(Closed) October 2013 Brides – What do you Have Done so Far?

posted 7 years ago in October 2013
Post # 17
584 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@MrsFutureG:  Im in the same boat!!!!

Post # 18
584 posts
Busy bee

made my” will you be my bridesmaid?”, I have the STD’s.. The Invites are printed and cut… Im working on the monogram on the Vellum paper.

Done, booked and downpayment paid:Venue (includes ceremony, reception) Officant, Photographer, DJ, Dress (its In), shoes, got some of the decore for the churchy ( but have the total vision)

need to be completed:

the Vellum with the monogram, ribbon and charm on the invites(wont do them till closer)

Programs- Groom needs to pick his guys

Asile runner, but I have the full templete ready

I will be buying my FLowers in bluk and having a friend help me make them

Post # 19
914 posts
Busy bee

Oh my gosh, I am so behind it seems.

We think we decided on a venue, awaiting proposal but have the deposit ready to go. This includes food and drink.

I am in talks with a photographer (did my brother’s wedding and I love her work!) and have that deposit ready to go.

I ordered some invitation samples which should arrive in a few weeks.

Wedding dress shopping will be in December as I want my best friend to be here and she lives out of the country!

That’s pretty much it. Dang.

Post # 20
43 posts
Newbee

Venue is all booked! It’s for both the ceremony and reception, and includes all catering, decor, and DJ.

My mom has phoned up officiants, and we’re waiting to hear back.

I’ve ordered cupcakes from the baker I really like for my birthday. If they taste good, we’ll order our cake from her.

I’ve got a stack of websites/pamphlets to go through for photography, flowers, invitations, etc., but that will all get done once I’m back from being abroad. Just having the venue is a huge relief.

Post # 21
2780 posts
Sugar bee

@thatredheadedbride:  We have our church and reception hall booked, I have my dress ordered, and we have a rough guest list.

Post # 23
112 posts
Blushing bee

Wow…I feel REALLY behind the curve now.  I’ve been engaged since last Christmas, but we really haven’t done anything.  I think we have picked our venue, and I’m probably going to sign the contract this weekend (although I am still nervous about the Oct date since we are doing an outdoor tented wedding).  I have some photog meetings set up this weekend but that’s it! 

But….I also live a couple hour flight away from our venue city (where my fiance usually lives  but we have zero family there).  I just finished law school, sat for the bar, moved to a new city, started a new job, and my fiance deployed to the middle east.  So you could say we have been busy with other things. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I am just trusting it will all fall into place.  I just don’t want prime vendors to get snatched up!  

Post # 24
524 posts
Busy bee

Done:

venue

decor/rentals/florals

photographer

dress and accessories

bridesmaid dresses

Started on/ picked out:

food and cake/dessert

DIY projects 6/30

DJ

Bartender

invites/std/wedsite

Havent started:

officient/writing ceremony

other paper items

hotels

rings

grooms stuff (hes being stubborn about everything)

transportation

Post # 25
43 posts
Newbee

@thatredheadedbride:  Thanks so much! Thankfully, both venues we really considered had the 12th open, as did like 4-5 other places we contacted for pricing. It’s nice when things fall into place! We also have the officiant booked now too. I’m so excited to get into the fun stuff, like dresses!!!

@NavyBride2013:  Don’t stress out too much. One of my friends was engaged for 3 years, and planned her entire wedding in 6 months. Fingers crossed you get the venue and vendors you have your eye on!

Post # 26
716 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Yeesh, I feel like I’m behind!

Done:

Ceremony Venue

Reception Venue (includes catering and cake, tables, chairs, linen, place settings, etc. etc.)

Officiant

Wedding Planner

Asked all of the attendants

In process:

Photographer

Guest List

Website

Picked out/ideas:

Bridesmaids Dresses

I will be trying on dresses this month and hopefully buying one by the end of December. Photog will be finalized in the next couple of weeks so we can do engagement photos for the save the dates. I think the next on the agenda after that are:

Band

Florist

Invites (Staioner and choosing a caligrapher)

Room Blocks

Post # 27
172 posts
Blushing bee

Wow I feel so behind!!!!!!!! 

We’ve booked and paid for the ceremony/reception hall. I’ve asked two of my girls but I’m waiting for Fiance to decide how many men he wants beside him before I ask anybody else. I’ve picked my colours (red, black and white). I’ve tried on maybe 5 dresses, but none of them got me excited. I have my photographer and dj picked out, but nothing is finalized in contracts or any of the details set out (photog is my uncle, and dj is MOH’s hubby, so he is gifting it to us!)

We’re working on the officiant, decor, songs (we still haven’t picked anything) and hopefully I’ll have time before Christmas to find a dress. I work full-time and have an 18-month-old, and Fiance works out of town and is back for 5 days every 2 weeks, so it’ll be hard to find time. This year will go by SO fast!

Post # 28
234 posts
Helper bee

I’m super behind compared to everyone! We are still narrowing down the date, although I think it’s going to be the 10th, during the week.

I have my officiant! Yay, one thing done, lol.

We are having a super small wedding (like under 20 people), I’m scoping out venues but I can’t really do a whole lot just yet, I’m waiting for my mom to get back in town to help me ๐Ÿ™‚

I have to put in the paperwork for his visa because he lives in another country, so that’s a huge thing. I’m working on that this week. It takes 8-10 months.

I’ve got my dress selections narrowed down but I haven’t gone to try them on yet.

I’ve picked out my cake and flowers but not ordered.

I’m going to make my own invitations.

It’s a process ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 29
307 posts
Helper bee

I have a lot of stuff decided, it’s just a matter of now getting the deposit in!

We picked our reception venue and are actually going to put the deposit down today, yay! We have picked our centerpieces, table numbers, and place cards as well, and are buying things slowly along the way! I also have my dress picked out, and the deposit in for that. Our ceremony site is a family friends house, so I just need to finalize the rentals. Our colors are purple & blue, with inspiriation from peacock feathers. These are the only things set in stone, I have a lot decided otherwise though, such as:

Officiant- old youth pastor, still have to ask her

Ceremony Musicians- a friend from highschool

My bridal party- This was actually the first thing I did, I knew who I wanted right away, until one of my friends decided we shouldn’t be friends anymore, so still trying to work out that missing spot.

Photographer- found the one I’m pretty positive I want, have yet to meet and put the deposit down.

Florist- Like 90% positive we’ll be going with Hyvee florals, still need to meet and get quote.

Invites & STD- Picked out but not started

Hotel rooms- our reception venue is attached to a hotel, so I just need to get those figured out!

I have so much decided, but just need to come up with the money! If only I had a fairy god mother :)!

Post # 30
81 posts
Worker bee

Have any of your guys not decided who their groomsmen will be? My fiance is DRAGGING his feet about this one. It’s driving me mad because I have a new good friend that I would love to ask to be my bridesmaid but I’m already at four and don’t want to add another unless he is asking five like me. Ugh! I know his friends and who he would pick he just wont ask them yet… silly man. Any suggestions on how to get him motivated to pick them?

Post # 31
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

We took care of that pretty quickly, as we had already discussed it before we got engaged. But I will say that Fiance had no idea why we needed to ask them “so early” until I explained it.

Maybe he doesn’t know how to ask? Most men aren’t very emotional with their friends…maybe he doesn’t know how to say it? 

My Fiance got (unexpectedly) emotional when asking one of his lifelong friends. I thought it was cute, but he was embarrased. 

The topic ‘October 2013 Brides – What do you Have Done so Far?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors