(Closed) October 2013 Brides – What do you Have Done so Far?

posted 8 years ago in October 2013
Post # 32
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Secured our venue for ceremony and reception

Interviewed the DJ and plan to meet him again next week to sign contract

Meeting with photographer this week for interview

Bought 2 wedding gowns (one was an incredible deal and a perfect “back up” dress) now I am starting to accessorize.

Asked all my maids and Maid/Matron of Honor (who all accepted, horray!)

Created guest list

Have a theme and color scheme planned

Have started making my invitations

Scheduled engagement photograpy session

Am considering music and creating playlists

Yay! I feel like that is a good start! But wow, sooooo much more to go

Post # 33
4 posts
Wannabee

We got engaged in July so far we have booked the ceremony/reception space, photographer, and I said yes to the dress! That is it!

I am going to start working on catering next, as well as getting engagement photos done and starting to plan the save the date. I love all the details of it, but I am sure I will feel overwhelmed closer to the date!

Post # 34
2742 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

Dress

Venue – will be sealed in 2 weeks with the caterer and rehersal dinner

Rings – Picked not ordered

Photographer – Picked and knows he will be booked

Bridesmaids – accepteed

Bridesmaids dresses – picked will be purchased in January

Cake Vendor- Chosen hopefully they will drive to the new location

Post # 35
119 posts
Blushing bee

Hello all, my wedding is 26.10.13 and i think im pretty much done lol

booked/deposits paid

• church
  • reception
  • chair covers
  • reception decorator
  • dress
  • dj
  • cake
  • limo
  • vintage car
  • table cloths
  • photographer

i have also already bought the 6 bridesmaid bouquets and mine, these are artificial from ebay at a bargain price and are gorgeous.

So now all i have to do is work hard the next 12 months to pay the rest off but apart from that think im done lol, apart from the groomsmen suits and the bridesmaids outfits which we are going shopping for in june and july, ohh and my mum has made all 100 of my invites ๐Ÿ™‚ xxx

Post # 36
28 posts
Newbee

I jumped right in when we got engaged in March 2012. I wanted to take my time, but I guess I was so excited. ๐Ÿ™‚ Plus we’re paying for our own wedding, so I wanted to get a head start on deals and DIY projects.

Completed:

*Reception site reserved
*Dress
*My shoes
*Bought/made my jewelry
*All bridesmaid dresses picked (still need altered for some)
*Cake topper
*Cardigan for me
*Some flowers (we’re doing artificial/dried)
*Locket to hold his wedding ring DIY
*Ceremony site found (not booked yet)
*Rough draft guest list
*Cake (relative baking it)
*Hair/makeup (bridesmaid is a beautician)
*Photographer (friend with skills)
*Officient (friend/associate pastor)
*Pre-marital counseling – 3 of 12 sessions down!
*Chairs for ceremony priced

Ideas formulated already for centerpieces, sweetheart table, first dance, processional song, etc.

I’d rather be ahead than stressed in the end. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 37
43 posts
Newbee

So it’s 6 weeks since I last posted in here, and there’s so much more done! In addition to the Venue (Ceremony and Reception being held there; includes all food/drink, DJ, decor), the following is complete:

We have an officiant! She is just about the nicest lady I’ve ever met. I’m so excited for her to be marrying us.

I said Yes to the Dress! Shoes and jewellery have also been acquired. Veil arrives in December, and is my something borrowed from my SIL. Just need a fascinator for the reception.

Photography is done! I pay the deposit tomorrow.

I’ve been in contact with a florist, and have been playing phone tag for the last few days.

We’ve been in contact with a baker, and will be ordering in the new year.

Save the Dates have gone out.

Invitation paper is in the process of being ordered.

Lots of progress in the last 6 weeks! So far so good!

Post # 38
1311 posts
Bumble bee

So far we have doen the following:

– Booked venue and paid deposit

– Foound caterer and paid deposit

– This week we are meeting with a Pastor to see if we like him and then book him

– Tonight we are meeting with a DJ, to see if we like him then book him if we do

– Gone once to look at dresses

– Picking up supplies this week to make candles for favors

All else is invisioned and pretty much planned in my head LOL

Post # 39
132 posts
Blushing bee

Wow! I am so far behind some of you ladies, and I thought we were doing well!

We have booked and paid deposits on ceremony, reception, and catering (includes our cake). We also picked out and paid deposit for our photographer this past weekend. Our save the dates are done (but not yet mailed), we’ve reached out to an officiant, and have started to purchase some reception decorations. 

We are having our engagement party this weekend, and will ask the rest of our brial party to be in the wedding then. 

i know the bridesmaid dress color and flowers, they just haven’t been purchased yet (DIY bulk flowers, bridesmaid is talented). Also, another bridesmaid is a graphic designer and designing our invitations, programs, etc…. So that’s all but paid for :).  

Thankful for my talented friends!

Post # 40
281 posts
Helper bee

Here is what we have done so far, engaged since December 2011

-Booked Ceremony/Reception venue (which includes almost everything – catering, tables/chairs, linens, hosted bar, coordinator, DJ, etc. and using their preferred cake baker and florist)

-Made selections with and have an estimate from florist

-Booked photographer

-Dress ordered in May and has arrived ๐Ÿ™‚ Veil and shoes purchased as well.

-Guest list (almost finalized) and just received STD’s

-Honeymoon resort booked

-Wedding bands purchased

-Officiant selected and has accepted our request

-My attendants have been selected and informed (fiance taking a while with his decisions)

-Attendants informed as to what color/style dress to purchase

-Wedding Website and honeymoom registry set up

Currently working on:

-Collecting addresses for STD’s

-Booking hair and makeup (this has proven very difficult-some I have contacted are already booked 11 months out, others have outrageous minimums that cannot be met by 8:30am for a 10am ceremony)

-Planning ceremony music selections, readings, etc.

Still need to(at a later date):

-get my passport

-make reception menu selections

-order invitations

-book honeymoon flights

-decide on and book formalwear for guys

-have cake tasting

-order ceremony/reception accessories and decor

-order favors and bridal party gifts

-work on song list for reception

-dress alterations

-arrange transportation

-obtain marriage license 

-work out day of schedule

-write vows and reception toasts

I may have forgotten a few minor things but this is most of it! Very excited! Less than 11 months now ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 41
41 posts
Newbee

As one of the last of friends getting married I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted and didn’t wanthave we have completed….

– dress, shoes and veil

– booked church and reception location

-photographer

– book caterer and made an outline for menu

– Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses have been picked, we can’t order til Spring bc I may have a pregnant Bridesmaid (or 3)

– started our registry 

Post # 42
53 posts
Worker bee

We’ve booked a venue and Church.

Photographer and Videographer.

Organised our bridal party.

Ordered my bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets and bouttonaries for the groom and groomsmen.

Ordered our cake toppers.

Ordered our favours.

Now I should really start looking for a dress!

Post # 43
147 posts
Blushing bee

My Fiance and I just got engaged October 27th of this year, so we’re still a little new to this. It’s all so overwhelming, even though this is what we’ve wanted for a long time.

So far, we’ve got his aunt doing photography and video.

Looking at dresses

Venue for ceremony and reception picked out, not booked yet (at a church, having trouble getting ahold of the priest.)

We’re not doing catering, just sandwich-ey stuff, so food is covered.

Two of my three bridesmaids are picked (I had one drop out due to distance and a soon to be new born child.)

Write a guest list.

That’s about it so far… I’m thinking about looking into invitations next, get those made by hand…

Post # 44
55 posts
Worker bee

I have my reception, ceremony venues.

Asked bridal party

In process of ordering my dress

Looking at std’s and invites

I feel behind!!

Post # 45
1893 posts
Buzzing bee

Ahh!! I just got engaged on Christmas and I’m looking at what all you bees have done 3 months ago! Am I crazy for thinking we can pull this off by 10/12/13?

Post # 46
132 posts
Blushing bee

Any updates on this thread? I feel like I have done a lot, but in the same breathe I feel like I have a ton left to do! Anyone else feel that way? 

we have: venue, catering, cake, my ring, photographer, dj, makeup/hair, save the dates, favors, have reached out to a officiant, and my best friend (a graphic designer) is currently working on our custom invitations!

We got a great deal by booking an unfinished venue- which is great bc were getting a wedding we otherwise couldnt afford. With that said, since it won’t be completed until early March, we can’t start planning decorations, flowers, etc until then. I plan to DIY all the decorations ad flowers, so waiting until 6-7 months out to start planning is starting to make me anxious! 

agave any of you progressed much since your last post? What are you focusing on now? 

The topic ‘October 2013 Brides – What do you Have Done so Far?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors