(Closed) October 2013 Brides – What do you Have Done so Far?

posted 6 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
652 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Like you, I’ve been dating my SO for quite some time (over 7 years). We got engaged in March of 2011 and originally planned for an October 2012 wedding. However, moving cross-country and him starting grad school again definitely put a wrench in those plans. Now we’re planning for October 2013. 

With all that said, I’m sort of ahead on some things (dress is in!), but behind on a few others. For example, we just put down a deposit on the reception space but still don’t have any idea where the ceremony will be yet. 

Honestly though, considering how both SO and I hate planning things, we’re extremely proud of ourselves for being this far along 🙂

Post # 5
4014 posts
Honey bee

We booked our venue back in March and I am sending our the deposit check to our photographer that I met last week and LOVE! I hired our DOC earlier this year as well and I have a dress that may not fit anymore (lost weight) so I might be searching for a dress this coming winter lol. I also have a veil and shoes!

Oh, and my best friends mother owns her own bakery business and will be doing my cakes for me!!

Post # 6
946 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

So far…

-venue

-photographer 

-videographer

-dress

-band

-caterer

Post # 7
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

We’ve decided on where we want to have it, a vagues idea of the table decor, and I’ve started buying a few pieces of glasswear for that, and I’ve got my dress and shoes. I think that’s it.

Post # 8
387 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Yay, I finally can say we’ve done something!

I sent in the deposit and signed the contract for our reception venue just yesterday. I’ve started on my “will you be my bridesmaid?” cards (starting to think this will be the extent of my DIY efforts, lol), I think I’ve figured out my color palette and tried on a couple of dresses but haven’t found the one yet.

Everyone is so on top of things, I’m feeling a little behind. If all else fails, at least I know we have somewhere to party!

Post # 9
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Ahh I’m so behind. We have chosen our venue but haven’t booked it yet. We should be booking it next month I think. I’ve chosen the Save the dates, the dress, the invites, but the only thing that has actually been purchased is the dress, so I guess I’m super behind lol. For some reason I had it in my head that I’d start booking everything by the end of October so that I’d have an even year to work with

Post # 10
19 posts
Newbee

Uh, so I definetly thought I was ahead of the game but now ya’ll are making me think I’m behind!  We booked the reception venue and have the guest list finalized.  I have a dress apointment in early november, but I do oddly have the shoes I want to wear.  We haven’t contacted a photographer yet and only have intial tastings with caterers also in November.  Time to get cracking!

Post # 11
1585 posts
Bumble bee

I feel so ahead of schedule. Come next year I’ll be twiddling my thumbs.

Done, booked and downpayment paid:

Venue (includes ceremony, reception, food, linens, chairs, day of coordinator, booze, etc)
Officant
Photographer
Dress

Found, pending contracts when we get closer to a reasonable date:

DJ
Flowers
Hair/Makeup
Decorations

In the works:

Cake (pending tasting)

Haven’t even looked at:

Invitations, paper stuff. 

Post # 13
81 posts
Worker bee

Let’s see… We have our ceremony site reserved. It’s our church so that’s all it takes really. We have our officant (our pastor).

I have my dress and veil. On the lookout for shoes for my tiny feet.

We also bought our invitations that we are planning to print ourselves.

We looked at a reception venue that we both LOVE last week. It fits our HUGE guest list and tiny budget perfectly. Trying to talk the fiance into making the plunge to BOOK IT!

We have ideas for our centerpieces and our dessert reception but nothing set in stone yet.

We have our photographer and will be getting our engagement pictures done this year once the leaves start changing colors. They will be on our invitations, save the date cards, as well as will be our cake topper so I NEED to get these done and printed soon!

Still trying to decide if we want to do favors.

I think that’s about it… 🙂

Post # 14
183 posts
Blushing bee

Venue, caterer, officiant, dress, photobooth, invites, save the dates, photographer deposit, lots of DIYs! I’ve collected a bunch of stuff for the decor that im doing myself and I’m ordering my flowers from Sam’s club so I’ve got that under control! I’ve also gotten groupons and deals and such which is why I have all that done! I just couldn’t pass up any deals and besides, now it’s done and I can focus on my last year of grad school!

Post # 15
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

We have our date and venue booked.

I know what we are doing for STD’s and invites, but haven’t ordered them yet. Two of my four bridesmaids already have their dresses (bought at the Dessy Group sample sale in NYC), and I’ve been dress shopping. I’m not going to make a final decision on the dress until December.

My wedding planner is booked. We haven’t put our DJ deposit down yet, but we will within in the month. Ditto for photographer. 

I’ve been buying random things on super-sale, like personalized bar napkins and personalized welcome tote bags. Oh, and I ordered our cake topper from Etsy. 

I think if I just do a little at a time, I won’t be so stressed out closer to the wedding.

(At least, I am laboring under this delusion currently!)

Post # 16
651 posts
Busy bee

I waited 6 years to be engaged, so I went full steam ahead once I was allowed to. Here’s what I have done:

– venue (ceremony and reception plus officiant)

– food

-booze

– dress x 2

– tux

– bridesmaid dresses

– Photog

– rings

– supplies for bridesmaid jewelry

– shoes

– Netting for veil

– ceremony performers (singers and band)

Well, I guess that’s a lot. oops. 

The topic ‘October 2013 Brides – What do you Have Done so Far?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors