posted 8 years ago in October 2012
Post # 167
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

When did you get engaged? June 29, 2010
When is your wedding? October 13, 2012
What state or country is your wedding in? NJ
What are your wedding colors? Gold, red, cream, copper, etc.
What is your wedding theme? Fall, romantic
How many people are you expecting? 110-115
How large is your bridal party? 7 (3 girls and 4 guys)
Did you find your dress? Yes!  I love it!
What do you need help finding or doing? Florist
Are you a DIY bride? Yes πŸ™‚

Post # 169
66 posts
Worker bee

When did you get engaged? September 17, 2011
When is your wedding? October 27, 2012
What state or country is your wedding in? Massachusetts, USA                           What are your wedding colors? Charcoal, ivory, black (flowers will be different colors – haven’t picked them yet)                                                                                 What is your wedding theme? Not sure? It’s an outdoor wedding at an ampitheater in a park. 
How many people are you expecting? 160-165
How large is your bridal party? 10
Did you find your dress? Yes, it’s currently at alterations.
What do you need help finding or doing? Need help finding/making an arbor to get married under  
Are you a DIY bride? I’m DIY with stuff like centerpieces, table cards, decor, etc.

Post # 170
9 posts
Newbee

When did you get engaged? February 13, 2011
When is your wedding? October 13, 2012
What state or country is your wedding in? Vermont                                            What are your wedding colors? Eggplant and forest green                                                      What is your wedding theme? None
How many people are you expecting? 100
How large is your bridal party? 6
Did you find your dress? Yes, I got really lucky and was able to buy the sample
What do you need help finding or doing? I still need a photographer. It is silly to me how much they cost. If it were my decision I would not have on at all but my parents (Who are NOT paying) insist that I have to have one. 
Are you a DIY bride? I guess, working on centerpieces, pomondars, and my viel. Will be doing my own flowers as well.

Post # 171
1237 posts
Bumble bee

Woops, totally missed this πŸ™‚

When did you get engaged? December 1, 2011
When is your wedding? October 13, 2012
What state or country is your wedding in? South Carolina, USA
What are your wedding colors? Dark green, orange, and yellow with lots of twine and burlap
What is your wedding theme? I guess you could call it a fancy bbq wedding
How many people are you expecting? Expecting? Honestly, no clue. Close to 200 on the guest list, hoping for around 120. 
How large is your bridal party? 12 – 6Bridesmaid or Best Man and 6Groomsmen. Haven’t decided if we’re doing flowergirls or anything yet
Did you find your dress? Sure did πŸ™‚ Wish she would hurry up and get here!
What do you need help finding or doing? If anyone could help me find my motivation, I would be thrilled πŸ˜‰ Really though right now it’s just a matter of figuring out logistics (ceremony and reception are an hour away from each other) and getting little DIY projects done
Are you a DIY bride? Kind of πŸ™‚ Most of the DIY stuff were doing is just “detail” or extra stuff. I love it though!

Post # 173
12 posts
Newbee

So excited to find this board, it’s nice to have people to discuss ideas with!

When did you get engaged? May 22, 2011 

When is your wedding? Friday October 12, 2012

What state or country is your wedding in? Hamilton, Ontario 

What are your wedding colors? White, black and plum

What is your wedding theme? Elegant Autumn…we’re using lots of fall leaves decor, we have a warm apple cider signature drink and a campfire smores station on our late night buffet! 

How many people are you expecting? 125

How large is your bridal party? 5 girls, 5 guys and one flowergirl 

Did you find your dress? Yes, the very first one I tried on! I love it, and as a plus sized bride I thought for sure this process would be long and painful…I’ve never loved a dress more! 

What do you need help finding or doing?  Most of the details are taken care of, it’s more the timing of events that I’m having trouble with.

Are you a DIY bride? For everything I can-favors, moneybox, decor, programs, seating chart-the basics.  But it’s more of a “I need to save as much money as possible” thing-I’m actually not that crafty. But most of my projects have actually turned out well so far-I’m very excited!

Post # 175
242 posts
Helper bee

When did you get engaged? January 2012 

When is your wedding? October 20, 2012

What state or country is your wedding in? Virginia

What are your wedding colors? Claret

What is your wedding theme? Hearts (that is about as much of a “theme” as we have!)

How many people are you expecting? A lot…finals numbers TBD

How large is your bridal party? 4 girls, 4 guys (including Maid/Matron of Honor and BM)

Did you find your dress? Yes. I bought the first one I tried on.

What do you need help finding or doing? Invitations; flowers. I am feeling very behind and trying to buckle down and cross some more things off my To Do list.

Are you a DIY bride? No, not at all! I am kind of a wannabee crafter…I keep thinking that some DIY touches would really enhance our wedding, but I need to take care of the big stuff first. Invitations are currently my biggest stressor, partly because we are still finalizing our guest list.

Post # 177
242 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@actime: Yes, it has been the biggest headache! I’m hoping we can finalize numbers in the next week…need to get all “interested parties” to confirm their lists.

Post # 178
177 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@music11:  Do you still need help with Florist?  I have a couple I can recommend in NJ!

Post # 180
242 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@actime: Thank you! I am going to tackle several tasks this weekend, including moving forward with guest list/invites, so I’m hoping to have a happy update to report next week. Smile

Post # 181
42 posts
Newbee

When did you get engaged? December 12, 2010
When is your wedding? October 20, 2012
What state or country is your wedding in? West Coast, New Zealand
What are your wedding colors? Navy blue, sapphire blue, ivory and champagne.
What is your wedding theme? Modern western / horse/ cowboy theme, also lots of crystals.
How many people are you expecting? 120
How large is your bridal party? 12 (3 bridesmaids, 3 groomsmen, ring bearer and 3 flower girls/ junior bridesmaids)
Did you find your dress? Yes, I love it and it is perfect πŸ™‚
What do you need help finding or doing? Not alot, most things are sorted now just finalising everything and getting it here on time.
Are you a DIY bride? Yes 100% as well as a full time student and Mum commuting over 300km :).

The topic ‘October 2012 Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors