(Closed) October 2012 brides, when are you sending out your STD’s?

posted 10 years ago in October 2012
Post # 19
482 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

i was planning mid february for the STDs, and mid july for our invites. our wedding is 10.20.12. a lot of the november girls are sending theirs next month…i think that’s just so early, unless it is a destination wedding in which everyone would have to travel.

Post # 20
97 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@Rouquine: DITTO

Post # 21
1284 posts
Bumble bee

I’m planning on sending out my STDs in January… and then the invitations late July/early August. 🙂

Post # 22
148 posts
Blushing bee

Our STDs are already out. It’s a weekend-long thing, with a Sunday ceremony, only 10 of our gets won’t need a hotel room, a good number will also be flying in, and some have kiddos. We wanted to give people plenty of time to save up because we’ve been to our share of weddings and know it gets pricey. 

Not sure when the invitations will go out but I need a final head count by Labor Day–so we’ll be asking for RSVPs by 8/23. Given all the travel invovled, I figure if they don’t know by then, they’re probably not coming. (Then again, that could be the compulsive planner in me just projecting.)

Post # 23
611 posts
Busy bee

We are 10/13/12, so I had been thinking STD’s in mid February and invites in mid July. But I am super impatient to get out the STDs… jus received them from VistaPrint and they look AMAZING, so I might go ahead and let them fly in January!

Post # 24
222 posts
Helper bee

We sent our Save Our Date out already, too, for our October 20, 2012 shindig. We are having it in Halifax, Nova Scotia and almost everyone will have to travel—even us! We e-mailed out a video I made and then phoned anyone (mostly grandparents) who didn’t have access to the Internet.

Good thing we did, because we got a reply back from my Great Aunt and Uncle in New Zealand and they said they make all their travel plans for the new year in Dec/Jan, so we made their plans for them!

Post # 25
688 posts
Busy bee

sending out my STD next month as part of our holiday cards. I got lazy this year and did not send x-mas card so just sending new year’s card with our magnet save the date

Post # 26
120 posts
Blushing bee

ours went out last week-  it will entail flights and hotels for 70% of guests, so we wanted to give them plenty of warning!

Post # 27
60 posts
Worker bee

I totally sent our STDs in January…January 29, to be sure, but I was hell-bent on getting them out in January!

Do any of you October girls have an A and B list?  We have a very small B list, but a B list just the same.  I’m thinking of moving up the wedding invites to early July, requesting an Aug. 31 RSVP, then sending B list first week of Sept. with RSVPs due three weeks from wedding date.

Will gladly take advice from anyone!!

Post # 28
785 posts
Busy bee

I feel soo behind on the STD’s!! I’ve had the magnets delivered and sitting in the shipping box for almost a month now and I JUST NOW got to addressing each one!!! LOL I’m such a horrible procrastinator!! Needless to say, my STD’s will be sent out on Tuesday 🙂

Post # 29
11 posts
Newbee

Wow I’m so far behind! I’m probably still at least two weeks away from actually sending them out, and we picked the holiday weekend for the wedding too. But we just got engaged in February so I really can’t imagine having done it too much earlier.

Post # 30
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We just got a Save the Date for a 9-29-12 wedding, so I can plan for it.

Post # 31
93 posts
Worker bee

We just sent ours out in the last couple of weeks.  We were going to wait until Mother’s Day, but my family was all in a tizzy wondering amongst themselves when it was and if they were invited so we figured it better to quash the questions and gossip.  My side of the family is extremely small and it’s been decades since there has been a wedding (literally – I think my parents were the last to marry nearly 30 years ago!) so I think maybe they forgot that these don’t traditionally go out until later, if at all.  It might have been funny to see the furor if I had skipped Save the Dates and made them wait until 2 months before to get their invitations!

The topic ‘October 2012 brides, when are you sending out your STD’s?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors