(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Show us your venue’s

posted 10 years ago in October 2012
Post # 63
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Clearly I forgot to add this to my pics above…

Where is your ceremony venue? Lombardo’s Randolph, MA

Where is your reception venue? Same

Show us your venue? Of course!!!

How did you find it? Have been to several events there

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Not everything but close enough. I would prefer something very high up with an amazing view of the Boston skyline but that was waaaaaaay out of our budget. This venue is very classy and has an amazing chandelier

Why did you chose this venue? They just renovated it. It is very beautiful.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? I love the space.  It is huge.

Was this venue in your budget? Thanks to my mother it is. They have all inclusive packages that include everything from invitations, cakes, favors, flowers, limo, and even a free room at the hotel next door!

Post # 65
80 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@actime:  I posted pictures above (post # 46) but forgot to add the questions, so I just answered the questions with post # 62.

Yes, having an all inclusive is amazing! Takes away most of the stress!!  I do love my mom, I am a VERY lucky girl!!  Thank you!!

Post # 67
494 posts
Helper bee

Gorgeous venues ladies!! Here are ours.

Where is your ceremony venue? The Roman Catholic church that I was baptized in, St. Edward Catholic Church.

Where is your reception venue? A clubhouse at a golf course/gated community called Champions Club at the Retreat.

Show us your venue? 

Ceremony:

Reception:

How did you find it? Searching online.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue?  No, I actually grew up wanting to get married in a venue that had an ocean view, but that would be way out of our price range.  I did look for places that had water views too, but the venues themselves never spoke to us.  Then we did look at places that had city views, but those also were lacking in other areas.  In the end we both had a really great feeling when we toured our reception site and we love the California feel it has, almost a Spanish style feel.  We also like that it has both outdoor and indoor areas and that there are no other events going on, unlike some other places we saw.  It’s also kind of secluded and there is lots of greenery around and actually some pretty great views too.

Why did you chose this venue?  Well I guess I kind of already explained that, but I can add that it is also not too far away from the church, it is also almost completely all inclusive in their wedding packages and we have never been to another wedding at this venue.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? The feel of it, the Spanish/California architecture and decor and the indoor/outdoor spaces.

Was this venue in your budget? Yes it was, otherwise we would not have booked it that’s for sure! We actually booked it before it got taken over by a big wedding venue/catering company, so the contract we signed is the one that sticks, which gives us a bit more personalization than what their packages are now after the management change.  The most important thing to us when it came to venue was that they offered a great menu, bar options (we are lushes, what can I say?!) and that they included standard things without charging extra (like the cake cutting service, champagne toast, a plated meal, linens, and a duo entree). 

Post # 68
482 posts
Helper bee

Where is your ceremony venue? St. Mark’s Episcopal Church – Philadelphia, PA

Where is your reception venue? Arts Ballroom – Philadelphia, PA

Show us your venue? Sure, photos below 🙂

How did you find it? Google, google, google. The venue is brand new and has only had two weddings there so far. It wasn’t quite finished when we booked it (and they are still adding on finishing touches) but I originally found it because a random wedding planner blogged about it and I started researching it more and contacted the exclusive caterers to see it.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Yeah, I would say so…I do want to add some drapings and cover the place in florals.

Why did you chose this venue? We thought it was beautiful and it made the most sense. Everything, including the hotels, is within waking distance. It is new, and the exclusive caterer is amazing.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? Location, the GORGEOUS chandeliers, and the classy elements.

Was this venue in your budget? yep 🙂

The church was decorated for Christmas in this photo.

Post # 69
85 posts
Worker bee

Where is your ceremony venue? Saint Marks Lutheran Church – Saint Charles, Il

Where is your reception venue? Mill Creek Golf Club – Geneva, IL

Show us your venue? Sure!!

How did you find it? Looked at a couple places, but really wanted a place with lots of windows.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Yes for whats around our area. I love it!

Why did you chose this venue? It was close by and I love all the light coming thru the windows.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? Lots of natural light.

Was this venue in your budget? Yes!

Inside our church -v

This was taken during a family friends weddings

Reception site -v

Post # 70
162 posts
Blushing bee

Where is your ceremony venue? Le Windsor Ballroom, Peacock Alley (see pic1)

Where is your reception venue? Le Windsor Ballroom, main ballroom

Show us your venue? sure look at the images below!

How did you find it? Some friends got married there, and insofar as kosher kitchens, we were limited 

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Yes, its modern, yet classic!

Why did you chose this venue? It’s downtown, beautiful, big enough for our wedding, and can host the cocktail hour, ceremony and reception!

What made this venue stand out from the rest? it’s just beautiful, we could immediately imagine how everything was going to look!

Was this venue in your budget? We constructed our budget around the cost of the venue..!

Post # 71
1575 posts
Bumble bee

Where is your ceremony venue? Marriott Frenchman’s Reef & Morning Star Beach resort in St. Thomas USVI

Where is your reception venue? There’s actually 2 receptions.. the one right after the wedding in St. Thomas is at Havana Blue restaurant.  Our at home reception that will be a month later in Atlanta, GA is at the Venetian Room.

Show us your venue? Pics below of all three venues!! :o)

How did you find it? I found it online, of course!  I fell in love with the pics online, then we visited when we went to St. Thomas last year.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Yes!

Why did you chose this venue? We definitely wanted a Destination Wedding & the location is perfect– far enough to avoid “obligatory invites”, but still technically a part of the U.S., so no one has to go out & get a passport.  The venue itself is just beautiful.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? We were both overwhelmed with how gorgeous everything was from the moment we stepped into the lobby.  It all felt very “grand” while still feeling “island-y”.  LoL.

Was this venue in your budget? Yep!  We’re definitely having to do some aggressive saving though!

Gazebo at Marriott Frenchman’s reef

Marriott lobby

Havana Blue is an open air restaurant, right on the beach!!

The Venetian Room in downtown Atlanta, GA for our at home reception!

Post # 76
1488 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@actime:  If weather permits, we will

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Show us your venue’s’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors