(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Show us your venue’s

posted 8 years ago in October 2012
Post # 77
78 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@actime:  Thank you! I hate to say …. Even with the package …. I wish we were doing a destination. I’m already annoyed with alot of attitudes and “I better get an invitation” 

Post # 79
1489 posts
Bumble bee

Im right there with you ladies… I was just talking about this with my Maid/Matron of Honor

Post # 79
1489 posts
Bumble bee

Im right there with you ladies… I was just talking about this with my Maid/Matron of Honor

Post # 80
494 posts
Helper bee

Yes!! Why do people automatically assume they are invited? If I only communicate with you on Facebook and haven’t seen your actual face in over a year, yeah, you are probably not invited.

Post # 81
78 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@actime:  Yup. That is exactly what I am going to say. I’m fed up!  So far, the cake tasting was the most fun!

Post # 82
78 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@MsFoxxy:  WOW that is beautiful!! I wish I lived in GA!!!!

Post # 83
101 posts
Blushing bee

@cameronwedding. That’s so funny my last name is Cameron but won’t be after the wedding! Always loved it as a last name and hope you like it too! 

Post # 84
114 posts
Blushing bee

Where is your ceremony venue? Chestertown, MD

Where is your reception venue? Same place

Show us your venue?

How did you find it? I grew up there!

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? YES! Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to get married on the farm overlooking the river.

Why did you chose this venue? It was where I always wanted to get married, considering any other place was almost out of the question.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? The connection to my family and childhood memories.

Was this venue in your budget? Yes, because it was free to use! But, rentals for tables, chairs and bathrooms have run a little higher than expected even with a generous deal from our rental company.

Post # 85
Hostess
11165 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
@MissNapaBride:  I was just at V. Sattui last weekend it is such a great place for a wedding. I went to one there in 2009 and it was so romantic and gorgeous. 🙂

Post # 87
201 posts
Helper bee

Finally able to share these details with you all! Yay!

Where is your ceremony venue? Circular Congregational Church, Charleston, SC

Where is your reception venue? Right down the street: Marion’s in the French Quarter

Show us your venue? 

Circular Church Exterior:

Church Interior:

Marion’s in the French Quarter:

How did you find it?  Fiance found the church, he grew up in Charleston.  We found Marion’s about a year and a half ago when visiting for the weekend, and happened to walk by and both thought, hey, this would be a great place for a wedding!

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Yes!

Why did you chose this venue? FI actually chose both of these, for a variety of reasons. 

What made is venue stand out from the rest? The church was so enthusiastic about working with us. The Reception venue stood out because every other place we called said, “Oh, if you can get Marion’s that weekend, take it” as soon as we mentioned it as another location we were considering.

Was this venue in your budget? Sort of. Getting married in Charleston, and it turns out that’s expensive. =)

Post # 88
43 posts
Newbee

Where is your ceremony venue? The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens in Jacksonville, Florida

Where is your reception venue? Same

Show us your venue? 

How did you find it? It is a special place to us that we visit every time we are in Jacksonville (his family lives there). 

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Absolutely. Each “event” of our wedding will take place in a different location but the flow is wonderful. I cannot wait to dance under the stars!! The entire gardens and art galleries will be open the entire evening to our guests.

Why did you chose this venue? Again, it is special to us. It was kind of a no-brainer as it is easily the most beautiful venue in Jacksonville.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? It’s just perfect!!

Was this venue in your budget? I didn’t really have a budget going in. I will say that it is a little on the high end for what we get with it, but in the end it will all be worth it! 

Post # 89
516 posts
Busy bee

Hello Ladies! Beautiful venues! Smile

Where is your ceremony venue? Four Lakes Country Club in Kimball, Michigan; outside overlooking the pond.

Where is your reception venue? Same place!

Show us your venue? It’s down a little secluded road in the middle of the woods. It’s better in person.

How did you find it? My fiance’s brother got married at the same venue a few years ago and had a beautiful wedding. We looked at other places but there is not too many options in our area. It’s pretty much golf courses, more golf courses, and then some more golf courses. Lol

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Originally I really had my heart set on a venue that was really different and unique. I would’ve loved to find a barn or something along those lines where we could have hosted the event. But in the end, I think it is going to be beautiful and having it at a more traditional venue is keeping me from having to make even more decisions (which I hate) lol

Why did you chose this venue? We loved the idea of having a fall wedding there. In the fall, the colors in Michigan are gorgeous and this venue is in the woods so it is surrounded by trees. It’s also a little rustic with it’s knotty pine, which I also liked. We didn’t want anything too over the top fancy.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? The location was good for us, the people there were nice, the price was all inclusive, the atmosphere was unique (It set’s atop a very high hill that you have to drive up, which leads you to a huge black wrought iron gate)

Was this venue in your budget? We didn’t really set a strict budget in the beginning. But this was one of the more reasonable places that we went and looked at, and we really liked that the price was all inclusive so there would be no surprises at the end. It also included a lot like complimentary valet and coat check!

Ceremony Location

Outside of the building. The balcony/veranda will be open for guests to use throughout the night.

The Reception Space

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Show us your venue’s’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors