(Closed) October 2013 brides! how does it feel knowing your wedding is only a year away?

posted 5 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
497 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Stressed and giddy at te same time. We sign our contract with the reception site on Monday and I am working with the photog right now to set up e-pics soon! I have not done anything else. I just recently started (yes started) moving in with FI and I have been busy trying to get that in order. Maybe by the one year mark I will get my butt moving on more things.

Post # 4
778 posts
Busy bee

I’m excited, but overwhelmed at the same time.  I’m really excited to be marrying the love of my life, but the planning is making me crazy.

Post # 5
4607 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Overwhelmed! I haven’t done much of anything! 

Post # 7
387 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@FutureMrs.Spencer:  So far, we have booked the reception venue and that’s about as far as it’s gone! I have met with a month of coordinator I would like to hire. I have a few ceremony locations in mind, but nothing finalized on that front yet. I hope to do that by the end of the month. Then, I think I will feel a little more compelled to get the rest of this stuff going…

It’s just hard to focus on the wedding with all of the life stuff I have going on, I really need to get on it!

Post # 8
2746 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

Excited!

Post # 9
1586 posts
Bumble bee

Mine is a year from Saturday! I have been with my FI for 7 years and we have been friends for almost 10, yet I still don’t feel ready to be someone’s wife. It’s such a big commitment.

I’m excited that it is him. I know in a year I will be ready.

Post # 10
38 posts
Newbee

We have changed our date three times before settling (and locking it in with a contract) for October 11th, 2013! I am so excited, and hope this year flies by! 

Starting to work on all the vendors and securing them so I can spend this next year working on all the details!

Very excited for all my sister brides for October 2013! 🙂

Post # 11
2144 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

It’s so crazy that in about a year we’ll be married to each other!!

We’ve got a game plan of pretty much all the major stuff, but haven’t picked a lot of specifics. We have one ceremony location in mind that we’re pretty likely to use, we know we want a resteraunt dinner reception but haven’t picked the resteraunt, we have our bridal party in mind but haven’t asked them, I have my dress.

FI keeps saying it’s sooooo far away and we don’t need to do anything, but I want to do stuff! There’s not even that much to do, because we’re having a pretty simple wedding, but I could totally be working on it more than I am.

Post # 12
43 posts
Newbee

It’s so exciting! 365 days and 3ish more hours to go! And as I said to FI today “Sh*t’s about to get real!”.

Post # 13
97 posts
Worker bee

Honestly it feels great! I am so not nervous at all and thinking about walking down the aisle to marry my fiance just makes me want it to happen right NOW! I am so ready to be his wife 🙂 We have our reception venue booked, photographer booked and ordered our wedding rings. We are focusing now on entertainment for the evening and transport. Oh the excitement!!!

Post # 14
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I’m super ecstatic!

i have a lot of the BIG vendors out of the way. 

Next week I’m meeting with florist, lighting, linen, stationary and caterer to hammer down some of those details. 

I’m worried ill get everything done so quickly ill get bored and start Changing things around

Post # 15
14 posts
Newbee

One Year from tomorrow! So excited to start a countdown. It will go faster then what we think. Happy Planning everyone 🙂

Post # 16
663 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2017 - Vegas Wedings

Yup, stressed and giddy. I had no clue we should have begun planning earlier. We havent chosen a venue but have narrowed it down to 2. One of them books up fast so we would have to take the Sunday after our ideal day and the other venue is still open. But Im LOVING all this planning and imagining. Once we have the venue and photographer I think most of the stress will go away for a few months.

The topic ‘October 2013 brides! how does it feel knowing your wedding is only a year away?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors