posted 10 years ago in October 2012
Post # 122
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Where is your ceremony venue? Club Continental 

Where is your reception venue? Same. 

Show us your venue? See below

How did you find it? After searching far and wide with my mom and Fiance to find a venue that would work with our budget yet had a classy very beautiful setting right on the river we came across Club Continental.  It is very old world Florida 

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue?  Yes it absolutely is for both of us! 

Why did you chose this venue?  It is the perfect combination of everything on my “must have” checklist and is exactly how I always envisioned my wedding 

What made this venue stand out from the rest? it is a gorgeous mansion that was previously a summer/winter home for the palmolive soap family.  It also has hotel rooms on-site but doesnt at all have the “hotel feel” and is  just a beautiful very picturesque setting

Was this venue in your budget? Yes that was definitely an added bonus!!

Events at Club Continental on the St. John's River

Post # 123
48 posts
Newbee

Where is your ceremony venue? Friedman Farms.  Dallas, PA

Where is your reception venue? Same place

Show us your venue? Pics below.  Back of the barn with the deck and the main reception area.

How did you find it? Browsing online for venues.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Totally.  There are even horses boarded below.

Why did you chose this venue? We wanted something more relaxed than a ballroom and that would allow us more personalization, as well as maybe being a different surprise for our guests. 

What made is venue stand out from the rest? Honestly we didn’t go to see any other venue.  We came across a fair amount of barn venues in the Hudson Valley, where we live, but all were much more costly.  I grew up in the area and my fiancee and I went to college not that far away so it seemed like a logical choice as well as being absolutely beautiful.  The whole area is fields, and trees.  

Was this venue in your budget? Kindof.  We hadn’t set a true budget when we found it, but it seemed better, price wise, comapred to others.  So yes.

Post # 125
91 posts
Worker bee

We’re doing the ceremony in a public garden — we’ll stand on that raised area to the right–  then head to a local restaurant for the reception. Both are places we love, and we don’t have to decorate a thing 🙂 (But some of these posts are resulting in a little venue envy!)

Post # 126
1198 posts
Bumble bee

I am so excited to see recaps from everyone’s weddings.  We all have gorgeous venues!!!  

Post # 127
6 posts
Newbee

Where is your ceremony venue? Hermann Hill Chapel – Hermann, Missouri

Where is your reception venue? It’s at Hermann Hill too…in the Pavilion (their larger reception room)

Show us your venue? I’ll add some pics! (Sorry if some are huge! I can’t seem to change the size!)How did you find it? My mom actually told me about it after she & a friend were talking about my wedding. It’s in a small town near my small hometown, and we’d all seen the building but I don’t know if I ever would’ve thought of it if she hadn’t thought to tell me how beautiful it would be! I don’t even think I knew it was for weddings, haha!

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? It is absolutely gorgeous, and they take care of so many of the details…even more than what we knew or needed!

Why did you choose this venue? As soon as we walked in to the chapel…it literally made my heart skip a beat & I could imagine how beautiful our day would be. My fiance loved it as well…he really liked that we could have everything all in one place.

What made this venue stand out from the rest? They do so many things to make sure all the details of every couple’s day are taken care of. They have little things they add for their couple’s to make things unique, and we didn’t have to worry about where we were going to stay the night of our wedding!!

Was this venue in your budget? It was cheaper than some of the wineries we looked at, but since it is an all in one type venue…there were definitely more cost effective options. We probably could be a lot “better off” moneywise somewhere else…but with a strict budget, it’ll all work out! You only do it once, so no regrets!!

Post # 128
1883 posts
Buzzing bee

Where is your ceremony venue? The Garden Theatre in Columbus, Ohio

Where is your reception venue? Same.

Show us your venue? See below

How did you find it? Fiance is one of the founding board members of the theatre.  We have absolutely loved the building since they signed the lease to rennovate it two years ago.  We are both theatre nuts so it is perfect.

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? Yes it absolutely is for both of us!

Why did you chose this venue? I literally can not imagine having our wedding anywhere else

What made this venue stand out from the rest?  It is by no means a “cookie cutter” venue.  We will be the first wedding to be held there in at least 50 years.  

Was this venue in your budget? Heck yes!  It was FREE!

This a picture from when they did a show there.  It is going to look quite different by the time we’re done decorating it

This was taken before any work had been started

The sign outside of the theatre:

Post # 130
614 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Where is your ceremony venue? St. Peter’s Erindale Anglican Church

Where is your reception venue? Glen Erin Inn

How did you find it? Established Inn from 1928 where I grew up

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? 
No, but it was in our price range

Why did you chose this venue? Financial reasons.

What made is venue stand out from the rest? It was the remote, elegant, hideway that just felt like you were whisked out of the city.

Was this venue in your budget? Yes, we built the budget around it.   Changed the date to the Friday so we could afford it.

Post # 131
1883 posts
Buzzing bee

@actime: haha my thought exactly!  Fiance does scenery and lighting design so I’m sure the place will look amazing!  

Post # 133
112 posts
Blushing bee

Where is your ceremony venue? 

Hotel Provincial in the French Quarter of New Orleans

Where is your reception venue?

Arnaud’s Restaurant also in the French Quarter of New Orleans

Show us your venue? 

See above :3

How did you find it? 

Google is my friend

Is this everything you dreamed in a venue? 

Yes! I love both locations so much

Why did you chose this venue? 

The hotel courtyard was beautiful and convenient since it’s also where we’re staying! Haha. Arnaud’s is one of the oldest restaurants in the Quarter and is renowned

What made this venue stand out from the rest? 

Everything. We’re having a small wedding so I didn’t need a large venue to fit 300 people. Both of these places are perfect for us. 

Was this venue in your budget? 

The courtyard was cheap, and Arnaud’s rents out their banquet rooms fo’ free as long as you order from their menu. And since the food is so amazing that wasn’t a problem at all 🙂

Post # 135
3078 posts
Sugar bee

Here’s our ceremony space – the white table will not be there Smile

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Show us your venue’s’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors