- 7 years ago
- Wedding: October 2013
Also have sent out STD’s
Also have sent out STD’s
I just got engaged less than a week ago and my Fiance and I are planning a Oct 12, 2013 date.
… seeing this list has stressed me out! We have obviously done nothing but we plan to meet with our vendor next week. How far in advance have you send out your STD?
@bkrocks13: don’t worry you will work it all out – once you find a venue it comes together. StDs usually go out 6 – 9 m in advance so its time to start getting them out but not too late by any means
I just knocked off another item and a half! We have the ceremony/cocktail hr musicans (well they are picked and emailing a contract tomorrow so close!) and we also made a big decision on our centerpieces – we will have half candelabras and then half low arrangements in footed bowls surrounged w votives.
We are going for our tasting and to visit some rehersal dinner options in 2 weeks w our parents (and showing the ILs the venue for the first time) Hopefully we will meet with some florists as well…..
October 12 here! Here’s what I have done:
Ordered materials for all DIY projects
Met with our venue about setups/table settings/ etc.
Create a guest list, sent out save the dates
Bought our wedding bands
Booked our photographer
Bought gown, shoes, jewelry
Booked the DJ
Did our wedding registries
Selected bridesmaid dresses
Booked a caterer, selected menu, scheduled tastings
Started honeymoon research
Did lots of DIY projects: decor, card box, signs, etc.
Selected ceremony music, started writing reception playlist
Research marriage license requirements
@kittylove13: YAY a date twin and it looks like you’re near me too!! Congrats!
But to share with everyone, some of you make me feel SO behind so I’ll be playing catch up this weekend LOL
-Venue (includes catering, beverage, rentals, hotel room)
-Engagement photos scheduled and making STD shortly after (Early April)
-Dress orderd and 60% paid off
-Making my brooch bouquet
-ALMOST booked the DJ
I am in the middle of one of those weekends when I’m (oddly) super productive!
I booked our florist (thank god, finally) and makeup artist. Finished a rough 1st draft of the ceremony program, bought and painted the picture frames for our table numbers, and purchased 144 mercury glass votives (cheaper then renting them and I can resell them after the wedding).
Still have about one hundred things left to do, but I am so happy I’ve started some projects already!
My Fiance and I are getting married on the 12th October, we got engaged December 2012.
So far we have:
– Booked ceremony location
– Booked reception location
– Sent out STD cards
– Booked celebrant
– Booked flowers
– Chosen decorations and booked
– Booked photographer and engagement shoot
– Booked videographer
– Bought my wedding dress
– Bought the flower girl dresses
– Bought my veil, shoes, jewellery and tiara
– Ordered bridesmaid dresses & bought their jewellery
– Bought groomsmen and grooms ties
– Ordered all the boys suits
– Booked and paid for honeymoon
– Booked night before and night after the wedding accom
– Booked hair and makeup for myself and bridesmaids
– Booked DJ and chosen songs
I was full steam ahead for the first 2 months and now I have nothing to do but I’m feeling like I should be doing something.. What have I missed??
I feel so behind! I have:
Bought my dress (sample; needs alterations)
Booked the ceremony/reception venue (officiant/caterer included)
Booked our honeymoon (TODAY!!!! So excitedd)
Arranged to meet one photographer
Arranged to meet the string quartet
Looked at invitations
Sort-of finalized the guest list
Unofficially chosen a vintage rental company
Bought a few decorations here and there
Oy, so much more to do! Thank goodness for lists
– Ceremony and reception space booked and deposit put down
– Honeymoon booked and being paid for
– Dress is in, it fits, and will be getting alterations later this summer
– Save the dates addressed and being sent out tomorrow
– Bridesmaid dresses picked out, ordering them in April
– Rented chairs for ceremony space
– Rented chair covers and bows for reception space
– Registries started
– Wedsite finished, just needs updating about accomodations and registries
– Officiant booked
– Photographer booked
– DJ booked
– Find salon/person to do hair-dos for myself and my bridal party (my mom is going to ask her hairdresser the next time she sees him)
– Find bakery to make a wedding cake
– Meet with florist (made an appointment for the end of the month)
– Work on centerpieces and table numbers
– Order guestbook from Etsy
– Find shoes to go with my dress (I have wide feet and I haven’t found anything I like or I can walk in)
– Find and order wedding invitations
– Select and order favors for guests
– Finalize menu and number closer to the date of the wedding
– Find and book a rehearsal dinner venue (FMIL is notoriously a last-minute person, grrr…)
– Book hotel room for night before, night of, and night after wedding
having a little bit of stress about hair and makeup – I am getting married about 3 hrs from home and I know I need a trial but I feel like its early to do it now plus its expensive and I am afraid that it won’t be good and I will need to do another! ughhh anyone else stressed about picking vendors far from home?
I love this thread! It’s like a checklist for myself and to know if I’m falling behind in comparison to others!! 🙂
BM’s pick their own dresses 🙂
STD’s and Invitations picked out
Caterer – menu picked out just need to know what they are providing dinnerware wise.
DJ – have some bids out
Make-up & hair – have some emails out
Photobooth – have some emails out
Florist – meeting them Saturday
Wedding Website – update
Rentals : chairs, tables (go with venue or pick another vendor?)
Need to do:
Cake – call for appointment
Tuxes – grooms and groomsmen
Send out STD’s
Order paper lanterns
Had a pretty productive week!
– ordered my dress
– Started working on designing invite suite with Etsy seller
– secured rehearsal space for the night before
– made an appt for Fiance to look at tuxes
– put a depost on our DIY videography (anyone else using Story Mix Media/WeddingMix?
– made signs for bathroom baskets, escort card table and favor table
We have family in town this weekend, so might not get anything else done til next week!
How is everyone else doing? Anyone else starting on their invites? I feel like I’m early, but I’d rather be early than late!
Venue, Photographer, Dress, Catere, DJ, Photobooth, Hotels, Save the Dates, some Bridesmaid gifts, parent gifts, photo booth props, cakes
And my collection of wine bottles grows every day for my favors
Going on my florist appointment on the 7th!
Our wedding is October 5th, 2013.
Venue – my Aunt’s backyard, both ceremony & reception
Officiate – sent in deposit (which is half of total cost)
Photographer – my brother
Dress – including veil & headpiece, undergarments
Save the Dates – sending out this week, still have to order the invitations from the same place I bought the Save the Dates
Cake – my future sister-in-law is making it
Wedding Website is finished
Hotel rooms blocked
Registry is completed – with minor changes here & there
Mother of the Bride Dress – my mom looks AMAZING in her dress
Bridesmaid Dresses – appointment is on April 15th
Flowers – having trouble deciding what to do, maybe DIYing?
Decorations – DIYing & collecting those up until the wedding
Alcohol – we’re buying that slowly until the wedding so it’s not one huge expense
Music – building playlists on my iPod – thinking about renting equipment to play it
Wedding band for him – picked out, need to order it
Hair – doing sample hairstyles the beginning of June & August
Determine food that is going to be made – it’s a small wedding, so we’re making food
Father of the Bride outfit
Bridal party gifts
Shoes – no idea what I’m wearing yet. The shoes I DO want are $200…hahaha, no.
The topic ‘October 2013 Brides – What do you Have Done so Far?’ is closed to new replies.