51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Wedding Date: October 13, 2013

Engagement Length: 11 months

Relationship Length: 5 years 3 months when we get married

Colors:  Gold and burgundy, with orange accents

Theme: It’s sort of a mix up of themes… leaning toward autumn elegance

Wedding Party(#s):  No wedding party!  We’re having a smallish (50 people) wedding, mostly family, and didn’t want the stress of a wedding party and any of our friends to feel left out.

Ceremony (where, time): The Governor Hill Mansion in Augusta, ME.  Ceremony will be held on the grand staircase.  Not sure of the start time yet, probably 4pm.

Reception (where, time):  Same as ceremony, but in the reception hall at the Mansion.

Dress Style: Sincerity 3666 – Ivory satin mermaid

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Definitely DIY makeup, thinking about DIY hair, but we’ll see!

Honeymoon Location: Weeklong trip to Sedona, AZ – day trip to the Grand Canyon, lots of hiking and sightseeing

Flowers: Not sure yet.  Probably mums on the tables and at the entrance, and a wild-looking fall colored bouquet.

First Dance Song: I Cross My Heart – George Strait

Centerpieces:  Mums, gold and orange pumpkins, leaves

Food/Menu: Not quite sure yet, still have to make some decisions and have our tasting with the caterer.  We’re definitely doing a plated dinner, and Fiance wants some form of steak.

Cake Flavour: Pie!  We’re planning to have a pie buffet with home made (by my mother and I) pecan, apple and pumpkin pies.

Favours: Not sure yet!  Leaning toward either home made jam or pickles.

DJ/Band/Ipod: One of our friends will be playing the piano during the ceremony and cocktail hour, and we’re planning to do Ipod during the reception, managed by my musically inclined brother.

Bachelorette (when/what): Since we don’t have a wedding party, we’re planning our own Jack and Jill party!  Not sure of the details yet though.

Post # 18
21 posts
Newbee

Wedding Date: October 26, 2013

Engagement Length: About 13 months

Relationship Length: 2 1/2 years

Colors: eggplant purple, black, silver

Theme:

Wedding Party(#s): 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen. No ring bearer or flower girl

Ceremony (where, time):  church ceremony 3:30 pm

Reception (where, time):  Museum London. Our local art gallery

Dress Style: Alfred Angelo 2314

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and pro makeup

Honeymoon Location: not sure yet

Flowers: bridesmaids will have orchids and I will have peonies and orchids

First Dance Song: You’re the best friend-Renee and Jeremy 

Centerpieces: not sure yet

Food/Menu: prime rib and Yorkshire, chicken franchise and vegetation option. We a are also having a sweet table and taco bar at midnight. 

Cake Flavour: not sure yet. 

Favours: no favours. We will be making a donation to the cancer society in memory of my dad. 

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ

Bachelorette (when/what): Not sure yet. Maybe September

Post # 19
1 posts
Wannabee

Wedding Date: October 12, 2013

Engagement Length: 25 months

Relationship Length: 5 years at time of wedding

Colors: black, white and burgundy

Theme: Halloween

Wedding Party(#s): undecided

Ceremony (where, time): Kiesel Park, Auburn AL 3:00 pm

Reception (where, time):  Same place, immediately following

Dress Style: wait and see! 

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): undecided

Honeymoon Location: TBD. Future Father-In-Law is gifting us with the honeymoon.

Flowers: undecided

First Dance Song: Nothing Like You & I, the Perishers

Centerpieces: Halloween decor

Food/Menu: “finger” foods LOL! 

Cake Flavour: undecided

Favours: candy bar

Bachelorette (when/what): who knows

Post # 20
195 posts
Blushing bee

Wedding Date: October 20, 2013

Engagement Length: It will be 22 months (engaged 12/9/11)

Relationship Length: 5 years and 10 months by our wedding date

Colors: Blush and Ivory, with some Charcoal/dark gray 

Theme: No theme really, just classic and romantic

Wedding Party(#s): 1 Maid of honor and 1 man of honor on my side, his side will be jis Best Woman and two groomsmen, no flowergirls/ring bearers

Ceremony (where, time): Wedgewood Banquet at the Golf Club of California Fallbrook, 10am

Reception (where, time):  Same location, Cocktail hour 1030-1130am, reception 1130am-3pm

Dress Style: Ivory all lace trumpet/fit n flare, strapless sweetheart neckline and low v back, chapel train (not me in the dress pics πŸ˜‰ )

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up

Honeymoon Location: Couples Swept Away in Negril Jamaica 

Flowers: Blush pink and white roses for my bouqet, same for bridesmaids bouquets with white hydrangea for fill, white rose bouts for the guys and moms corsages, blush pink and white rose petals down the aisle.

Bouquet Inspiration:

First Dance Song: Undecided, possibly “I do” by Mark Willis or “Kiss from a rose” by Seal

Centerpieces: Tall Candelabras topped with white and blush pink roses and white and green filler flowers and draping green amaranthus (inspiration below)

Food/Menu: Buffet style, with chicken, fish, and prime rib entrees and plenty of sides

Cake Flavour: Undecided, probably carrot cake or red velvet

Favours: ASPCA donation favours 

Bachelorette (when/what): Probably not having one except maybe quick mani/pedis before the wedding. My Maid/Matron of Honor lives on the other side of the country and won’t be here till a couple days before the wedding.

Post # 21
134 posts
Blushing bee

OMG PANIC ATTACK…i am the worst bride ever. i need to get my ass in gear…

Wedding Date: October 14, 2013

Engagement Length: It will be about 11 months.

Relationship Length: We will have been together for about 6 years by the time we are married

Colors: not sure….maybe slate grey and yellow?  Is that too spring?

Theme: not sure…maybe vintage glam

Wedding Party(#s): 6 Bridesmaids and 5 Groomsmen. (although I still have to ask one of my 6…)

Ceremony (where, time): uhhhh…not sure yet. 

Reception (where, time):  Wentworth by the Sea, New Castle New Husband 6pm

Dress Style: Lazaro 3052-ivory trumpet style w/ beading on the top and a sash.

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): haven’t booked anything yet, but thinking Pro hair and make up. maybe airbrush

Honeymoon Location: not sure.

Flowers: no idea.  maybe something yellow? or maybe will stick with pale colors/ I am the worst bride ever. 

First Dance Song: no idea.  

Centerpieces: no idea.

Food/Menu: We have our tasting sometime in March.  I will probably go with filet and a fish w/ a veg option.

Cake Flavour: no idea.  probably more than one flavor..

Favours: Maybe a candy buffet selection.  Also will probably do mini maple syrups.

DJ/Band/Ipod: band

Bachelorette (when/what): no idea.

Post # 22
62 posts
Worker bee

Wedding Date: October 14, 2013

Engagement Length: About 10 months!

Relationship Length: We’ve been together for about 2 year, will be 2 and a half by then though.

Colors:  We didn’t specify colors, and won’t. Whatever looks pretty together!

Theme: I wouldn’t say we have a theme, but it will be very nature-oriented, romantic, and we are having a super elegant picnic!

Wedding Party(#s): Just us and our dogs! No wedding party.

Ceremony (where, time): Not sure exactly where yet, but at 9.30 am

Reception (where, time):  We aren’t really having a reception, but will eventually have a party to announce to everyone we eloped!

Dress Style: It is a gorgeous, beaded with lace A-line (strapless) with a corseted back by Maggie Sottero

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up. Thinking of airbrush!

Honeymoon Location: Backpacking some of the AT

Flowers: Combination of paper flowers, family heirloom brooches, and a few wildflowers

First Dance Song: We are leaving this up to our musician who is incredible, and is a close friend of mine. He is going to write a song just for us!

Centerpieces: We aren’t having tables, but our decor will include vintage fabrics, baskets, and beautiful flowers!

Food/Menu: Something farm fresh, vegan for me, and some meat for him. 

Cake Flavour: Fiance LOVES LOVES strawberry shortcake, so it will be some rendition of that!

Favours: We are hosting a vintage CIA themed party once our pro pics come back, so our ‘favours’ will be TOP SECRET folders, with a video explaining the event.  It will all make sense later  πŸ™‚ Basically, everyone will get a video of our day so they feel like they were there!

DJ/Band/Ipod: Robbie!! 

Bachelorette (when/what): None. We aren’t interested in all that, but if I know my girls like I think I do, they will plan something afterward.

Post # 23
225 posts
Helper bee

Oh this is fun fun fun!!

Wedding Date: October 19, 2013

Engagement Length: It will be 13 months by the time we get married.

Relationship Length: We will have been together for 5years and 7 months before we are married πŸ™‚

Colors: Navy,and yellow

Theme: Hhhmm Really no Theme although I do want to have some Chicago landmarks incorporated.

Wedding Party(#s): 6 Bridesmaids and 3 Groomsmen.  I will have 2girls to 1 guy.

Ceremony (where, time):Nuestra Senora del Carmen Catholic Church @ 4 pm

Reception (where, time):  the Royal Playa del Carmen 

Dress Style: Ivory Strapless gown with floral lace and beading falling from the neckline down the mermaid silhouette and onto eh buttoned chapel train.

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up. Hair not sure If up or a messy bun (Sister in law is a hairstylist. Makeup Airbrush and I will be using Golds and Browns πŸ™‚ Sister is a makeup artist 

Honeymoon Location: Venice

Flowers:  Not sure yet I know I want Calla Lily (white)

First Dance Song: Undecided

Centerpieces:  still figuring out what I would like.

Food/Menu

Cake Flavour: We haven’t had our cake tasting yet, but probably multiple flavors.

Favours: Tote Bags and Cigars 

Bachelorette (when/what): Not sure my Maid/Matron of Honor is figuring all that out for me

Post # 24
1 posts
Wannabee

Wedding Date: October 19, 2013

Engagement Length: Just about 10 months

Relationship Length: 3 years by the time we marry πŸ™‚

Colors:  Navy for the BM’s, Army dress blues for the Fiance and groomsmen, then lots of burlap & white

Theme: Slightly rustic, very elegant and very southern.

Wedding Party(#s): 7 bridesmaids and 6 groomsmen, plus 1 flowergirl

Ceremony (where, time): Private barn (family land) in NC, 4:30pm

Reception (where, time):  Inside the barn, 6pm

Dress Style: Beautiful A-line lace gown, Casablanca 2004

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up

Honeymoon Location: Beach house in the OBX for a week (can’t wait! It’s our most favorite place)

Flowers: Lots of hydrangeas (Green & white in BM’s bouquets and in mason jars everywhere), and my bouquet will be made of all white/ivory hydrangeas, garden roses and other beautiful blooms. See pic below πŸ™‚

First Dance Song: “On a Night Like This” by Dave Barnes. Go listen to it NOW, you’ll be in tears, it’s so beautiful! 

Centerpieces: A mixture of hydrangeas, mason jars, roses, lanterns and mercury glass votives

Food/Menu: Classic southern faire: shrimp and grits, chicken, etc.

Cake Flavour: I would love red velvet, but we’ll see! Haven’t quite gotten that far along yet.

Favours: There will be mason jars with chalkboard stickers attached for the guests to write their names on, complete with navy & white striped paper straws, that they can use all night and then take home as favors.

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ (Generations Mobile DJ Service out of Raleigh, NC)

Bachelorette (when/what): Not quite sure yet, probably some low key out of the coast of NC or SC.

(Image via Pinterest, http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5085/5229840064_0214c6f2cd.jpg)

Post # 25
839 posts
Busy bee

Engagement Length: It will be 12.5 months by the time we get married.

Relationship Length: We will have been together for 3 years and 4 months by the time we are married πŸ™‚

Colors: Ivory, Chocolate, White, Beige/Champagne

Theme: Classical, Romantic

Wedding Party(#s): 4 Bridesmaids and 4 Groomsmen. 

Ceremony (where, time): Heintzman House, Toronto 3pm

Reception (where, time):  Same place, at 5pm following a Cocktail Hour

Dress Style: Ivory, A-Line, One SHoulder with lace and beading

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up. 

Honeymoon Location: Somewhere, not sure where yet

Flowers: Soft white, mix of flowers, including lilies

First Dance Song: We haven’t decided but The Fray – Rainy Zurich is my top pick

Centerpieces: White potted Orchids surrounded by different size glass vases for candles wrapped in lace

Food/Menu: We have a selection of Chicken, Salmon or Vegeterian. We will leave it to our guests to make their choices.

Cake Flavour: We will have multiple flavours

Favours: Homemade scented Soy Candles

DJ/Band/Ipod: Violin and Celo duet for ceremony and Cocktail hour, then DJ

Bachelorette (when/what): Girls would liek to go to New York for the weekend. But am really unsure still

Post # 26
536 posts
Busy bee

Wedding Date: October 5, 2013

Engagement Length: 10 months, 4 days

Relationship Length: It will be 3.5 years-ish by the wedding

Colours: Red, yellow, black (my dress is ivory)

Theme: Vintage & fall

Wedding Party (#s): 4 Bridesmaid or Best Man, 4 Groomsmen

Ceremony (where/time): Willow Springs Winery, 4pm

Reception (where/time): Same location, following cocktail hour

Dress style: Vintage (lace)

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DIY) Professional. I’m going for something partly up but definitely not an “updo.”

Honeymoon Location: Nothing booked, but looking at going to BC.

Flowers: Fall colours! Red, yellow, orange, with bits of ivory and green. Circus roses for the bouts!

First Dance Song: Undecided, but we’re working on a list of possibilities.

Centrepieces: little pumpkins, hollowed-out with sunflowers inside

Food/Menu: We haven’t figured it out yet. Our food is part of our package, but we have to make the choices. I can’t eat any of it anyway (food allergies) so FH gets to decide all of that!

Cake Flavour: We haven’t found a bakery yet, but I’m hoping for chocolate!

Favours: Wine jelly made at the winery.

Bachelorette (when/what): Not sure. I’ve asked my Maid/Matron of Honor to keep it low-key. No crazy bar crawling or anything like that. Dinner out at my favourite restaurant, then perhaps back to my house to have some drinks and a “girls’ night.”

Post # 27
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

How fun! Thanks for starting this!!!

Wedding Date: October 19th, 2013

Engagement Length: 1 year

Relationship Length: 4 years by the time we get married

Colors:  Ha!  This is currently on hold until we can pick a bridesmaid’s dress that everyone likes.  Turns out I’m not a fan of regular bridesmaids dresses, which makes this much harder…

Theme:  Rustic/vintagey/ouside?  No real theme, just trying to make things cohesive

Wedding Party(#s): 4 bridesmaids, 1 jr. bridesmaid, and an as-of-yet-undetermined number of groomsmen (man, I wish he’d get on that!)

Ceremony (where, time): Menomonie, WI, 11am

Reception (where, time): Starting at noon, same place

Dress Style: Jasmine jacquard dress.  It’s SO pretty!

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI):  Probably pro, though I’m still considering DIY makeup

Honeymoon Location:  TN/Smoky Mountains?  Maybe?

Flowers: Whatever we can afford!  Flowers is low on my priorities list.  I have a friend that was a florist, so she’s just going to do whatever is around at the time of our wedding.

First Dance Song: Not having one πŸ™

Centerpieces: This is on hold until we figure out our colors!

Food/Menu: BRUNCH!  This is probably what I am most excited about.  It’s going to be AWESOME.  We’ll have bloody marys and mimosas and brunch foods.

Cake Flavour: Something light and appropriate for brunch.

Favours: Not having any

DJ/Band/Ipod: Ipod, but not much dancing because it’ll be early in the day.  We are hoping to have lawn games, though.

Bachelorette (when/what): Good question.  I don’t know.  Maybe in August?

I was also very excited to see that there was another bride in the Eau Claire area!  @Blooper13:  πŸ™‚

Post # 28
74 posts
Worker bee

Wedding Date: October 26, 2013

Engagement Length: A little less than a year.

Relationship Length: Almost 6 years by the time we get married

Colors: Champagne & White with light pink accents

Theme: Wedding.

Wedding Party(#s): 1 Maid/Matron of Honor & 2 bridesmaids, 1 Best Man & 2 groomsmen, flower girl, & ring bearer

Ceremony (where, time): Hyatt Regency Cleveland 6PM

Reception (where, time):  Hyatt Regency Cleveland, 630PM cocktail hour, 730PM reception

Dress Style: Paloma Blanca in Diamond White (and, it has pockets!)

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro, just don’t know where yet!

Honeymoon Location: Deferred – cannot justify the cost right now, plus we have a wedding to attend in Chicago the following weekend

Flowers: I really like roses and am willing to work with whatever is in season.  I loooove peonies, but seeing as they won’t be in season, I don’t think it will work out.

First Dance Song: No clue.

Centerpieces: Leaving that up to my mother.  She wants tall centerpieces.

Food/Menu: Well, we are doing a combined beef/chicken entree.  Have not scheduled tasting, but there are 2 different beef and 2 different chicken choices.  We also have to select the food for cocktail hour as well as the salads.

Cake Flavour: This will probably be more simple/traditional.  We both love regular cake and he doesn’t like chocolate! I love chocolate, but have never really cared for it in cake form.  I just want reallllyyy gooood frosting πŸ™‚

Favours: Passing out flowers to the women upon exiting the reception.  Haven’t figured out anything else yet.

Bachelorette (when/what): Probably this summer.  My Maid/Matron of Honor have discussed maybe having a nice dinner, going bowling (there is a fancy/trendy bowling alley downtown), then going out on the town.  Then, brunch at home the next day.  Nothing is set in stone.

Post # 29
258 posts
Helper bee

Wedding Date: October 11th, 2013

Engagement Length: 19 months

Relationship Length: We’ll have been friends for 7 years and together for 4 years and 7 months.

Colors: Purple and Teal

Theme: Peacock (colors and few feathers) & Rustic

Wedding Party(#s): 4 Bridesmaids & 4 Groomsmen

Ceremony (where, time): Small restored church built in 1856, 3:30 pm

Reception (where, time):  Ramada Hotel & Conference Center

Dress Style: Fully beaded bust with ruching on bodice. Fuller skirt with pickups and a lace up back

Honeymoon Location: Depends on how much money is left over!

Flowers: Roses, Dahlia’s, Hydrangeas

First Dance Song: Tangled up in you, Staind. 

Centerpieces: Half tall. Vases with river rock, Tall branches and hydrangeas at the base. Half small. Lily bowls with a large dahlia and floating candle

Food/Menu: Haven’t had tasting yet but will be a beef and a chicken option

Cake Flavour: Haven’t gotten cake yet.

Favours: Popcorn buffet with gourmet flavors. Pumpkin pie, Smores, tomato basil garlic, etc.

Bachelorette (when/what): Sisters are planning!

Post # 30
95 posts
Worker bee

Engagement Length: We have been plannign the wedding for a while but the engagement will become official (in terms of a ring) in march, so 7 months

Relationship Length: By our wedding day itll be a couple months shy of 5 years

Colors: Royal blue, orange, purple (sunset colors)

Theme: “love is sweet” (including candy bar, flower girls will be throwing personalized hershey kisses etc) 

Wedding Party(#s): 2 flower girls, a junior bridesmaid and a junior groomsmen

Ceremony (where, time): Fredericton NB (canada) at a lake at 7 πŸ™‚

Dress Style: ivory, 2 in 1 gown Dere Kiang style 11055

Honeymoon Location: Still unsure

Flowers: orchids maybe, otherwise none

First Dance Song: Undecided

Centerpieces: Candy inspired, vase full of candy in our color and some other touches im unsure of so far

Food/Menu: Evening wedding and just going for buffet style of desserts: smores bar, popcorn bar, pasteries, fruits/dip and maybe some finger foods non dessert πŸ™‚

Cake Flavour: undecided

Favours: thinnking candy apples wraped up as well as blankets/throws (outside wedding)

Bachelorette (when/what): doubtful of this luxury 

Post # 31
207 posts
Helper bee

I’ll play!

Wedding Date: October 26, 2013

Engagement Length: 14 months

Relationship Length: 3 years & 3 months

Colors: Aubergine, Gold, Ivory

Theme: Vintage European / Wine

Wedding Party(#s): BIL is Bridesmaid or Best Man, FI’s sister is Maid/Matron of Honor, our dog is going to be our ringbearer, my niece is flower girl, our little brothers will be ushers.

Ceremony (where, time): A Bed & Breakfast, 5 p.m.

Dress Style: Ivory fit & flair with illusion straps and a deep v back. Fabris is beaded lace with a soft flowing train

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up. I’m getting eyelash and hair extensions (shhhhh don’t tell)

Honeymoon Location: CSA in Negril, Jamaica

Flowers: Aubergine and Gold Wedding Bouquet

First Dance Song: We’re not dancing, but will be playing frank sinatra, etc. during the dinner

Centerpieces: teapots with hydrandgeas and roses in them. Put the teapots on top of books of varying heights; add vintage doilies, and colored glassware with candles in them.

Food/Menu: TBD; We get to design the menu with the B&B – it is going to be a four course meal with matching wine pairings.

Cake Flavour: Wedding PIE instead! But I might cave and do a Chicago Bears grooms cake too lol

Favours: Thinking chocolate cigars

DJ/Band/Ipod: String quartet for ceremony, ipod for dinner (no dancing anyway, it’s just an intimate family dinner).

Bachelorette (when/what): Not sure yet

The topic ‘October 2013 Wedding Survey!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors