(Closed) October 2012 brides – What are your favors?!

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Most of our wedding is DIY so we were debating doing DIY candy apples; but when our guest list went over 100, we backed off of that.

Instead, we are doing homemade chocolates with peanut butter, caramel, and marshmallow fillings.  We did these at Christmas last year and they went over very well with our immediate families — and, they hold up well for 2-3 months, so we can start them early, since we’re planning to make a TON.

We purchased 1/2 lb candy boxes in bulk from a local candy store for really cheap and they’ll be decorated with teal and black ribbon and a thank you seal.

Post # 5
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Rouquine:  The mini pumpkin pies sound great! 

@kimberlyr22:  Tha sounds so delicious as well!  

Our favors will be the candy from the candy buffet.  We went through numerous ideas but felt like this would be the best one.  Who doesn’t like candy?!  Plus, they’ll have a choice of exactly which candy they want instead of just getting the one kind we choose and possibly not liking it.  

Post # 7
785 posts
Busy bee

We are having 17oz frosted white hypercolored tumbler cups with our names, date of wedding, and location printed on them at our open bar!! I’m soooo excited for this favor! And then absolute BEST part is that one of our GM’s works for the printing company so we are getting them at cost and will be less than $1/person!!! 🙂 Oh..and we’re having a photobooth too!

Post # 9
1253 posts
Bumble bee

So my Fiance and I love wine and I found these wine favor sets on eBay from a bride with left overs and I was sold. They was super cheap, I think they would make a great favor so I hope the guest like them. 

Post # 10
875 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Im not getting married in October, but my favors are honey sticks wrapped in ribbon and lace. 

Post # 11
5668 posts
Bee Keeper

I really want to do gourmet candy apples. We have an executive chef at work who makes lunch for our clients and she has a candy apple business. They’re amazingly good.

Post # 12
1158 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

We are doing a candy bar and giving out mini succulents.

Post # 14
1015 posts
Bumble bee

We are having a photobooth, so the photos will be the favors. They’ll have our names and wedding date on them.

Post # 16
1253 posts
Bumble bee

I so wanted a photobooth as well until I seen the cost. We had to pass, no room in the budget for it 🙁

The topic ‘October 2012 brides – What are your favors?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors