(Closed) October 2012 Roll Call

posted 8 years ago in October 2012
Post # 123
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Hi fellow October brides!  Here’s my info! ๐Ÿ™‚

When did you get engaged? December 25, 2011 (Christmas morning!)
When is your wedding? October 28, 2012
What state or country is your wedding in? Florida, USA
What are your wedding colors? Royal blue, lime green, ivory, and a bit of brown
What is your wedding theme? well, its on the beach, so sort of casual, beachy, but sort of an elegant beachy, think Tommy Bahama-esque ๐Ÿ™‚
How many people are you expecting? 55-65
How large is your bridal party? small, just Maid of honor and best man
Did you find your dress? Yes, I actually took a huge chance and ordered one from dressilyme without ever trying on anything locally and LOVE it!!
What do you need help finding or doing? Need to find an affordable DJ. I pretty much have everything else set!
Are you a DIY bride? Yes, everything I possibly can DIY I am (Invitations, Save-The-Date Cards, all flowers I hope, ceremony decor, favors, etc.). I love doing this sort of stuff ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 125
63 posts
Worker bee

I tried to upload a picture of my dress and I was unable to. I’m having trouble with my PC so I’ve been on my new I Pad. I have to say that this my first time working with a Mac and I have not been able to add any pic’s. Not even sure if it’s possible! I plan on taking a class so as soon as I figure it out I’ll post pic’s.

Post # 126
124 posts
Blushing bee

When did you get engaged? June 25, 2011

When is your wedding? October 6, 2012

What state or country is your wedding in? Maryland

What are your wedding colors?Teal (More blue than green), Purple, White, with Raspberry accents

What is your wedding theme? Bright, colorful, romantic, traditional

How many people are you expecting? 160-180

How large is your bridal party? 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, 1 flower girl, 1 ring bearer

Did you find your dress? I did find it! Stashed away at my grandma’s so my Fiance won’t see it before the big day.

What do you need help finding or doing? Nothing really right now. Just moving through the process of DIY-ing stuff.

Are you a DIY bride? Yes, especially with our paper stuff, favors, etc. Flowers I am letting a professional handle it

Honeymoon? Disney World!!!

Whoops! Just saw I already played. Oh well, I’ll keep it up because we’ve changed stuff.

Post # 128
1015 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@audra.johnson1:thanks and congrats to you too!!! I figure a Friday night wedding is a good way to kick off the weekend!

Post # 129
87 posts
Worker bee

When did you get engaged? February 14, 2011 -2 days before our 2 year anniv.

When is your wedding? October 27, 2012

What state or country is your wedding in?  New Hampshire

What are your wedding colors?  Orange and Black

What is your wedding theme?  Halloween

How many people are you expecting? 70-75

How large is your bridal party?  10- 5 each

Did you find your dress?  Yes! In November at David’s Bridal. Should be here by March.

What do you need help finding or doing?….nothing really.

Are you a DIY bride? I am going to make our flowers from ribbon, other than that…no.

Post # 131
3 posts
Wannabee

Just joined, but I am also an October 2012 Bride!

When did you get engaged? September 30, 2011
When is your wedding? October 14, 2012
What state or country is your wedding in? New York
What are your wedding colors? Autumn colors: maroon, pumpkin orange, deep yellow, navy
What is your wedding theme? Rustic vintage autumn elegance 
How many people are you expecting? 100
How large is your bridal party? 12 (6 each)
Did you find your dress? Hopefully this weekend
What do you need help finding or doing? Finding DYI ideas for decorations
Are you a DIY bride? Oh yes.

Post # 132
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012 - Adrianna Hill Grand Ballroom

Love love love seeing all the date twins on here! How fun! I have been feeling like there aren’t too many of us 10/13/12 girls since the 13th of the month always has such a superstitious element for some people (not me!)

When did you get engaged? Feb. 20th, 2011

When is your wedding? October 13, 2012

What state or country is your wedding in? Portland, OR

What are your wedding colors? Gold, Ivory, Black, blush pink

What is your wedding theme? Elegant with a touch of whimsy

How many people are you expecting? 170 (praying for this number!!! We have a guest list that is a little too big!)

How large is your bridal party? 8 Bridesmaids, 4 Groomsmen, 1 flower girl, 4 ring bearers

Did you find your dress? Yes! I have been looking at dresses since I was about 16 in bridal magazines and had never seen it until the consultant brought it in to me. I wasn’t sure about it on the hanger, but was crying before she even got it all the way on me! Love it! I can’t wait to show everyone on here after the wedding but Fiance is very tricky and I don’t want him to see it yet!

What do you need help finding or doing? Thinking of what to put on our vellum luminaries on our cocktail tables (about 10 of them). We were thinking Disney quotes about love, but not sure yet…

Are you a DIY bride? Trying to be! I am doing all paper things myself like invites, programs, Save-The-Date Cards, and I made my own pearl bouquet! That was a big project!

Honeymoon? Maui! Fiance has never been and we’re so excited!

Post # 135
22 posts
Newbee

When did you get engaged? August 6th, 2011

When is your wedding? October 19, 2012

What state or country is your wedding in? Honolulu, Hawaii

What are your wedding colors? Purple/plum, ivory

What is your wedding theme? Elegant and classy. We’re avoiding the common Hawaiian themed wedding. 

How many people are you expecting? 50+

How large is your bridal party? 3 bridesmaids, 3 groomsmen, 2 ring bearers, and 1 flower girl.

Did you find your dress? Yes!! I will be a Maggie Sottero bride! I actually just got the call today that my dress is in, but it will be a while until I get to see her as alterations don’t begin until July. 

What do you need help finding or doing? Currently we’re trying to decide on table numbers or names. 

Are you a DIY bride? Absolutely!! Anything to save some $$. I have made all our bouquets (coffee filter roses – Thank You Martha Stewart!!), we had a DIY kit for our invitations, and I will be making a “here comes the bride” sign for the flower girl and the youngest ring bearer to hold. 

Honeymoon? The Big Island… I’ve only been to Hawaii once before and stayed on Oahu for the entire 2 weeks. My Fiance has been to Hawaii multiple times and has explored many of the islands. We have rented a vacation condo on the Big Island which we’ll fly to the day after the wedding to spend 5 fabulous days together! 

Post # 136
30 posts
Newbee

When did you get engaged? end of April 2011 idk the exact date.. we’ve been together for more than 7 years tho so it was a long time coming =)

When is your wedding? 10-11-12

What state or country is your wedding in? Florida, USA

What are your wedding colors? Black & Pink

What is your wedding theme? Romantic… but on the beach

How many people are you expecting? at the wedding 20 but then we are having like 75ppl at the reception.. its an out of state wedding otherwise there would be a lot more

How large is your bridal party? 4… 3 bridesmaids & 1 groomsmen, bc its only immediate family going to our out of state wedding 

Did you find your dress? Yes! & I absolutely love it! Embrace by Maggie Sottero

What do you need help finding or doing? Figuring out how to do the DIY invitations! & finding a back up location for our wedding in case it rains

Are you a DIY bride? Yes, I love saving money!

The topic ‘October 2012 Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors