(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Show Us Your Dress

posted 9 years ago in October 2012
Post # 106
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Are you making alterations to it? The sample in the picture is strapless but I ordered it with straps. I’m also losing the train and having it hemmed evenly instead.

Who is the designer? Mikaella

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope

Is this what you expected/wanted? I had no idea what I wanted, so I had no expectations!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? He knows it’s long.. and white. That’s about it!

Have he seen your dress? No

Post # 107
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Hi Everyone:) So excited to see that so many of you have your dresses chosen. It makes it more ‘real’ somehow… I was super skeptical when I started dress shopping, but it’s true, once you put it on, you know the winner!

Mine’s Rivini armane, and all I knew was that I wanted something classy and simple ( I know, right) when I started looking. The neckline will be raised to keep the girls in & just alterations for proper fit 🙂 Not sure about the sash yet.. might replace the flower with a blingy brooch? Here’s the sample!

Post # 110
1443 posts
Bumble bee

Uh oh. I got behind on responding to the dress posts. Time to catch up!

View original reply
@OoOTifsterOoO:  I love the light, airy feel of the lace on your dress. It’s so romantic!

View original reply
@FutureMrsNee:  I love the rouching on your dress and the detail on the hip area. Your waist is tiny!

View original reply
@shel_lee_1:  The bottom of your dress is so fun and funky! And I love the little bit of bling on the hip area.

View original reply
@HummusGal:  Very pretty. Love the lace, and the plain area under the bust is a nice touch.

View original reply
@Meliss1007:  Aww, I can’t see the pictures of your lovely dress!

View original reply
@TigerFanRN:  The layers on your dress are very cool, and I love the mermaid/trumpte/fit and flare shape on you.

View original reply
@luckygirl3:  The back of your dress if beautiful!

View original reply
@pineapplelove:  Your pleating is very pretty. The clean lines are very sophisticated.

View original reply
@rockdr:  That shape dress on you is jaw-dropping. I think you’d be fine with either the plain sash, or a bit of bling. I’m a sparkly bride myself, but either option would work wonderfuuly with this dress.

Post # 111
400 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@spoiledvamp27:   thank you!!!!!!!!!! im so excited to wear it again!

Post # 113
9478 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I ordered it last night on http://www.unique-vintage.com – I love it.  Fits me perfectly.  I’ll post pictures once I get it.  I’ll try it on as well.  FI knows what it looks like, but won’t see it on me until the day we get married.  Picking out a colored crinoline is going to be so awesome.  Can’t wait.

Post # 114
1443 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Rouquine:  I love the vintage style. What colors are you thinking of using for your peticoat?

Post # 115
30 posts
Newbee

Show us your dress? YES!

Are you making alterations to it? Just taking 3 inches off of it

Who is the designer? Maggie Sottero!

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No

Is this what you expected/wanted? I wanted a vintage looking dress to match my vintage ring. I thought I would end up with a dress that had a lot of beading & sparkle but ended up with lace instead! I absolutely love it

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? I showed him the dress! We are best friends so I tell him everything. he knows everything about me =)

Have he seen your dress? YES

Post # 115
30 posts
Newbee

Show us your dress? YES!

Are you making alterations to it? Just taking 3 inches off of it

Who is the designer? Maggie Sottero!

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No

Is this what you expected/wanted? I wanted a vintage looking dress to match my vintage ring. I thought I would end up with a dress that had a lot of beading & sparkle but ended up with lace instead! I absolutely love it

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? I showed him the dress! We are best friends so I tell him everything. he knows everything about me =)

Have he seen your dress? YES

Post # 117
1443 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@krneely11:  I can’t see that much detail in the pictures since they are small, but what I can see is goregous!

Post # 118
140 posts
Blushing bee

Yay! Can I just say how much I LOOOVEE wedding dresses? I would have 10 if I had the budget… and if my wedding were going to be a 10 hour event lol…

Show us your dress? 

Are you making alterations to it? Yes… making her into a sweetheart neckline and the dress is too big overall. I bought her from a WeddingBee seller and she only had an 8 not a 6.

Who is the designer? Maggie Sottero… this is Cleo 🙂

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope! 

Is this what you expected/wanted? Not at all what I had expected that I’d end up with! I thought I would have something much less formal and barely any train. I also thought I’d end up with ivory. But, she’s satin, has a loonnng train, and is Maggie’s Alabaster color (sort of an oyster/champagne).

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? Nope. I just looked at it on and knew he would love the way it makes my body look.

Has he seen your dress? Nope! He saw the sash that the dress came with so he saw the color, but he’s not an “attention to detail” person so he probably won’t even remember, nor would he probably be able to picture what the whole dress looks like in that color.

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Show Us Your Dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors