(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Show us your FI wedding band.

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Show us your Fiance ring: See below.

Where did you get it from: Local independent jeweler.

Who picked it out: We went shopping together, but Fiance picked it out.

Tell us about the ring: It’s a 3 mm, flat comfort fit band in 14k white gold.

Does it match your ring: Sort of–they’re both plain bands in white metal.  I chose a 2mm knife edge band in platinum.

When did you buy/find it: We ordered it in July.

How long did the hunt take: We first started looking for wedding bands shortly after we became engaged last year.  FI was debating between this band and a low dome band (Tiffany Lucida) but ultimately this one is so much more “her”.  For such a simple band, there were a lot of decisions to make!

Post # 4
1095 posts
Bumble bee

Here are me and FI’s bands

Post # 6
407 posts
Helper bee

Show us your Fiance ring: Picture below

Where did you get it from: Diamond’s Direct

Who picked it out: My Fiance and I both picked it out. 

Tell us about the ring: It is a 6mm Palladium band.

Does it match your ring: No

When did you buy/find it: We bought it in May.

How long did the hunt take: Two trips to the jewelry store. Total it took around 2 hours.

Post # 7
1357 posts
Bumble bee

Show us your Fiance ring: Picture below

Where did you get it from: Zales, since it’s where he got my e-ring

Who picked it out: My Fiance did on his own 

Tell us about the ring: 8mm comfort fit tungsten carbide band with a satin stripe and a small, bezel-set diamond.
Yep, he jumped on the tungsten bandwagon, though I would’ve picked white gold (in a slightly thinner band?) so it could be resized. I also think the metal is very dark, much, much darker than it looks in the photo. He seems to love it, though, and I’m glad he ended up with a comfort fit.

Does it match your ring: Not at all

When did you buy/find it: We bought it at the same time as my first wedding band in April (I later exchanged mine).

How long did the hunt take: We took one trip to the store to size him and try some on, then he went back to buy it online the same day. It was less than a month after getting engaged since we’re having a short engagement.

Post # 8
1237 posts
Bumble bee

Where did you get it from: Titanium K

Who picked it out: He did but I approve! 

Tell us about the ring: It’s a brushed titanium band – 8mm dome 

Does it match your ring: Nope. Similar color but that’s it.

When did you buy/find it: Titanium K online

How long did the hunt take: Not long. He had his eye on it all along but it probably took a couple of months for him to pull the trigger

Post # 9
1038 posts
Bumble bee

Don’t have a pic of his.  We originally were just gonna go with a tungsten band that we got for cheap from JVL(we already got the ring).  Tonight while at his parents his mother gave him his grandfather’s wedding band(his grandfather passed away when he was like 5).  It is a simple plain gold band(FI prefers white gold or platinum) but we both think it is cool and special to have a band with such a special meaning behind it.  His mom got emotional as well when Fiance said he would love to have that as his wedding band.  I even told Fiance he could get ring plated to be a white gold band if he wanted but he says he would rather keep the band just like his grandfather had it(cept maybe get it sized).

Post # 10
595 posts
Busy bee

Where did you get it from: Zales

Who picked it out: My Fiance and I both picked it out. 

Tell us about the ring: It is a 1 ct 5 stone 14k white gold ring. 

Does it match your ring: Not perfectly but I think that they are similar.

When did you buy/find it: We were Christmas shopping for blue diamond jewelry and came upon our rings in the process. 

How long did the hunt take:  aAout 4 months.

Post # 11
9 posts
Newbee

Where did you get it from: Buy.com

Who picked it out: I found it, but Fiance picked it out. 

Tell us about the ring: It is a carbon fiber inlay with black and red. 

Does it match your ring: No. He wanted something different, and not traditional.

When did you buy/find it: We went ring shopping around April 2012, started looking in stores to figure out what Fiance liked and his size. 

How long did the hunt take: About a week. Once we started looking and knew what size to order, I showed him the below ring and he was sold!

Post # 12
9482 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Where did you get it from: Titanium Kay

Who picked it out: We picked it out together.

Tell us about the ring: It’s a tungsten band – two tones.

Does it match your ring: No.

When did you buy/find it: Titanium Kay online

How long did the hunt take: Not long at all.  He instantly liked what I showed him and the fact that it was made for a career (plumbing) like his where he is always using his hands.

Post # 13
1095 posts
Bumble bee

@actime:  It’s hammered rose gold. We are buying them like that but more just because we love the look. It feel earthier/less generic

Post # 15
595 posts
Busy bee

@actime:  We actually picked them out the same day so the search was over that night.

Post # 16
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Where did you get it from: Independent jeweler 

Who picked it out: FI but I completely approved

Tell us about the ring: It’s a plain 6mm comfort fit 14k white gold band

Does it match your ring: It matches one of my bands.  I have a 2mm plain 14k white gold band that I’ll stack with my half eternity diamond band.

When did you buy/find it: We went shopping for bands just months into getting engaged.  FI knew he wanted a very simple and plain band.  We pretty much knew we’d buy from the same jeweler as my e-ring (FI’s coworker’s aunt who is a jeweler gave us amazing deals!) but we looked around at other stores.  After seeing that our jeweler was giving us the best deal, we immediately bought our rings from her and have had them in the gun safe for about 6 months now.  

How long did the hunt take:  Not very long.  FI knew immediately he wanted a plain band

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Show us your FI wedding band.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors