(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Weight Loss Challenge

posted 7 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Want to give it a shot? Yes!

What is your wedding weight goal? I want to loose between 10 and 15 pounds and tone up.  

How do you plan on achieving this goal? I am going to go back on the LA Weight Loss diet that I was on in 2011 and ramp up my walking/jogging. And I’m finally going to use my WiiFit.

Have you started this goal? As of this AM, yes.

Do you attend a gym? No, but I’m tempted to fork out the money and join one and take soem classes.

Do you workout already? If so what is your activity of choice? Yes. I was really dedicated to working out until this Fall. I need to get back to it. I jog and walk on a treadmill and run the stairs at work every couple of hours during the day.

Does your spouse workout? Yes, he’s getting going again, too. He’s a good motivator until he buckles and eats a pizza. LOL.

Here’s to our goals! We can do it! I lost 37 pounds in 2011, so I know it’s possible. πŸ™‚

Post # 5
111 posts
Blushing bee

@actime: thanks for the welcome.Smile I know I can do it if I can find the motivation. It’s just hard to get motivated when I spent so many months working at it this past year. I need to change my mindset. I was loosing up to 3 lbs a week last year simply because I was following the diet and working out 100% by the guidelines.

Things that derailed me: hearing people say how you are forever trying to loose that last 10 lbs. Counselors mentioning people cheating on the system…hadn’t dawned on me that I could cheat a bit and still loose weight (um, that slowed things down!) and a fitness person at the gym saying, we can’t guarantee where you’ll loose weight (on my body) when I said that I wanted to concentrate on my mid-section. My ex-husband saying that I looked like shit and need to gain weight (skewed viewpoint). So, I’m blockinig those thoughts and I’m concetrating on completing my journey.

I could really use the support from those who accept this challenge and I’m a great cheerleader, so here’s to our goals and success at reaching our goals.

Today:

I’ve eaten well today, yay, and now I’m about to get on the treadmill. I’m fairly certain that if I can get a couple successful days behind me that I’ll be back on track. It certainly doesn’t help that we have a ton of social engagements this month and the next, plus a number of cake tastings. Yep, me and the treadmill are going to be best of buds!

My treadmill goal for the night is to burn 200 to 215 calories in 30 minutes. Not an overly ambitious goal, but one that I’m comfortable with.

Upcoming:

I think I’m going to take up the challenge of running in the Crazylegs Classic for the first time. It’s April 28th this year, so I have a bit of time to get myself ready. My Fiance has been hoping that I’d give in and do it. He has friends who run it every year and he’s run it once.

What works for you?

Post # 6
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Want to give it a shot? Yes

What is your wedding weight goal? To actually gain muscles and tone up. I would really like to gain 15 more lbs (yes I know I’m the opposite) and I know that by toning up I’ll gain muscle mass.

How do you plan on achieving this goal? First of all I have to quit smoking but it’s so hard. I have started doing Zumba again and it’s helping with cardio and cutting back on the smoking. Now just got to add the weights in there.

Have you started this goal? Yes, I do Zumba with my Wii 3x a week and have started including the weights.

Do you attend a gym? No, I feel a bit self conscious when I go to the gym

Do you workout already? If so what is your activity of choice? Zumba

Does your spouse workout? Yes he started this month. He wants lose some weight for the wedding and muscle up a bit more.

Post # 7
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

OMG… I’m hoping to be an October 2012 bride!!! We got engaged in November and are in the process of selecting/booking our venue. We should have figured things out by the end of the month. I’m hoping we book October 20, 2012. They have it available and penciled us in, it’s just a matter of fine-tuning the details.

I have not started working out yet because I have been SO busy at work!!!!! But I lost about 30 lbs over a year ago and have maintained it besides fluctuating with about 3-4 pounds. This week I have started to get really on track with work, so hopefully by next week I will be ahead and begin then. I would like to lose about 10-15 lbs and tone up. It’s just hard to get to the gym when it is so cold because I live in a city and there is no parking… and walking can be SO COLD on some days. I have to stop making excuses and do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚ Good luck to everyone!!!

Post # 11
688 posts
Busy bee

Want to give it a shot? of course

What is your wedding weight goal? I want to go back to being 150lbs but right now I am between 175-180.

How do you plan on achieving this goal? I am going to eat healthier…purcahse the px190 DVD, go to the gym and play lots and lots of tennis. I also plan on doing the summer tennins leauge again and doing 2 brackets so double the work out

Have you started this goal?  yes, 2 weeks strong and the healthy eating is a killer…I miss my wine and fried chicken πŸ™

Do you attend a gym? yes, my complex has one but have not been in ages. I plan on going back this week..Lord help me

Do you workout already? If so what is your activity of choice? Yes, I play tennis. I currently take a punisher tennis class for 1.5 hours every other Sat and hit with the Fiance occassionaly

Does your spouse workout? Yes, he plays tennis like every other day but eats like a cow..lol

Post # 12
2363 posts
Buzzing bee

@actime:  Great thread!  But then, I love all your October 2012 threads.

Want to give it a shot? Yes, please!

What is your wedding weight goal? My main goal is to tone my shoulders/arm/back.  My dress is strapless and dips almost to my waist in the back, so I want to look good!  I’d also like to lose at least 3 pounds.  I know it doesn’t sound like much, but I’m so short, 3-5 pounds is very noticeable on me.

How do you plan on achieving this goal? I need to start taking classes at the gym, but it’s so hard when it’s freezing outside.  I’m planning to start toning in earnest in April.  That also gives me less time to backslide.

Have you started this goal? My Fiance and I challenged ourselves not to eat out for the month of January.  I feel noticeably sleeker and less bloated, so I’d like to keep that up (or at least double down in the month before the wedding).

Do you attend a gym? I have a membership, but I rarely go.  

Do you workout already? See above.  My fave workout is Spinning, but it’s been too long.

Does your spouse workout? She’s just as bad as I am, LOL.

Post # 13
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I want to join in!

Want to give it a shot? Sure!

What is your wedding weight goal? I have an overall goal not just a wedding goal. I’m sure that I will still be working towards that goal come October. Its not necessarily about the number of pounds (although don’t get me wrong! I have plenty of pounds I want loose!) but most importantly, I want to be fit.

How do you plan on achieving this goal? I We transitioned to a clean diet several months back so I plan to continue with that. I plan to start adding in more exercise too. Fiance and I are starting the 30 day shred this week!

Have you started this goal? In some ways, yes. We made some pretty drastic changes to our diet. I’ve lost just shy of 50 pounds since May. I also intentionally part a mile away from my office. Rain or shine, I walk that mile twice a day. I also opt for the stairs versus the elevator whenever possible.

Do you attend a gym? Occasionally I use the gym at work but not on a regular basis.

Do you workout already? See above.  

Does your spouse workout? He used to run but has slacked off on that. He’s a pretty physical guy though and enjoys doing a lot of work outside so he does get exercise from that. He’s starting the 30 day shred with me. Of course, he’s the type of guy who can just think about losing weight and drop 10 pounds. ugh!

Post # 14
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@actime: It kinda helps that I work for a supplements company so I have been taking progain which is a Protein Energy Nutrition powder that I take in the morning and at night with my food and it has help me so far. Thanks for your tips πŸ™‚ and thanks for starting this thread, it will be great to encourage each other and help each other out.

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Weight Loss Challenge’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors