(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Show Us Your Dress

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@actime: That’s beautiful…I love the simple elegance of it!!

10 months doesn’t sound long at all –  I’m sure it’ll go so fast!

Show us your dress? Pic attached…not the correct size, so the bust doesn’t fit well, but you get the idea!

Are you making alterations to it? Not planning on it. Do you think a crinoline is needed?

Who is the designer? Allure

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No, I hadn’t even looked really!

Is this what you expected/wanted? Not really…I always liked the dresses with skirts like it, but didn’t think I’d be able to pull it off!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? A little; I described it a little bit, but it was hard to describe so I’m sure he has no idea really.

Have he seen your dress?  Nope! Not until October 13!!

Post # 4
1458 posts
Bumble bee

@actime: Gorgeous dress.. So chic and elegant!

@sweetcV2B: Love it! I don’t think you need the crinoline, the bottom has lots of oomph to it as is!

Show us your dress? See below πŸ™‚

Are you making alterations to it? Yes, taking off the sleeves (which are tucked into the dress below) It’s the Maggie Sottero Bernadette, which normally has lace straps/sleeves and a keyhole back, but they’re chopping them off so I have a sweetheart neckline and deep vee back.

Who is the designer? Maggie Sottero.. just said that, oops.

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope

Is this what you expected/wanted? Kinda… I went in knowing I wanted a vintage fit and flare, but I was torn between lace and satin. Lace won!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? He’s heard me talk about it, so maybe… but I kinda think he blocks me out when I speak of wedding things haha

Have he seen your dress? Nope! 

Post # 7
1445 posts
Bumble bee

Show us your dress? (Here’s the sample a size too small. My acutal dress comes in this month. It will hopefully lay flat-er in the back v-area and won’t squish my bust as much)

Are you making alterations to it? Just getting it taken in if need be. Other than that, no.

Who is the designer? Mori Lee

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope.

Is this what you expected/wanted? Generally, yes. I saw myself in a sweetheart neckline with either an a-line or mermaid style. I was undecided on my stance of lace and illusion straps, and had no opinion on sparkle level. I ended up with lace, illusion straps, and the sparklies dress I’ve ever seen. (It’s beaded out the wazzoo. See?)

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? He knows its not a gigantic cake toper dress, because that was his one request and I told him that he got that much. He wanted to be able to dance with me all night without my dress being in the way.

Has he seen your dress? Nope, and he won’t until I walk through the doors to come down the aisle to him on our wedding day.

Post # 8
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Aww you ladies look sooo beautiful!!!! I cannot believe we have 10 months to go, well actually less by now hehehe but no one is counting or anything haha

Show us your dress? pic attached from when I made my final down payment on my baby.

Are you making alterations to it? No need for it.

Who is the designer? Maggie Sottero – Nora

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope

Is this what you expected/wanted? It’s absolutely everything I wanted in a dress!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? A little bit, he know that I like the princessy style but no tooo poofy either.

Have he seen your dress? Hells no, he will not see it until I walk down that isle πŸ™‚

Post # 11
1445 posts
Bumble bee

@actime: I love the look of the fabric in your dress. It looks so smooth and creamy and luxurious.

Post # 12
1445 posts
Bumble bee

@sweetcV2B: I love how funky and fun your dress is (and your hair is beautiful!)

Post # 13
1445 posts
Bumble bee

@Nicoley1985: Goregous. Love the lace and sparkle (but I’m a bit partial :D)

Post # 14
1445 posts
Bumble bee

@couawilou: I love how flowy and romantic your dress is.

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Show Us Your Dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors