51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Post # 48
51 posts
Worker bee

@MetalPants:  Sunday, October 7th @ 6pm. Lombardo’s in Randolph, MA

I absolutely love their chandelier. It is so beautiful. =)

Post # 51
30 posts
Newbee

Where is your ceremony venue? Barr Mansion in Austin, TX

Where is your reception venue? Barr Mansion as well. The ceremony will be outdoors in the garden and the reception will be in the Artisan Ballroom.

Show us your venue? Sure! Photos below and here’s their website: http://www.barrmansion.com/

How did you find it? I first saw it on the weddingbee blog as Mrs Mouse had her wedding here. Its also featured a lot on Style Me Pretty as it seems to be a very popular venue for ATX brides.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Yes!

Why did you choose this venue? We wanted to get married outdoors but also have a good plan B option just in case it rains, so the outdoor/indoor options had to be equally nice and Barr Mansion definitely fit that bill. It also has that lovely vintagey look that we love.

What made this venue stand out from the rest? We visited a few places in Austin when we were venue shopping (Allan House, Mercury Hall and Vista West Ranch in Dripping Springs) and they were all beautiful but since I’m planning from out of state (in NY) Barr Mansion’s ‘one stop shop’ sealed the deal for me. They do catering (all organic!), provide a DOC and let you bring in your own alcohol. They are also extremely well organized!

Was this venue in your budget? I didn’t think it was at first but after budgeting what it would cost for the other venue we were considering (Mercury Hall) and factoring in the catering, rentals, etc they came in about the same. We’re very happy it worked out!

Barr Mansion – Garden Ceremony

Plan B rainy day option of having ceremony in the Artisan Ballroom

Barr Mansion

Artisan Ballroom

Inside the Artisan Ballroom

Post # 54
51 posts
Worker bee

Everyones venue is gorgeous! 

@tonights  I really love yours totally my style!!

Where is your ceremony venue? V Sattui in Napa Valley

Where is your reception venue? Same

Show us your venue? Of course!!!

How did you find it? Looking through all the wineries in the Napa Valley that actually allow weddings!! There are very few that do, surprisingly.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Yes, it has the rustic elegance Fiance and I wanted.  Also it has the space to get married outside, but reception inside.  Yay!!

Why did you chose this venue? We love Napa and go all the time.  We are wine afficianados as well as foodies.  It just made sense to us.  I really wanted ceremony and reception to be in 1 place as well.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? I love the reception space.  It is in the barrel room and not outside or in a tent, which is nice, but not the look I was going for!!

Was this venue in your budget? We made it be!!

Post # 55
30 posts
Newbee

@spoiledvamp27: Thank you! Your venue is beautiful. I looked at a few venues by Lake Austin..would have loved to get married by the water!

@beargoose: Thank you! The view from your ceremony site is stunning. The photos will be amazing.

Post # 58
51 posts
Worker bee

@cardnasac thanks I love it too! Only a handful of wineries in Napa allow marriages and we loved this one the most! 

Post # 59
25 posts
Newbee

@cactus82:  I am in love with that Artisan Ballroom!! 

View original reply
@MissNapaBride:  That winery is stunning! So much character!

Post # 60
734 posts
Busy bee

Where is your ceremony venue? Doubletrr by Hilton Los Angeles- Westside

Where is your reception venue? Same place

Show us your venue? Sure

How did you find it? A couple of friends got married there a few years ago and I decided to go check it out after a diaster at another venue preview (There was a hole in the ceiling the size of Texas and that was just the start)

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Amazing!! Everything in one location and a great staff!

Why did you chose this venue? We wanted somewhere were our guest didnt have to travel too much and our out of town guest could relax and experience Los Angeles

What made is venue stand out from the rest? It was everything we wanted and more.. The remodel was awesome and it was PERFECT for us.

Was this venue in your budget? Yes and with all it included… We were WINNING

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Show us your venue’s’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors