(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Show us your venue’s

posted 10 years ago in October 2012
Post # 17
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@actime: Isn’t it lovely not having to pay $50+ a plate for someone you dont even see once a year!?

Post # 18
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Where is your ceremony venue? A small village church in England built in 1100

Where is your reception venue?   oldest hotel in the city where queen victoria stayed and also queen elizabeth before she was crowned queen

Show us your venue? can’t find many photos online

How did you find it? we saw a venue online we liked the look of and when we got there it was horrible, so we thought lets go look at ones we thought didnt look great this was a chain hotel so wasnt our first choice but went in and it looked amazing

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? yes and so much more

Why did you chose this venue? me and my Fiance aren’t into very modern things we like old fashioned things and this victorian ballroom was just so us

What made is venue stand out from the rest? It looked Amazing, the price was one of the best we had been quoted, and tbh i think i would have cried if we couldnt have it

Was this venue in your budget? yes and no, It was but now my contract at work has ended and isnt being re newed thanks to budget cuts, should be ok if i get a new job staart of feb

Post # 19
672 posts
Busy bee

Post # 20
672 posts
Busy bee

My venue is Southern Oaks Plantation in New Orleans. I was sold because I think it’s just beautiful. My ceremony will be outside at night. It was right in our budget, which is fortunate, because my heart was set on it!

Post # 23
672 posts
Busy bee

@actime:Thank you! Your venue looks great – very modern and classy!

Post # 24
25 posts
Newbee

I love this post… the venue’s typically set the stage/mood/theme for the whole wedding, they shouldn’t be overlooked! πŸ™‚

Where is your ceremony venue? My fiance’s family church.  It’s small but it has character and kind of mimicks our reception venue (something my mom pointed out while looking at photos, neat!)

Where is your reception venue? It’s just down the street about 6 miles or so… called the Indian Springs Metropark Environmental Discovery Center.  Long name, COOL PLACE!!!  We totally feel like it’s our diamond in the rough… πŸ™‚

Show us your venue? Gladly!

How did you find it? RANDOM post on a site called Wedding Mapper… I searched through about 23 pages of venues one day and there it was… I never even knew it was there, but it’s the only place we looked at in person and we just couldn’t let it go.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue?  Yes… I had no idea what I wanted, until I walked into this building!

Why did you chose this venue?  We wanted something different than the popular banquet style room at a hotel or a golf course, something that reflected us a bit more, something memorable and unique, but not TOO outragiously different.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? It’s modern, but rustic.  It’s casual, but elegant.  It’s new and environmentally friendly, but has “old” charm and character.  Kind of like my fiance and I… he’s such and old soul and I’m current, classic and casual.

Was this venue in your budget? The venue rental was actually really “cheap” in the grand scheme of things, it’s the cost of the exclusive caterer to the site that made us stretch out budget a bit.  We decided it was worth it πŸ™‚

The church….

The first view our guest will see of the venue as you drive up…

The lobby, hehe yup, it’s an environmental center!

The main “banquet” area where our guests will be seated… one side is a beautiful, planked wood the other is a wall of windows overlooking a pond!

There’s a lovely balcony for our guests to get some fresh air too!

And the outdoor space surrounding the venue is actually a wetland, so there are lovely paths and little gems like docks and wildflowers and rock walls πŸ™‚  We hope it makes for some beautiful photos… <3

Can’t wait! I hope we have a beautiful day so we can utilize the whole property!

Post # 26
125 posts
Blushing bee

Where is your ceremony venue? The Colonial Hotel in Gardner, MA (the ceremony will take place in the atrium and then during photos/cocktail hour they will open the wall and the atrium becomes the dance floor.

Where is your reception venue? See above

Show us your venue? http://www.colonial-hotel.com/index.html Unfortunately I couldn’t get any pictures off the website. But, if you have a chance, take a look. It’s beautiful!!

How did you find it? My fiance’s older sister got married in ’08 and we all stayed at the Colonial afterward, plus it’s right down the road from my fiance’s parents house.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Yes. It’s beautiful.

Why did you chose this venue? It just felt “Right” when we toured it. And they had our date available and was a good price.

What made this venue stand out from the rest? The sales manager, Mary, is super sweet and their packages include a lot of stuff and you can mix and match things if you want. For example, our package includes limo service from the hotel to the ceremony and back, but since we’re doing both the ceremony and the reception at the hotel we will upgrade to a suite for our wedding night. 

Post # 28
435 posts
Helper bee

@hummusGal & @phoenixandstars – your venues are stunning! Nice finds!

Where is your ceremony venue? Bearsville Theater, Woodstock NY. Hopefully outdoors!

Where is your reception venue? The same. Cocktail hour will be in the bar/lounge space, and the reception will be inside the theater space itself.

Show us your venue? 

How did you find it? We’ve been going there for years, both to the theater and to the restaurant on the same site (which will be doing the catering).

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue?  Aesthetically, not exactly. I love the lounge but the theater itself is a little bit of a challenge, largely because of the GIANT BLACK STAGE looming in the middle of it. 

Why did you chose this venue?  We wanted something a little different/offbeat. My fiance is a musician so a music venue is a great place for us to get hitched. We already have several years of memories here–and I love that we can continue to come back in the future and spend time in the place we were married.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? Well, it’s a music venue! We looked at a bunch of barns, but we definitely didn’t see another concert hall…

Was this venue in your budget? Yes. When we first started looking, I thought it was going to be at the high end; turns out I just had (unfortunately) unrealistic expectations about how much we’d be paying for what we wanted. All things considered, I think we’re getting a pretty decent deal (in wedding terms, that is).

Post # 30
192 posts
Blushing bee

Ridley Creek State Park in Media, PA: 

Isn’t it glorious? 

Post # 31
25 posts
Newbee

@tonights:  STUNNING!!

View original reply
@starbuck:  Thank you!!  I love that yours is unique too, that space will totally be transformed for your big day, would love to see it!  The cocktail space is cozy πŸ™‚

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Show us your venue’s’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors