1257 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Wedding Date: October 12, 2013

Engagement Length:  19 months

Relationship Length: 6 1/2 years by wedding date

Colors: Champagne, variations of plum, and touches of black

Theme: I don’t have a theme..we do have alot of books but I dont like themes

Wedding Party(#s): 4 Bridesmaids 2 Bridesmen and 5 Groomsmen. 2 flower girls and 1 ring bearers

Ceremony (where, time): Londowntown and Gardens, 5pm

Reception (where, time):  Londontown and Gardens, Following ceremony

Dress Style: Alabaster, pick-ups (so not me), jeweled belt

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up. Thinking of airbrush!

Honeymoon Location: Mexico

Flowers: Dehlias, Roses, Garden Roses, in plum hues and maybe a splash of orange somewhere

First Dance Song: Wild Horses-The Sundays

Centerpieces: books, mirror, tealights, tiny vase with a few flowers

Food/Menu: Not totally sure but probably, mushroom gruyere filo tarts, a bruschetta, and elegantly done mini grilled cheese and a small tomato bisque. Mixed field greens with goat cheese, heirloom tomatoes, and a vinagrette, a chicken dish to be determines with mixed veggies like squash and zuchinni, and dauphinoise potatoes

Cake Flavour: We haven’t had our cake tasting yet, but probably multiple flavors.

Favours: unsure

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ

Bachelorette (when/what): Unsure, maybe may go on a weekend trip where we can do a tour of a brewery one day, spa, anotehr and a tour of a vineyard another. That would be the week before my wedding and also my birthday weekend!

Post # 4
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Wedding Date: October 5, 2013

Engagement Length:  18 months

Relationship Length: 3 1/2 years by wedding date

Colors: Plum, Peach & Ivory

Theme: “Vintage Romantic”

Wedding Party(#s): 3 Bridesmaids 1 Bridesmen and 4 Groomsmen

Ceremony (where, time): Barn Loft – Eleva, WI 3:00pm

Reception (where, time):  Eau Claire, WI 5:00pm

Dress Style: A-Line, Lace, Sweetheart

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up.

Honeymoon Location: Not sure yet – somewhere warm!

Flowers: Hydrangeas, Roses, Lisianthus, Babys Breath, Freesia, Purple Wax

First Dance Song: The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra

Centerpieces: Mason Jars with babys breath (some sprayed purple), milk vases with lisianthus and roses, mini chalkboards, cupcake stand with cupcakes at each table

Food/Menu: Chicken Breat/Wild Rice, Pork, Baby Red Potatoes, Green Beans with Almonds, Bow Tie Pasta, Coleslaw, Olives, White/Wheat Rolls, Pickle Bar (loads of different kinds of pickles because I LOVE LOVE LOVE pickles). Coffee & Punch

Cake Flavour: Cupcakes! We have lots of different flavors each with a different design. Keylime/Keylime Mousse Filling/Buttercream Frosting, Raspberry/Blk Raspberry Filling/Butter Cream Frosting, Pumpkin/Cream Cheese Frosting, Carrot/Cream Cheese Frosting, Chocolate/Oreo Filling/Butter Cream Frosting, Lemon Poppy/Lemon Filling/Butter Cream Frosting, French Vanilla/Butter Cream Frosting, French Vanilla/Chocolate Mousse Filling/Butter Cream Frosting

Favours: Jars of Jam/Jellies

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ – Live singer at Dinner

Bachelorette (when/what): Sept. 14, the rest is unsure, Matron of Honor has the dates picked out but that’s about it!

Post # 5
140 posts
Blushing bee

Wedding Date: October 4, 2013

Engagement Length: it will be about a year and a half when we get married

Relationship Length: almost 4 years when we get married

Colors: burnt orange and eggplant purple

Theme: fall, romantic,

Wedding Party(#s): 4 bridemaids, 1 Maid/Matron of Honor, 1 bestman, 4 groomsmen, not sure on flowergirls or ring bearers let

Ceremony (where, time): Atkinson Country Club, 4:30pm

Reception (where, time):  Same place, immediately following

Dress Style: Allure ivory dress, Aline, with beading and blind on the bodest

Honeymoon Location: Unsure yet, but leaning toward either Mexico or DR

Flowers: peonies, anything fall looking

First Dance Song: wanted by hunter haynes

Centerpieces: making our own, manzanita branches with hanging candles

Food/Menu: we have our food tasting on Feb. 26th, leaning towards chicken and fish

Cake Flavour:thinking of cupcakes or mini pies

Favours: hot chocolate and apple cider in mason jars

Bachelorette (when/what): Not sure

Post # 6
14 posts
Newbee

Engagement Length: 2 years exactly

Relationship Length: We’ll say “I do” on our 5th anniversary

Colors: Tan, Black, White, Teal and pops of hot pink, lime, and turquoise (Just look at the Garden of Love stamps from 2011 and that’s our colors!)

Theme: Fun, DIY, with a little bit of modern and whimsy

Wedding Party(#s): Just the two of us (and our awesome officiant– a close friend)

Ceremony (where, time): Kiesel Park, Auburn AL 5PM

Dress Style: Soft white lace A line with a gathered natural waist and POCKETS!

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): A good friend (and pro-makeup artist) is gifting my makeup for the day. Still not sure about my hair yet.

Honeymoon Location: Disney World in Orlando– waaay too excited about this!

Flowers: The only thing I know for sure– dahlias.  Everything else is going to be decided by the best value.  Maybe a few roses to honor my grandfather (his go-to for his “gals”) and some lovely pink fluffy garden blooms for my grandmother.

First Dance Song: We’re not dancing.. but the Man wants to exit to Ride of the Valkyries

Centerpieces: I have no idea!  Still looking at PINsperation pictures.

Food/Menu: Sliders with a choice of different cheeses, BBQ sliders from my pop’s favorite restaurant, and a tater-tot bar filled with all-that-tastes-so-good-but-is-so-bad-for-you toppings. Oh, and glass bottle cokes and sprites to drink.

Cake Flavour: We’re having a handful of mini cupcakes in flavors like strawberry, orange creamsicle, butter pecan, red velvet, french toast & bacon, and cinnamon cookie.  As for the cutting cake, not sure yet– everything we’ve had from our baker is soooo goooood.. and we still haven’t had a formal tasting yet.

Favours: Glowsticks (for the exit) and a candy/sweets/treat bar. 

DJ/Band/Ipod: Most likely a half-breed of ipod and DJ.  We have access to DJ equipment, but not sure how to sort it all out yet.

Bachelorette (when/what): Probably an informal get together with my favorite ladies.. my guess, our usual crafting night but kicked up a notch.

So excited to see everyone else’s responses.  This was fun! πŸ™‚

Post # 7
310 posts
Helper bee

How fun, love seeing what my October girls are up to πŸ™‚

Wedding Date: October 25, 2013

Engagement Length: it will be 1 year and 10 months exactly when we are married

Relationship Length: we are getting married on our 4 year anniversary

Colors: Royal blue, silver and bling!

Theme: Fairytale

Wedding Party(#s): 8 bridesmaids, 1 maid of honor, 5 groomsmen, 1 best man, 3 flower girls

Ceremony (where, time): Catholic Church. Friday, 3 pm

Reception (where, time): outside, white gazebo, beautiful trees, will have lights in trees and all around the gazebo, 4:30ish (right after ceramony)  

Dress Style: White, droped waist, corseted back, sweet heart neckline, crystal embelisment

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up. Airbrush!

Honeymoon Location: I have no idea lol

Flowers: Roses

First Dance Song: I do (cherish you) by mark wills. Its our song

Centerpieces: my own take on this beauty and the beast style centerpeice (with white roses)

Food/Menu: No idea

Cake/ Flavour: we are thinking red velvet? but dont know but Fiance wants a castle so I was thinking something like this 

Favours: this cute little guy holding a small bottle of alcahol

Bachelorette (when/what): bachelorette scavenger hunt, bar/club hopping

Post # 8
3762 posts
Honey bee

Engagement Length: It will be 20 months by the time we get married.

Relationship Length: We have been together for almost 4 years!

Colors: orange, pink, lime green

Theme: No theme

Wedding Party(#s): 6 Bridesmaids and 6 Groomsmen. 2 ring bearers. High school friend is the officiant πŸ™‚

Ceremony (where, time): Linganore Winery, 5:30 PM

Dress Style: dropped waist ivory A-Line with a few pick ups and a sweatheard neckline

Honeymoon Location: Going to Disney for a mini-moon (3 nights), then planning on doing a 10-day Europe trip in the summer when we have a chance to save up!

Flowers: Orange and pink gerber daisies, dahlias and zinnias. Green spider mums

First Dance Song: Still not sure! We are torn between an awesome spanish song (his fam is Puerto rican), a country song (we love keith urban, sugarland and brad paisley), and the “Luck I’m in love with my best friend song)

Centerpieces: gloating candles with submerged branches for 1/2, gerber daisies in mason jars for 1/2

Food/Menu: Sangria cocktail hour with bacon wrapped scallops, some kind of dip, cheese/fruit plate. Dinner: buffet of carving station of ham, caribbean tilapia, twice baked potatoes, asparagus

Cake Flavour: 3 flavors: red velvet with oreo filling; pumpkin with cannoli cream filling; yellow cake with nutella filling, all with white butter cream

Favours: Berger cookies! (local favorite)

Bachelorette (when/what): Not positive but thinking of a joing bachelor/bachelorette since we have all mutual friends. May rent out some cabins and do separate things during the day, and have a big campfire party at night!

Post # 9
947 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Wedding Date: October 5th, 2013

Engagement Length: 18 months

Relationship Length: 3 years and 6 months

Colors: Metallics and neutrals

Theme: Wedding

Wedding Party(#s): 3 Bridesmaids and 3 Groomsmen

Ceremony (where, time): 5p

Reception (where, time):  Same place but inside immediately following

Dress Style: Taupe and ivory beaded sheath

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro for both with airbrush makeup

Honeymoon Location: South African safari then beach resort in Mozambique 

Flowers: I forget

First Dance Song

Centerpieces: candleabras and lots of candles

Food/Menu: steak, chicken or mahi mahi option.

Cake Flavour: Cake tasting in 2 weeks. Definitely lots of chocolate. 

Favours: chocolates and photobooth

DJ/Band/Ipod: 10 piece band (so excited)

Bachelorette (when/what): weekend with massages and a night out in late August 

Post # 10
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

I feel like I did one of these already, so forgive if it’s a duplicate from another thread!

Engagement Length: 18 months

Relationship Length: Almost 3 years

Colors: red, peach, blush, gold

Theme: no theme. Just classy and pretty and not overdone.

Wedding Party(#s): 4 girls, 4 guys, a flower girl and ring bearer

Ceremony (where, time): The Down Town Club, Philly 

Dress Style: Jenny Packham May Blossom

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up. Thinking of airbrush!

Honeymoon Location: Haven’t booked it yet, but leaning toward Sandals Antigua. Will probably mini-moon somewhere local though, and take our honeymoon in the winter

Flowers:  lots of red and peach garden roses and carnations, very lush and pretty

First Dance Song: old school Frank Sinatra, “The Best is Yet to Come”

Centerpieces:  some tall, some short, all mercury glass and candles with garden roses

Food/Menu: A ton of food. Extensive cocktail hour with action stations and sushi, then a sit down dinner with options of filet, crab cakes, chicken or vegetarian.

Cake Flavour: Red Velvet

Favours: custom chocolates

Bachelorette (when/what): We do a girls weekend away. Mine will be in August to wine country.

Post # 11
810 posts
Busy bee

Wedding Date: October 27, 2013

Engagement Length: 12 months

Relationship Length: 19 months as an official couple, very close friends for 4 years before that

Colors: plum, burgundy and champagne

Theme: Just wedding!

Wedding Party(#s): 4 bridesmaids, 3 groomspen

Ceremony (where, time): 4-H Center in Columbaina, AL. 3:00

Dress Style: Ivory sweatheart neckline, chiffon empire waist. so pretty πŸ™‚

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): undecided

Honeymoon Location: TBD. Future Father-In-Law is gifting us with the honeymoon.

Flowers: undecided

First Dance Song: Nothing Like You & I, the Perishers

Centerpieces: undecided

Food/Menu: We’re doing a tasting in the next few weeks

Cake Flavour: undecided

Favours: undecided

Bachelorette (when/what): Whatever my Maid/Matron of Honor comes up with!

I’ve got a lot of undecided answers! I better step on it! lol

Post # 12
6116 posts
Bee Keeper

Engagement Length: 15 months

Relationship Length: We will have been together for 3 years by the wedding

Colors: red, white and black

Theme: No theme

Wedding Party(#s): 3 bridesmaids (1 Maid/Matron of Honor, 2 BM); 3 groomsmen (2 best men, 1 GM); no flower girls/ring bearer

Ceremony (where, time): The Cavalier on the Hill; 4:30pm

Reception (where, time):  Same place, immediately following cocktail hour (which is immediately after ceremony)

Dress Style: Ivory A-line with Swarovski embellished bodice. Skirt is silk chiffon with floral texture (Martina Liana 377)

Honeymoon Location: Cabin in Shenendaoh Valley

Flowers: Roses (the fuller the better). All red and white. No mixing of the colors.

First Dance Song: Smile by Uncle Kracker

Centerpieces: Vases, altering heights, with orchids and floating candles. Candelabras with floral arrangement (not sure about color-red or white?). They will be alternating tables around the room. Each table will have petals around the centerpiece and votive candles.

Food/Menu: Haven’t had a tasting but main course will be filet mignon and a chicken dish. Vegetarian option will also be offered. Cocktail hour will consist of fruit/veggie/cheese table and various hors d’oeuvres

Cake Flavour: Tier 1: red velvet/cream cheese filling; Tier 2: vanilla/white chocolate ganache filling; Tier 3: chocolate/german chocolate icng filling; Tier 4: same as tier 1 and will be saved for anniversary

Favours: Candy buffet

Bachelorette (when/what): Sometime in late August or early September. Probably just go out dancing πŸ™‚

ADDED: Bridal shower theme: Tiffany’s theme!!

Post # 14
6116 posts
Bee Keeper

@Nurse_Bee:  it’s funny, I’ve never seen the movie or owned anything from Tiffany’s but I love the Tiffany blue color and all the cute little ideas for the theme. Like little Tiffany boxes for favors, big Tiffany boxes for game prizes, jewels and pearls everywhere, having everyone wear LBD and pearls, Tiffany box cake, etc. Ahhh, so excited!

Post # 15
706 posts
Busy bee

Wedding Date: October 26, 2013

Engagement Length:1 year and 5 months

Relationship Length: We will be almost at the 6 year mark at our wedding.

Colors: Silver and light purple accents

Theme: No theme, just modern and elegant. 

Wedding Party(#s): 5 bridesmaides and 5 groomsmen. A flower girl and 2 ring boys.

Ceremony (where, time): A temple in Miami Beach. Cocktails start at 7, ceremony at 8

Dress Style: Lazaro ball gown. Very elaborate top. Crystal Louboutins. Headpiece. 

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up. Airbrush for everyone!

Honeymoon Location: Gonna head to Mexico for a couple of days then Paris/London in the summer.

Flowers: Hydrangeas, Roses, and Garden Roses

First Dance Song: Bosson, Beautiful

Centerpieces: Two different types. One tall centerpiece on a clear base with stones inside one and lots of candles, and the other tables will actually have two flower centerpieces that are highlighted by candles and a clear box with a crystal decoration inside. Wish I could explain better, but you have to see pics to understand. 

Food/Menu: For the cocktail hour there will be 12 hors de vours, and 4 stations. For The dinner, there will be about 12 salads per table, then an app. of mushrooms in a crisp tarte, a watermelon soup, and green salad. Then people will have an option of beef flank, stuffed chicken and rizzoto, and salmon in a balsamic reduction. For dessert, there will be a his and hers dessert. His is chocolate lava cake, hers is a warm apple pie type thing. Plus wedding cake and candy bar. 

Cake Flavour: Not quite sure yet but very likely to be red velvet. 

Favours: We are giving out mini photo albums (like brag books). The cover of the book has the name and seating arrangement, and inside will be a picture of fi and me. Also, a large candy bar. 

Bachelorette (when/what): Hotel weekend in Miami?

Post # 16
7 posts
Newbee

Wedding Date: October 26, 2013

Engagement Length: It will be 19 months by the time we get married.

Relationship Length: 5 1/2 years when we get married.

Colors: eggplant purple, burnt orange, golden yellow, deep red… pretty much your fall colors

Theme: Fall/Rustic… hints of the literary theme here and there since we love our books!

Wedding Party(#s): Matron of honor, maid of honor, bridesmaid, 2 best men, 1 groomsman, 1 ring bearer, 2 flower girls, 2 ushers ( friends of my fiancé he didn’t want to leave out. They are not really going to be ushering. They will just be there if someone needs assistance), and 3 junior ushers (my fiancé’s nephews ushering the 3 grandmothers)

Ceremony (where, time): garden at Lanark at the Alabama Wildlife Federation- Millbrook, AL. Time is 2:00 or 3:00… we have to reseach the sun’s location to figure out what the best time would be so the sun is not in everyone’s eyes

Reception (where, time):  Lanark Pavillion at the Alabama Wildlife Federation- Millbrook, AL

Dress Style: haven’t decided yet, but I’m loving the look of Casablanca 1900

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and maybe pro makeup

Honeymoon Location: 10 day trip to England, with a possible day trip to Paris

Flowers: Not sure yet. I’m not picky about the flowers. Since we’re throwing in some literary things into the wedding, I also like the idea of adding a few paper flowers to my bouquet that are made out of pages from my favorite book, Pride and Prejudice!

First Dance Song: Thank You- Chris Cornell

Centerpieces: small vases with a few flowers. Maybe some books or framed love quotes from some of our favorite books. I don’t want anything fancy.

Food/Menu: Not sure yet… will have to decide based on the decision we make about the time of ceremony.

Cake Flavour: We haven’t done the cake tasting yet.

Favours: I’m leaning towards a trail mix station. I thought of this because 1) it’s different, and 2) the venue has beautiful walking trails all over the place! If the guests want to venture out onto the trails, then it’s perfect Laughing

DJ/Band/Ipod: Trying to find a guitarist to perform during the ceremony and using an iPod for the reception

Bachelorette (when/what): Not sure if something is planned.

The topic ‘October 2013 Wedding Survey!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors