS STICKING OUT FROM THE CAKE!!!

Post # 15
635 posts
Busy bee

http://pinterest.com/pin/63543044712048932/

I’m thinking orange buttercream icing and then white flowers. It will still be a lot of white without being a traditional white cake. Not sure about flavor yet- my aunt makes wedding cakes (lucky me) so she will be gifting the cake. I picked it out and almost didnt show my aunt, but decided to mess with her because I thought my aunt would say no- that it had too many flowers (because she fussed over her sons wife’s cake when she had to make those flowers), but she loved it and said the flowers were much easier to make than the other girls.

Post # 16
139 posts
Blushing bee

Why did you pick this style cake? we wanted something more us and to fit the rustic feel of our wedding day

What flavor is it going to be? Cheesecake!!!! With a raspberry layer, chocolate cake crust and chocolate ganache! mm

Does this cake have a theme or story behind it? No, besides we love cheesecake 🙂

Show us your wedding cake? Picture is how the stands will look, we will be doing 3 individual different sized cakes

Are you doing a grooms cake? no

Who is making the cake? A very well known baker in the city…has won many awards!! were so excited!

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Show Us your Cake Inspiration’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors