(Closed) October 2013 Babies – Part 5

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 407
383 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@JayHawkMama I love your dress!! You guys look so adorable, and especially your bump!!

Post # 408
1131 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@Jayhawkmama:  You and your husband look adorable! Glad you had a great time!!

I had a getaway spa weekend with the girls in my family. It was very relaxing. I had a prenatal massage, and I have to say, it was not as satisfying as a regular massage. They had me lay on my side and hug a pillow and worked on 1/2 of my back from the side, and then had me flip and did the other side. From that position, she couldn’t much leverage or pressure, so it felt kinda weak. However, the manicure and pedicure was fantastic!!!

Post # 409
455 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Just thought I’d share my most recent bump photo.  Here I am with baby Lillian at 26w5d pregnant!  I’m feeling pretty good, although my husband says that I’m starting the “waddle” walk… lol!  I have a bit of acid reflux and the doctor says my blood pressure is a little high, so hopefully that doesn’t become a concern.  Next appt on July 8th!

Post # 410
664 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@amw511s:  Cute bump!

Ladies, this is a gross Too Much Information, but this morning my nipples are leaking! D:  What do I do? School’s out for summer, so I don’t have to go to work leaking (thank God for small mercies). Is anybody else leaking?? I’m afraid I’m going to ruin my bras. It’s not too much atm, like it would take a long time to go through a bra/get on my shirt, but I’m afraid now that I’ll end up leaking in public.

Post # 411
1131 posts
Bumble bee

@bunnymama:  Not experiencing that yet, but definitely go out and get some nursing pads. They’re like maxi pads for your bra!

I think we’re all going to need them eventually. Let us know if you find ones that you really like.

Post # 412
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Jayhawkmama:  You look great! Glad to hear your shower was a success!

@ExcitedScaredBee:  I have been getting prenatal massages and I think it really depends on the person. I found a girl who is really good, she is really good at giving a lot of pressure which has given me a lot more relief.  I have been making monthly appointments around her schedule.  The first one I had was with someone else and I thought it was rather eh as well. I am glad I gave it another shot – I was having really bad sciatic pain which is what got me back.  Turns out it isn’t that helpful for the sciatic pain but my back tends to get knotty and its been great now that I have someone good! I have one of those massage monthly membership things and luckily they don’t do a surcharge for prenatal which is awesome!

Post # 413
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - W Hotel Silicon Valley

@bunnymama:  My sciatica is out of control and gets really painful! On several occasions I’ve been talking to a co-worker or a friend and I get a sharp pain all the way from my lower back down to my knee and bend over in pain! Mine is exclusively on my right side.

Post # 414
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - W Hotel Silicon Valley

@amw511s:  Super cute round bump and I love the name Lillian! 

Post # 415
455 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@bunnymama:  Thank you!

@moniquaa:  Yes, we love the name too.  Her middle name will be Harper… so, Lillian Harper!  But, we’ll call her Lily.  <3

Post # 416
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@ExcitedScaredBee:  was it you who was scared that Kim K was going to steal your baby name? I think I recall that thread… Well, I just learned that the name we picked (Alexandra) is at the top of Will and Kate’s list for girls. I have no idea how true these rumors are, but I’m already in a twist about it! I never in a million years thought I’d care about anything they’d do, but this… I just don’t want to deal with the comments. I know I’m being silly… But dear lord, please let them have a boy. Or a North. 

Post # 417
1131 posts
Bumble bee

@Miss Grey:  Yep, that was me, and I got flamed by about 50% of the people for caring and the other 50% could totally relate to my panic.

You just don’t want to hear “oh, did you choose that name because X chose it?” Plus, if it’s a beautiful name like Alexandra (as opposed to North), there’s a good chance it might spike in popularity after the birth.

So I totally feel for you!! 

Post # 418
664 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@moniquaa:  That’s how mine is too. I’ll be totally fine walking through the mall or something any then all of a sudden I’ll get a shooting pain when I take a step that makes me stop in my tracks. 

@Miss Grey:  Alexandra’s a very pretty name. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that they have a boy/pick something different.

Forgot to mention yesterday, but Meatball is officially viable! Woot! Also, Darling Husband and I went to the Canada Day fireworks on Monday night, and I’m pretty sure LO could hear the really loud ones because he/she was jumping like crazy. Darling Husband finally felt LO move this weekend, which was also exciting. I was afraid that with the anterior placenta he’d never feel it. I guess I worry too much. 🙂

Update on weird boob leakage(for those interested/also leaking) : I decided not to spend money on nursing pads and just cut squares of an old flannel pillow case and put a little bit in each bra cup. It worked fine. I stopped leaking in the afternoon yeasterday, but it started again this morning, so I’m waiting to see if it’s a time-based thing. 

The topic ‘October 2013 Babies – Part 5’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors