(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Show Us Your Dress

posted 9 years ago in October 2012
Post # 119
1443 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@MrsB2012:  Wow. That dress is stunning on you. The pleating is beautiful and I agree, it will look wonderful with a sweetheart neckline.

Post # 121
222 posts
Helper bee

Show us your dress? I don’t have one of me in the dress πŸ™ It actually looks pretty different on me. I’m not as – uh – full on top. I’m a bit of a bean pole.

Are you making alterations to it? Nope! Well, it was ordered with an added three inches (bean pole).

Who is the designer? Allure (it’s Allure 2455)

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope.

Is this what you expected/wanted? No, it was not. I had my heart set on J Crews Principessa in lace and organza.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? Not at all. Except that it’s white (it’s actually ivory, but close enough for him).

Has he seen your dress? No. He doesn’t want to see it until the day. I let him know when I’m looking at it on the computer (which is often—it’s so pretty!).

Post # 122
1443 posts
Bumble bee

I think weddingbee is eating some posts. I know that I responded to MrsB2012’s lovely dress and my notifications are telling me someone else posted 10 hours ago, but the last post I see is MrsB’s. Perhaps the posts are hiding somewhere in limbo and will return soon. In case they don’t:

View original reply
@MrsB2012:  Your dress is absoltely stunning! I love the pleating detail on it, the shape is amazing for your bombshell figure, and I completely agree, it will look even more fantastic with a sweetheart neckline.

Post # 123
1443 posts
Bumble bee

Aaaaand boom. As soon as I put up a post about missing comments, page 4 magically appears. Oh well!

View original reply
@Floating Elephy:  Wonderfull dress choice! I love the lace, and the cap sleeves make it even more unique. Please post another picture of you in the dress if you ever get the chance. I’d love to see it on you!

Post # 125
222 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@spoiledvamp27: Thank you πŸ™‚ I will for sure share another picture, but I have to wait until August to try it on again – boo – that seems like forever away! I wish I could wear it every day! Does anyone else feel the same? 

View original reply
@actime: it does have a key hole back! It’s one of my favourite features πŸ™‚ You can kind of see it in this teeny, tiny little picture lol.

Post # 126
1443 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Floating Elephy:  Definately! I keep joking with Fiance that after the wedding, I’m going to wear it to the supermarket, around the house to vaccum, do the dishes in it, etc.

Post # 127
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Show us your dress? I am ordering it tomorrow… and CANNOT wait to get a picture of it! I found it last Thursday and it has been killing me to not have a picture!!!

Are you making alterations to it? No

Who is the designer? Marisa (the style number is 895)

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No

Is this what you expected/wanted? Somewhat, I originally wanted an all lace allure dress, I had 3 I loved, but decided that I didn’t feel bridal enough for my style because the bottom wasn’t puffy enough (even with TWO trumpet crinolin skirts underneath). I also wanted capsleeve/straps, but my upper body is much smaller than my bottom (lucky… haha) so all the fabric was too much. It IS lace though! And the bottom IS puffy!! πŸ™‚ It’s amazing!!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? No. He loves a traditional ballgown but mine is trumpet! He will love it when he sees it! 

Have he seen your dress? No!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 129
396 posts
Helper bee

Here is my beauty!!!

Show us your dress? pic attached without alterations

Are you making alterations to it? Yes, they told me to order a size 4… I was between a 2 and a 4.. I plan on losing a few lbs

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Nope

Is this what you expected/wanted? NOPE! I’ve always dreamed of a big puffy ball gown! my second option would have been lace.. and I ordered this beauty!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? don’t think so.. he thought I liked ball gown and lace lol

Have he seen your dress? Nope! don’t even have it yet πŸ™

Post # 130
1443 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@mags2233:  I love how flowy and romantic the lower part of your dress is. Goregous!

Post # 132
20 posts
Newbee

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Show Us Your Dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors