(Closed) October 2012 Brides- Weight Loss Challenge

posted 8 years ago in October 2012
Post # 77
396 posts
Helper bee

Want to give it a shot? Yes!

What is your wedding weight goal? Last I weighed myself (prior to starting working out) I was at 118lbs… I would like to be at 108 – so 10lbs to go!

How do you plan on achieving this goal? I started the BeachBody INSANITY program a week ago, I can barely move right now and when I do the videos they truely are INSANE, but I can feel the burn and the fat melting off of me!

Have you started this goal? Yes a week ago

Do you attend a gym? I used to in the past ( i was obsessed) but for the last 2 years I’ve been a slacker – the best time for me to go is after work, and that’s when its jam packed so I chose something different this time

Do you workout already? If so what is your activity of choice? I did, then I stopped but now I’m back at it again, activity of my choice right now is BEACHBODY INSANITY DELUXE program – it’s a 60 day program… its seriously insane

Does your spouse workout? Yes – he started doing this profram with me!

Post # 79
3076 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m in!!

Want to give it a shot? Yes!

What is your wedding weight goal? I want to drop about 10 more pounds. I’ve been working out a lot, just need to get the eating habits in check 

How do you plan on achieving this goal? Less carbs, no dairy, LOTS of vegetables, I’ll probably start juicing again

Have you started this goal? For the most party

Do you attend a gym? I have a gym membership, but I’ve been working out at home a lot

Do you workout already? If so what is your activity of choice? Yup!  I’ve been doing INSANITY!  I love it!

Does your spouse workout? When he feels like it, lol

Post # 82
431 posts
Helper bee

Count me in!

Tip #8-Don’t drink your calories. Save them for eating

Since I’ve started tracking my calories with MyFitnessPal, I am certain that I wasted valuable calories on soda, coffee drinks, and other crap that I shouldn’t be consuming. I now only drink water, maybe a cocktail every now and then, and a glass of milk every now and then

Want to give it a shot? I have to. I need to take control of my life and my addiction to food.

What is your wedding weight goal? This isn’t so much a “wedding weight” goal, but just a goal for my well-bring. 

How do you plan on achieving this goal? I’ve been tracking my consumption with My Fitness Pal, trying to stay at 1500 calories or less a day and cardio 3 times a week. I plan on increasing my cardio a bit more as well.

Have you started this goal? Yes.

Do you attend a gym? No. We have an elliptical at home, right in front of the feraking TV. NO EXCUSES.

Do you workout already? Yes, I wake up, eat a banana or some yogurt and hop on. It was difficult at first. Even I though “there is no way I can wake up and immediately start working out”. Um if I can do it, YOU can do it.

Does your spouse workout? No. But he has mananged to lose over 40 lbs in the past year and a half. Very proud of him!

Post # 84
431 posts
Helper bee

@actime:  Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

I know for sure, I was lacking in water intake. I do pee like ALL the time now, but it’s just an excuse for me to get up off my butt and walk down to the bathroom. I just can’t believe how much calories are WASTED. I now cherish them.

Yesterday I really wanted dill pickle chips, so I got a small 2oz bag for $.99. The entire bag was like 20g of fat, over 300 calories. So, I had half a bag yesterday, the rest today. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 86
431 posts
Helper bee

@actime:  I’m afraid, that I could get off track if I stop counting. But I’m hoping I can educate myself with portion sizes and control. We rarely eat red meat and pork as well. It’s either chicken or vegetarian. Sometimes fish too. 

Post # 87
396 posts
Helper bee

Goals are coming along! I’ve lost some inches and have lost 3lbs so far ๐Ÿ™‚ 3lbs in 3 weeks I’m ok with that timeframe.  If I keep on losing a pound per week until the wedding I can lose another 15lbs but I dont want to – I’ve been eating healthy too – so I feel much better and I’m starting to look much better.  I’ll be ok with another 5lbs

Post # 88
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Want to give it a shot? I sure do!!

What is your wedding weight goal? I would like to lose about 15-20 lbs in only 4 months! Eeeeek

How do you plan on achieving this goal? Continue to eat healthy and cut out all of my cheat foods which happen regularly.  Increase my working out, be consistent and keep running! I also want to try Insanity 

Have you started this goal? I am training for a marathon, however a foot injury has totally taken me off track- ready to get back to it tho!!

Do you attend a gym? No, working three jobs right now so no time!  Plus it’s summer so I love running outside!

Do you workout already? I run once in a while- need to build up endurance!!

Does your spouse workout? He’s on again off again like me, but eats healthier!  He’s an awesome motivator and pushes me which is good ๐Ÿ™‚

I really need to do this ladies!! I feel so self concious in a bathing suit, and I want to feel confident and happy!! I also bought my wedding dress a size too small so I have to do this to make sure it will fit!!  I have my first fitting on Tuesday so I am anxious to see how close I am to fitting in it properly.  Since I bought the dress I’ve only lost 5lbs or so :s  

Post # 89
396 posts
Helper bee

@MrsEllieBellie:  15-20lbs is doable if you lose 1lb per week, I have 15.5 weeks left until my wedding Oct 6.. I’ve been losing 1lb per week so its doable.  I WOULD reccommend Insanity as I started it a few weeks ago and I’m addicted!!!

Post # 90
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@mags2233:  Good for you!!! I totally just saw an infomercial about Insanity and I want to try it out!!  I’m going to get it this Sunday or Monday and I’ll let ya know how it goes :)Thanks!!!

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides- Weight Loss Challenge’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors