(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Show us your venue’s

posted 10 years ago in October 2012
Post # 107
482 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Where is your ceremony venue? Kelley Agricultural Museum (Sharpsville, IN)

Where is your reception venue? Same place

Show us your venue? See below

How did you find it? Through a real wedding featured on the wedding blog Style Me Pretty.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Yes!

Why did you choose this venue? Aside from the fact that it had everything I wanted in a venue (restored farmhouse, round barn, log cabin, and old schoolhouse), it was also well within our budget.

What made this venue stand out from the rest? It was everything I had imagined, and I could really envision being married there.

Was this venue in your budget? Yes!

*Sorry, I have more photos, but this is the only one that will upload at the moment. I promise I will upload more when possible!

Post # 110
511 posts
Busy bee

It’s not that expensive either for a popular resturant, I’ll be the 2nd bride to use the restaurant not the function room. The ceremony is $330 Plus my celebrant, venue $8260 which includes $1000 to book restaurant out and have to pay for 100 guests (having 82), set menu (6 courses), cakage and corakage and basic decor.

Need to still work out canapes, BYO wine and champagne and the bar tab.

My parents and in-laws are paying for everything to do with reception and ceremony. We have an $15000 buget and we probaly will have change. I’ve only spent $1500 of my money inluding dress, shoes and bridesmaid stuff. I’m aiming at spending $2000 total.

Post # 111
44 posts
Newbee

Oh! I love some of these venues. Especially the SC ones (I love Charleston:)

Here’s mine:

Where is your ceremony venue? Coomber Performing Arts Center in Herndon, Va (right outside of Washington D.C-DMV area)

Where is your reception venue? Same place

Show us your venue? I don’t have tons, but here you go:

(the inside hall…I love the color of the wood, and the windows…)

The outside-you can’t see it well in this picture, but the ivy covered silos are just gorgeous…there’s a cute bench back there and 2 acres in the back that can be tented if needed.

How did you find it? I found it on craigslist randomly I think. It was all accidental or kismet, depending on how you look at it. 

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Beyond. I never dreamed of a venue, and we actually stopped by this place on our way to book our original venue. I love the history of this place (President Tyler’s great granddaughter owns it-it was originally a commercial dairy barn and the spring house on site dates back to the 1800s).

Why did you chose this venue? We walked in and I fell in love. It wasn’t in our budget, but the manager worked with us and we made it happen. I would live here if I could (no…seriously. I would.)

What made is venue stand out from the rest? It sits on roughly 5 acres and reminds me of home in the South. My gram was raised on a farm, and I think she’d like this place. Plus, the inside is just gorgeous to me-I don’t even plan on decorating it. It exudes history. 

Was this venue in your budget? Barely. And by barely, I mean not really:) But the manager and owner saw how much I loved the place and worked with us, for which I am eternally grateful. I feel beyond blessed to be getting married here.

Post # 112
291 posts
Helper bee

Where is your ceremony venue? Windfall Farms, Paso Robles, CA

Show us your venue? Picture below (Photo taken by venue)

How did you find it? I found it on Here Comes the Guide.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Yes, It was the first and last place I had actually seen in person. 

Why did you chose this venue? It’s secluded, there is two houses on the property that us and the wedding party can stay in, the owners are amazing, AND I loved it the second i drove down the drive way.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? It was actually the only venue I saw. It was our first venue for the day, after we saw it we didn’t bother seeing the rest.

Was this venue in your budget? Yes and no. The venue was very important to us so we made it work.

Post # 114
139 posts
Blushing bee

@sjs:  What a beautiful venue!  

View original reply
@actime:  Our reception venue was the first one we’d looked at too.  But the church…that took a few extra tries.  =)

Post # 115
458 posts
Helper bee

Where is your ceremony venue? My Fiance little one roomed church in Taylor, Mi!

Where is your reception venue? About 20 minutes away at the Qulaity Inn.

Show us your venue? Pics below.

How did you find it? My moms boyfriend/FI (I cant keep up with them) Mom works there.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? No. But price wise yes!

Why did you chose this venue? With us paying for 90% of it on our own and just starting out our budget was really really really small. This venu isnt the prettiest, but who cares? It will be me and my Fiance right? Thats what a wedding is about right? Besides, some nice table decorations, and lights will do the trick. Anyway, the room fe was only $200 (because i have the hook up! hehe) And for a buffet dinner it was only $15 a person! (also because I have the hook up) OH! and we got a free hotel room for the night! And a free dance floor!

What made is venue stand out from the rest? We took soomething boring, and are turning it into something beautiful!

Was this venue in your budget? yes!

This is the church. Sorry its so blurry!

Told you it was a one roomed church! lol!

The quality Inn (reception hall)

See? We will be having black chair covers, taking down the pictures (I hope!) and adding lights to the bridal table!

Post # 117
1198 posts
Bumble bee

How did I not see this thread before?!  Haha, time to share!!

Where is your ceremony venue? Our venue is really close to where I live which is super convienent!  

Show us your venue? Pics will be below!

How did you find it? A friend from high school that I don’t really talk to regularly suggested it.  She lives in the same area as me still and had recently been married.  I looked into it and it fit the budget.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? I love our venue.  I have always wanted an outdoor wedding near the water.  Originally I dreamed of beach weddings and toes in the sand.  We don’t live near a beach but we do live near a river!  Bingo!  We will get married at a pergola overlooking a river w/boats in the distance probably.  

Why did you chose this venue? It fit our budget, it took my breath away, it literally made me cry when I went to meet with the lady to discuss cost.  I kept saying it was magical and I just knew it was the place I’d marry him.  He wasn’t with me when I went but I took pictures and sent them to him — he loved it also.  It fit the budget and me, his mama, and my Grandma were like this is it after talking to the lady.  I called Brendan and asked what he thought we should do.  I told him the lady was making up a contract that we could look over together and then sign and bring back if we decided to go with the venue.  He said sign it now if they’re booking up.  They were booked for every single Saturday in October and were starting to become limited on Sundays.  I cried when he said to book it.  Full on crying my eyes out and hopping up and down.  Went inside, read the contract, had Mother-In-Law and Grandma read contract, and signed it.  We wrote a check to hold our date and that was it.  We had looked a lot online and had several other meetings lined up.  I canceled the rest of them saying I found the venue.  It is gorgeous.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? The view — we’ll get married outdoors w/a view of the water behind us.  It’s breezy because it’s right on the water and October can still be quite warm here (at least early October).  It was beautiful.  Outdoor wedding/indoor reception with the possibility that if it rains we could get married in the ballroom.  They’d push reception tables to the side and we’d marry in the ballroom.  Also, the ballroom has views of the water…so we’d have the water no matter what happened.  =)  It’s lovely and we can afford it!  Every other place wanted $5-$10k just to show up (no chairs/tables/linens/food, etc) and it was breaking my heart.  I think it’s riddiculous that places can get money like that for one day. 

Was this venue in your budget? Didn’t think we can afford it but it was right in our budget. Thank Goodness.

All of the photos below do not belong to me.  I just googled pictures:

This one is of a gazebo we can take photos at:

When the currents are pulled back it overlooks the pergola which is in front of the water.Pergola with the river in the background (it’s not too far from the pergola):

Post # 119
1198 posts
Bumble bee

@actime:  Thanks, I didn’t think we’d ever find anything like what we ended up with.  I had looked into historic properties, parks, etc.  Everything was kinda pricey.  Some places required that you rent a tent if you had x amount of people coming.  Tents were expensive, ugh.  It’s not like we were trying to plan some big wedding.  It was hard but it was definitely worth the time.  And, thank goodness that they handle our food too LOL.  WOOOO one less venue to cover.  I was glad they worked with us.  I love our venue — it’s perfect.  That’s the plan!  We’re going to Hawaii and I will enjoy some sand in between my toes there!  We’re going to be adventerous while we’re there and try and do as much as possible.  Neither of us have ever been there so it’s so exciting!  We’ll discover everything together <3  

Post # 120
511 posts
Busy bee

@bumblepup:  Thanks, its got such a romantic feel.

So many beautiful venues- I keep forgetting to come into the month twin section. LOL

Not long now ladies.

Post # 121
231 posts
Helper bee

This is ours, Dodmoor House, in Northamptonshire

It’s a converted barn, pictures of the Ceremony Room, outdoor space and the Main Barn, we’re having a marquee attached to the main barn to fit more people 🙂

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Show us your venue’s’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors