(Closed) October 2013 brides, where are you at with planning?

posted 6 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Hi! So far we’ve found our venue, & company that’s doing our decor,food, & flowers. Neither of those have been “officially” booked but they are holding our date. When the director of the venue gets back from vacation we will be putting down our deposit to book it 100%! We’ve also picked our bridal party, theme/colors/centerpieces, menu, and rentals like photobooth etc. However, the rentals have not been “officially” booked either because, well, we have 17 months lol. But I do feel like I’ve got a huge head start. You have PLENTY of time to do everything.. Which is good and part of the reason I chose October 2013 ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 4
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@dcrr0528:  where is your venue in Orlando? We’re also having our wedding there this October at The Ballroom at Church Street. If you need any help with vendors just let me know!!

Post # 5
193 posts
Blushing bee

@arametta127:  I’m so jealous!! That’s where I wanted to have mine but they wouldn’t let outside caterers come in and the guy were using is giving us an awesome deal that’s too good to pass up! 

Post # 7
111 posts
Blushing bee

Ooooh not very far, but we’ve got plenty of time ๐Ÿ™‚  Let’s see- we’ve set the date, booked the church, booked the reception venue, waiting on them to send me a contract so we can put the deposit down, and we’ve asked several friends/family members to be in the wedding.  Still very, very early in the planning process!!

Post # 8
1737 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Wow, I feel behind compared to you ladies! We’ve set a date, picked our colors, and visited a couple of venues, but that’s it. Oh, and I browsed dresses in a bridal shop the other day, but didn’t try anything on. I guess I need to get moving!

Post # 9
29 posts
Newbee

So far we only have our venue (same for ceremony & reception), now we’re sorting through potential photogs.

Post # 10
60 posts
Worker bee

We still have 17 months so we are in the very beginning stages but we did reserved our veunue and the church.  I am actually meeting with the venue this evening to sign the contract!  We also have colors in mind and the desired wedding vibe but nothing else has been officially determined yet. 

Post # 11
140 posts
Blushing bee

So far we have picked and booked our venue, we knew even before we were engaged that it was the place we wanted to get married so that was easy.  I found someone on etsy that is designing our STD and Invitations, prob. going to order the STD soons so i can caligraphy the enevlopes, and in a few months we are going to meet with some photographys and dj’s

Post # 12
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

Let’s see. Well, we are planning a Philly wedding from Los Angeles, so…We have taken a trip to Philly to scout venues, and we have a first and second choice, but no deposit has been made yet.

We have our colors, wedding party, DJ and officiant (friend of my fiance) already picked.  We have a (first draft) guest list and a budget in place. Oh, and we booked our engagement photo shoot. 

I have to take a second trip back east to show my dad the potential venues, that’s at the end of June. Then we can make a deposit and move on.

So far, so good, I guess. I feel like we are right on track?

Post # 13
310 posts
Helper bee

Hey ๐Ÿ™‚ So far I have venue for ceramony and reception all set (gonna be at my church so that was easy) I have my dress picked out and ordered (I just couldnt wait lol) have my bridal party, looking at bridesmaid dresses( 99% sure I found the ones I want). got my colors all picked out Got the save the dates ordered. took engagment pics, got my garter, Going to a bridal expo on june 10th tho so that will help with everything else. I think im doing things in reverse order. I did all the fun stuff first lol

Post # 14
343 posts
Helper bee

We have the venue (ceremony and reception) booked with deposit paid, which includes decor, food and drink. Deposit is also down on entertainment, and photographer is provisionally booked but we’ll have to wait until next month to pay the deposit. I am 90% sure of my dress (need to go for second try-on before deciding), and same for the bridesmaid dresses (hopefully I will be able to confirm them when I visit 4th and final bridesmaid in her home town in July). We’ve written a first draft gustlist and run it past both sets of parents, and I’ve moved on to looking at veils/hair pieces and thinking about thematic favours/place settings.

The only big thing I’ve not sorted out yet is the celebrant, as we’re not sure what ceremony we’re going for yet. Once that’s sorted it’ll be plain sailing!

My friends have been making fun of me for being too organised (I have 2 good friends who are also organising their weddings for summer 2013 and I am WAY ahead of both of them) but I keep assuring them that it’s obsession, not organisation! I love it.

Post # 15
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

we have done nothing but pick a date, everyone keeps asking if i have done any planning. I am starting to feel behind but its 18 months away. we will almost have a two year engagment. truthfully we can’t make a desision on a venue or ceremony location.

Post # 16
166 posts
Blushing bee

@arametta127 & @dcrr0528 That’s awesome! I’m getting married in Winter Park. ๐Ÿ™‚  

We’ve already sent the deposit for the venue for the ceremony and reception, I’ve pretty much asked all of my bridesmades, he’s mentioned it to his groomsman.  We’re enjoying this “cake testing” period where we gorge on cake.  We’re seeing if one of our friends can be an officant (they have more than enough time).  We’ve done the guest list and I’ve been putting together piece by piece concepts for the wedding.

No dress yet.  I’m kind of waiting because FH and I have both been working out.  So we’re reserving that for at least 9 months before hand. 

FH & I have talked to both parents about guest lists, we’ve pretty much settled on the invitiatoins and STD, but I’m debating on whether getting letterpress or DIY. 

It also helps that one of my bridesmaids got me an exceptional wedding organizer.  I don’t feel the need for a coordinator if I have a great organization method. 

The topic ‘October 2013 brides, where are you at with planning?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors