Post # 17
With 24 days to go heres my list:
Figure out transportation
meet with dj to finalize ( hopefully this thursday)
meet with reception site to finalize ( this sat hopefully)
go to final dress fitting sept 18
plan for rehersal dinner
completly clean our house from top to bottom for famliy!
Luckily my FH and i have been working on our to do list so were almost done! yay!
Post # 18
I’m freaking out at this point. It’s been so hard to focus on my job, because there’s still things up in the air right now. I like having a plan, getting everything done, and not leaving things until the ‘last minute’.
Left to do:
– Confirm with venue about rehearsal place/time (if they even let us rehearse there)
– Get ribbon and pin to baker to put on cake (my mom is doing this, thankfully)
– Pack items ahead of time for the honeymoon so my dad can pick them up for us (our wedding is out of town and we don’t want to take 2 vehicles if we can help it)
– Confirm menu and time for rehearsal dinner
– Remind Future Mother-In-Law about photographer payment
– Assemble favors
– Dress fitting on 9/16
– Buy gift for mom and dad
– Finalize ceremony and send it back to officiant
– Get final headcount (I’m STILL waiting on people to RSVP and the deadline was a week ago)
– Get items for the wedding together
– Make and write out seating chart
– Get possible honeymoon outfit (Have to order online since I’m plus size *sigh*)
Post # 19
That’s freakn awesome. You’d NEVER find anything for those prices here in Aus 🙁
I constantly write lists but then I have things over lap and things on one and not the other. Hahahahaa I’m getting there though. Got our combined Hens & Bucks this Sat 🙂 Woohoo!!!!!
Ahhhhhh i hate late RSVP’S…. My cut of was AUD 11TH… I’m still waiting!!!!!
I’m with you on the house cleaning!!! and gift wrapping. My mum gets here from the USA on Wed…! Yayyyyy 🙂
I hear you regarding the RSVP’S my cut off was a month ago!!! I still need to do seating arrangements and assemble my bombonnieres 🙂 I just finished ordereding my collars for my little dogs 🙂 I love them and wish they could be at the ceremony.
Post # 20
I too am a list kinda girl.. But I can’t tell if it’s helpinG oroverwhelming me. 🙂 here’s what’s left: (omg 29 days!!!!!!)
Last meeting with priest to finalize readings.
Finish writing vows.
Hair and makeup trial.
Ring bearer and parent gifts.
Wrap all other bridal party gifts.
Assemble Out of Town bags.
Print all DIY paper – table numbers, seating cards, ceremony programs, menus, Out of Town info graphic, packing and transport checklist.
Email shot list to photographer.
Final coord meeting with ceremony venue.
Ribbons to baker and florist.
Finish paying off all vendors.
Set aside tip money in envelopes. (unsealed!)
Create day-of itinerary / contact sheet for bridal party/vendors/family
Clean engagement ring.
Final Nail and waxing appts.
I thiiiiink that’s it!
Post # 21
I’m happy to say that my list is getting smaller and smaller! Here’s what I have left to do:
– Find/buy thank you charms for favor boxes
– Make playlist for end of reception (DW)
– Make wine selection for dinner
– Find hair pin for morning ceremony (in Aruba you must first get legally married at city hall in the morning ans then beach wedding at sunset)
– Find/buy present for father of groom
– Have FI’s suit hemmed
i think that’s it!
Post # 22
It’s a Tissue pack Cover, it comes with the tulle to hold it, I made the thank you tags with our names and wedding date. I love how it turns out. I was amazed with the price too. I was lucky 😉
Post # 23
- Wedding: October 2013 - Tybee Island, GA
7 WEEKS JUST TURNED INTO 5!!!! 😉
Post # 25
Just reading this thread is stressing me out :S
Post # 26
@MissTrin: Things we forgot:
A place for our photographers to hang out while people were eating. Should have had a small table for them to sit at, at least.
A manageable way to get leftovers home. (That ended up working out as the food went to feed the homeless the following day, courtesy of the venue). My mom did remember her cake carrier so we got the cake home.
Forgot to give the photographer the check when she arrived at my parents’ house. Good thing I had my checkbook at the venue!
The caterer forgot to pick up the plates we rented. They made it right and got them in time, and I didn’t even find out until Darling Husband told me during dinner.
Post # 27
I forgot to tell them to sit & eat & take home their bonboniere. I hope they did!!!! Now that I’m all done! I forgot to save any remaining cake! I forgot to get night photos :-/ and a photo in front of the venue. A few things were not as I had wanted thanks to the venue but on the day there is NOTHING you can do about it! Just got to enjot the night with everyone.
TO ALL upcoming brides… roll with it!!!!! That’s all you can do on the day itself, no matter what is not right! x