(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Show Us Your Dress

posted 9 years ago in October 2012
Post # 134
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@actime:  Yes – it’s ordered! Thank you! I’m so excited! Will def check out the October Brides 2012!

Post # 135
1443 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@nicolelove:  Beautiful! I love the beading across the top!

Post # 136
20 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@spoiledvamp27:  Thank you! It looks so good on. I need to take pictures of ME in it!

Post # 137
162 posts
Blushing bee

October 21st

Show us your dress? Though I have a pic of me in the dress, I will not post it because i’m scared of it coming up in google search!

Are you making alterations to it? Yes, you cant really tell on the designer’s picture, but the waist does not sit on my natural waist line. So I will be bringing it up about an inch to hug the smallest part of my body! Also, I will be ordering the dress in Ivory, with the back detail also in Ivory.

Who is the designer? Vera Wang (style: Harlow)

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No

Is this what you expected/wanted? Ish. I knew I wanted starpless, sweetheart (because I have wide shoulders) and I quickly discovered that I like volume, and since I am tall, I can pull off this look! I knew I wanted something whimsical and went with this choice over a more “vintage” beaded style because I’m having a BIG wedding.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? Yes, I don’t want him to be surprised about the size of the skirt! So he knows it is a ballgown

Have he seen your dress? No, but im dying to show him!

Post # 138
396 posts
Helper bee

Thank you! 🙂

Post # 141
1443 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@liz.couture:  I love the tulle in your dress. The back is very interesting!

Post # 142
891 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
@mags2233:  Lovely dress! It looks like the dress was made especially for you.  🙂

Post # 143
15 posts
Newbee

Show us your dress? See below. I don’t have pictures of it on me yet. Mostly because I don’t want to shave my legs…

Are you making alterations to it? Only alterations to my waist size 2 inches to go! 

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? We’ve been together for 7+ so I’ve had lots! I knew I wanted a vintage dress but never had an exact one that stayed around.

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yep! I have another one too that FI’s mom is altering. So I might have two!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? He saw the picture but we decided to not let him see me in it! Which is weird for me because I run all my outfits by him!

Has he seen your dress? Nope! Not the actual dress! 

Post # 144
85 posts
Worker bee

Ordered my dress back in Novemeber 2011. Had it picked out since August 2011. Suppose to pick my dress up in June 2012.

Show us your dress? Picture will be below.

Are you making alterations to it? Nope. Just waiting for it to come in my size.

Who is the designer? Sottero and Midgley – ASM3158

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope.

Is this what you expected/wanted? Somewhat. I had a few others in mind, but once I saw this. It changed my mind right away.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? Nope except for that it is gonna be white.

Has he seen your dress? Nope, but it’s hard not able to show him.

Front of my Dress -v Also don’t mind my hair, it will be down for the wedding and this day I wasn’t feeling so great. I just had to try it on. =)

Back of my Dress -v

I will be getting a crinoline to puff it up a little which will be dyed a shade of purple.

Dress will hopefully look a little different seeing I’m a size 6 and I was trying on a size 15.

Post # 145
1443 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@KatJM:  I love love love the shilouette of your dress. Its so chic!

Post # 146
1443 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@cutejesstc24:  I love the beading on your dress. So glamorous!

Post # 147
234 posts
Helper bee

Here is mine… I will have an actual picture of me in it in march 🙂 

Post # 148
679 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Everyone’s  dresses are so nice!  I can’t wait til mine gets in in a few months!

Show us your dress? See below.  Not my best shot, but my sister was snapping away like crazy. 

Are you making alterations to it?  I’m too short (5’3”), it will definitely be getting hemmed some, even with wearing my 4 inch heels!  The sample dress was tried on so often that the corset’s loops were broken, so my consultant could not properly lace me up and had to stand behind me and hold the sides in so we could see what it would look like properly laced!  My dummy self did not ask what the sample size was and we ordered the dress based on my measurements, which were partly into one size and partly into another. So hopefully the dress fits well.  Plus, I plan on slimming back down to my prior weight, so that might need some altering.  With all that beading, any alterations to the top will be a pain in the butt!

Who is the designer? Allure

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No. 

Is this what you expected/wanted? I knew I definitely wanted mermaid style and organza with some ruffles, but was open to other options.  After trying on a few different styles, I definitely knew this was the one for me.  I wasn’t expecting to have so much beading and embroidery, but I just fell in love with it! It looks absolutely gorgeous!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? Yes, he knows the style I was leaning towards and I had promised him no poofy ballgowns as he requested.  I did slightly describe the dress to him, but he’s a guy and has no idea what on earth it all meant anyway. Lol.

Has he seen your dress?   No.

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Show Us Your Dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors