(Closed) October 2012 Brides….Let's talk RSVPs!

posted 8 years ago in October 2012
Post # 32
442 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Ours went out a week ago and we’ve already received well over a quarter back (inviting 180 people), but the deadline to respond isn’t until September 6. I actually thought we sent them out a bit on the early side (planned to hang on and mail the first week of Aug, but once they were sealed and addressed I realized I didn’t have that kind of patience), but the majority of our guests have known whether or not they’re coming for some time (destination wedding) so I guess it isn’t a big deal. I expect the fast responders will taper off through August…and then we’ll get slammed again around the deadline. Anyway, it doesn’t take that long to check a box & drop it in the mail so for those of you who haven’t sent yours yet, it’s really not a big deal. No one needs eight full weeks to respond. 

Post # 33
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@Earlybride:  I have had issues with the food selections too….but since I’m going for a rustic theme I just put a picture of a cow and a chicken on mine. We are up in the air on the beef entree right now..so I figured cow is cow)

Mine are all pinted and addressed…just need to be stuffed, stamped and mailed…hopefully this weekend. The RSVP date is sept 14th.

Post # 34
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

I’ve still got no RSVPs but maybe some will show up in the mail today.  Groomy thinks it’s hysterical that I’m stalking the mailbox and we basically just sent them out.

Maid/Matron of Honor sounds like she’s sending me her dress money back with her RSVP so maybe I’ll get hers first, ^_^

Post # 35
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We got our first batch of RSVPs!!!  6 RSVPs came back and that meansssss we have 16 from that batch coming ^_^ YAY all “wouldn’t miss it for the world” responses!

Post # 36
1237 posts
Bumble bee

Invited 208 – started getting RSVPs back a week ago and so far 16 yes and 0 no.

Post # 37
1094 posts
Bumble bee

we sent out 15 Out of Town invitations earlier this week, sending the local ones (190) next week! We’ll see! My RSVP date is September 12th

Post # 38
77 posts
Worker bee

I sent mine out early last week and have gotten 6 or so back. My RSVP date was Sept 22. I’m having a LOT of fun with getting them back though. Thought I’d attach pics! 

Okay, scratch that – I got 5 back in the mail just now! So I’m up to 11 now! In all the stress surrounded with the planning, so far the BEST part has been getting all these RSVP’s back! They are SOOO funny and meaningful! My one Girlfriend wrote “I’m always pregnant at weddings” and my neighbors wrote “we are happy to have you as neighbors” and the marital advice is SO cute! I will highly recommend this idea to anyone b/c people have responded really well to them! 

Post # 39
77 posts
Worker bee

OH – and don’t mind the ugly lime green – the “actual” color is darker but the web shows colors differently than in “real life” (what do you mean things are different on the internet???) LOL

April

Post # 40
58 posts
Worker bee

We sent ours out a week and a half ago.  110 invited, 35 yes, 7 no.

Post # 41
3076 posts
Sugar bee

We sent ours out on Monday, yesterday we got back 5 yes!  I didn’t think it would be as exciting as it is to get them back!

Post # 42
43 posts
Newbee

Sent out 108 invites, 189 guests.

So far, 24 accepted, 7 declined.

BUT people are not following directions! I clearly wrote “please initial by the entree selection for each guest” and I’ve received 3 cards from couples that have 2 check marks. My caterer needs to know the meal for each guest. Blah 😉

Post # 43
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

So far 53 people have RSVPed which means we’ll have at least 55 there when you include me and zee future hubs! ^_^ we’ve had mostly yays thus far.  The only nay we got was from my Grandma and Grandpa in NY and that was because it’s hard for them to travel.   

Post # 44
1237 posts
Bumble bee

We got 6 more back today and one was a decline!! I was so thrilled when I opened it hahaha. One of the yes responses was actually kind of a decline too – 5 seats reserved but only 1 is coming which is kind of like 4 declines!

Post # 45
5667 posts
Bee Keeper

I sent mine out Saturday the 4th and just got my first one back yesterday, I was so excited! I sent out about 17 invites (I only have 30 guests) so now I just have to wait.

Post # 46
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

Future hubby is back from his business trip, yay!  I’m at his place for the weekend so I called home to my Grandma to check if anymore RSVPs came.  No regular RSVPs but we did get a postcard from Mickey and Minnie.  

😉  *excited*

The topic ‘October 2012 Brides….Let's talk RSVPs!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors