(Closed) October 2013 Wedding Survey!

posted 9 years ago in October 2013
Post # 47
122 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Wedding Date: October 4, 2013

Engagement Length: It will be 11 months by the time we get married.

Relationship Length: We will have been together for 1 year and 6 months.

Colors: charcoal and pool

Theme: vintage rustic

Wedding Party(#s): 6 Bridesmaids and 6 Groomsmen. 2 flower girls and 1 ring bearer.

Ceremony (where, time): The Event Barn at Immanuel’s Farms (TN) and at 6 pm.

Reception (where, time):  Same place, immediately following

Dress Style: Satin fit and flare with embroidery. (David’s Bridal Fit and Flare)

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up. Thinking of airbrush!

Honeymoon Location: Unsure yet, since FH will be in school… Thinking of a long weekend in Asheville then taking a long honeymoon somewhere tropically in the summer.

Flowers: Love the wildflower look and confetti roses!

First Dance Song: Undecided, but looking into country songs.

Centerpieces: Mason jars and wildflowers. Lots of lace and burlap.

Food/Menu: Not 100% sure… thinking chicken and BBQ. We like simple! πŸ˜‰

Cake Flavour: We are wanting multiple flavor cupcakes.

Favours: Candy or cookie table.

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ

Bachelorette (when/what): Not sure yet, probably septemberish!

Post # 48
207 posts
Helper bee

@kittylove13:  OMG! We are honeymooning at CSA from October 28th – Nov. 4th! Will there be any overlap between our trips??

Post # 49
195 posts
Blushing bee

@BeeandBeeBride27:  Oh wow how crazy what a coincidence! Unfortunately we will be checking out on the 28th, we’re booked the 21st-28th but it would have been neat if our trips overlapped 

Post # 50
207 posts
Helper bee

Wedding Date: October 5, 2013

Engagement Length: 28 months!!

Relationship Length: Friends for 6 years, together for 4.

Colors: I don’t really have official colors, other than my flowers (yellow and brown).

Theme: Cozy, casual and intimate, at a rustic mountain lodge.

Wedding Party(#s): Zip, zero!!!

Ceremony (where, time): 4:00 outside on the lawn overlooking the foliage on the mountains.

Reception (where, time):  Same place. Cocktail hour outside on the deck; dinner inside by the fireplace; the a bonfire outside on the lawn.

Dress Style: Strapless, sweetheart, trumpet — lots of lace, NO beading.  And my mom is making my veil by hand <3

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up.

Honeymoon Location: Riviera Maya!!! Adults only, all-inclusive resort for 7 nights.

Flowers: Sunflowers πŸ™‚

First Dance Song: “Free” by Zac Brown Band.

Centerpieces: Sunflowers in mason jars.

Food/Menu: PRIME RIB, and other side dishes.  There are other choices for wussies who don’t eat steak. πŸ˜‰

Cake Flavour: Undecided… but I really do love the classic almond wedding cake flavor.

Favours: S’mores bar next to the bon fire.

Bachelorette (when/what): NONE whatsoever!!!

Post # 51
36 posts
Newbee

Wedding Date: October 26th 2013

Engagement Length: 20months

Relationship Length: 5yrs 5mths by the wedding

Colors: Not sure yet, either pale yellow, grey or something completley different on the day we choose!

Theme: Rustic/country/vintage

Wedding Party(#s): 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen 5 flowergirls

Ceremony (where, time): On the riverbank near FMIL property

Reception (where, time):   Marquee on Future Mother-In-Law property

dress Style: Not sure yet but looking at lace/flowy dresses

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Professional hair and makeup

Honeymoon Location: Due to circumstance a few days away in Coffs Harbour close to home πŸ™‚

Flowers: Maybe daisies, have to meet with florist

First Dance Song: Tougher than the rest by Chris Ledoux

Centerpieces: DIY have been collecting glass jars for over a year to put candles and flowers in on a hessian runner

Food/Menu: Buffet/Roast dinner

Cake Flavour: not sure, thinking cupcakes

Favours: Stubby holders/beer coolers

DJ/Band/Ipod: Hopefully band, waiting to confirm

Bachelorette (when/what): My bridesmaids are all over the country so im thinkina about having a night out the week of the wedding…. I know sounds crazy!

Post # 52
9 posts
Newbee

Wedding Date: October 12, 2013

Engagement Length: 14 months

Relationship Length: 2 1/2 years 

Colors: pink and orange

Theme: love birds (dove release)

Wedding Party(#s): 3 bridesmaids 3 groomsmen

Ceremony (where, time): garden gazebo 11am

Reception (where, time):   restaurant on property 12pm

dress Style: alfred angelo 214

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Professional hair and makeup

Honeymoon Location: Italy 

Flowers: calla Lilly, roses, maybe peonies

First Dance Song: grow old with you, Adam Sandler 

Centerpieces tall with orchids, roses, hydrangea

Food/Menu: Buffet brunch. Omelet station, waffles, lox and cream cheese on bagels, carving station, grilled flank steak, tomato and mozzarella, lobster eggs Benedict 

Cake Flavour: red velvet or vanilla rum

Favours: Candy buffet 

DJ/Band/Ipod: dj

Bachelorette (when/what): Weekend in south beach!

Post # 53
157 posts
Blushing bee

Wedding Date: October 19, 2013

Engagement Length: 8 months.

Relationship Length: 21 years.

Colors: Traditional autumn colors. Deep red, orange, yellow, green.

Theme: None.

Wedding Party(#s): My daughter will be Maid/Matron of Honor, FI’s youngest son will be Bridesmaid or Best Man.  My nieces daughter will be a Jr. bridesmaid

Ceremony (where, time): Lutheran Church – 4 p.m.

Reception (where, time):  Local reception hall, 5:30 p.m.  I settled on this.  Its the same place my daughter had her reception 4 years ago.  They really made it nice and are reasonably priced for the area, but I wanted something different.  Most places here won’t even respond when you tell them 50 people.   

Dress Style: still shopping.  I would love to find a reasonably priced lace dress.

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and makeup.

Honeymoon Location:  None this year.  Hopefully Italy and Austria in 2014.

Flowers:  Flame orange and white calla lillies with dark red roses for me.  Orange and white calla lilies for Maid/Matron of Honor and Bridesmaid or Best Man.

First Dance Song: I want the DJ to play the beginning of Etta James singing “At Last”.   Not sure what will follow that yet.

Centerpieces: The tables are ovals that seat 8.  Hurricane vase holding a candle at each end.  DIY flower centerpieces.  Not sure yet of flower.

Food/Menu: Cocktail hour and sit down dinner.

Cake Flavour: 2 cakes.  The main cake will be white with buttercream.  Small gluten free grooms cake.  Chocolate with chocolate icing.  So we will be able to tell if there is any cross contamination in the Girlfriend cake.

Favours: Lindor truffles.   

Bachelorette (when/what): My Maid/Matron of Honor (daughter) is planning something.

Post # 54
12 posts
Newbee

Wedding Date: October 26, 2013

Engagement Length: It will be 7 months by the time we get married.

Relationship Length: We will have been together for 6 years when we get married.

Colors: Pale pink and silver

Theme: I don’t have a theme, just classic and pretty

Wedding Party(#s): 2 adult Bridesmaids, 1 junior bridesmaid, best man and a page boy/ring bearer.

Ceremony (where, time): Old Bolingbroke church

Reception (where, time): Petwood hotel woodhall spa

Dress Style: I haven’t picked one yet, but I want Ivory with lace sleeves, empire line waist with an A line skirt.

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up. Thinking of airbrush! Though if out of budget I will do my own make up.

Honeymoon Location: We probably won’t bother. Neither of us are “holiday people” and with pets at home it becomes a bit of a hassle. We will probably wait and save up so we can go on an amazing belated honeymoon to the maldives next year.

Flowers: Pale pink gerberas and pale pink spray carnations.

First Dance Song: Undecided, possibly Jason Mraz I won’t give up, but there are a few we are chosing between.

Centerpieces: Fish bowl on a mirror plate with clear gel beads and three pale pink gerbera heads in them, with a bit of grass twisted round the inside. Like below but with pale pink instead of dark.

Food/Menu: Haven’t decided yet.

Cake Flavour: Fruit cake on the bottom tier (he is allergic to dairy) and then sponge for the top two.

Favours: Shortbread biscuits in the shape of an owl, a dove and a lion, in an organza bag with a tag attached with the serenity prayer printed on it.

Bachelorette (when/what): Not sure if I will, maybe just a few girlfriends to stay over nearer the time.

Post # 55
416 posts
Helper bee

@Nurse_Bee:  heyyy date twin!

Engagement Length: It will be 16 months by the time we get married.

Relationship Length: We will have been together for 8 years and 4 days on our wedding day!

Colors: Eggplant purple and a sage green

Theme: No particular theme, but the ceremony will be outdoors and we’re going for a romantic look. 

Wedding Party(#s): 5 Bridesmaids and 5 Groomsmen, one Junior Bridesmaid

Ceremony (where, time): The Manor House at Prophecy Creek Park, 5PM

Dress Style: Ivory satin drop waist/mermaid. Its just gorgeous. See pic below!

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and make up, except I’m having trouble finding them! Apparently I’m behind on this one. But, worst comes to worse I’ll just take makeup lessons. 

Honeymoon Location: Aruba!!

Flowers: Anything fluffy! Garden roses? Peonies? Depends on what is in season. Ideally blush pink and white

First Dance Song: Still mulling it over, but we’re leaning towards “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz

Centerpieces: low floral centerpieces. Haven’t finalized anything yet!

Food/Menu: Still hashing this out with my parents, then we’ll discuss further with the caterer. 

Cake Flavour: Vanilla pound cake with vanilla buttercream icing

Favours: not necessarily doing a favor, but we’re having a photobooth, so I guess thats kinda close to a favor. 

DJ/Band/Ipod: Band!

Bachelorette (when/what): Not sure.. haven’t really heard a thing about it yet!

Post # 56
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Engagement Length: 3 years and 3 months!

Relationship Length: 7 years and 7 months!

Colors: Dark purple, orange and silver

Theme: don’t have one. just simple, elegant and intitmate

Wedding Party(#s): 5 bridesmaids, 1 matron of honor, 1 maid of honor, 6 groomsmen, one ring bearer, and our dog as the flower girl!

Ceremony (where, time):  Hakone Gardens, Saratoga, CA 5pm

Dress Style: Mermaid fit with ruching. A little bit of bling πŸ˜‰

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and pro make up. 

Honeymoon Location: Bora Bora.. FH wants to go to Boracay & Palawan in Philippines. TBD!

Flowers:  Leaving it up to my florist. Love her work!

First Dance Song: Everytime I Close My Eyes by Babyface & Mariah Carey (maybe)

Centerpieces: candles and rose petals

Food/Menu: Prime rib, pasta, chicken

Cake Flavour: We’re doing cupcakes instead πŸ˜‰

Favours: none.  they can keep the photo strips from the photobooth!

Bachelorette (when/what): Probably in August.  Just going to Napa with girls and do wine tasting. Can’t do the whole club scene & drinking anymore. I pass out after 10pm! LMAO!!!

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/october-2013-wedding-survey#ixzz2Onc7UQCH

Post # 57
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Engagement Length: It will be 1 year, and 5 months by the time we get married.

Relationship Length: We will have been together for right at 6 years when we are married!

Colors: Seafoam, Dusty Purple, Charcoal Grey, and Gold

Theme: Hmmm… Vintage Savannah Southern Elegance meets Marie Antoinette?!?

Wedding Party(#s): 6 Bridesmaids and 5 Groomsmen, Jr. Bridesmaid, 2-3 flower girls

Ceremony (where, time): Calhoun Square, Savannah, GA 12:30PM

Reception (where, time):  The Olde Pink House, immediately following

Dress Style: Still haven’t purchased so this may change, but it is an ivory lace trumpet style gown with a sweetheart neckline, lots of beading/embroidery, and a scalloped lace hem.

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Still working on this!

Honeymoon Location: I’ve already missed a bunch of work this year, so we will likely mini-moon it and try to take a honeymoon in 2014.

Flowers:  I’m going to go with you nurse bee – anything fluffy! Garden roses? Peonies? Hydrangeas? Depends on what is in season. Ideally light, and neutral

First Dance Song: Love Ballad, LTD

Centerpieces: No f-ing clue, lol

Food/Menu: Our venue is actually a historic mansion that has been converted into a restaurant. They have amazing southern style food. We will have a tasting probably this summer. They have lots of great choices, but as I am HIGHLY allergic to seafood it kind of limits things, especially being in the low-country and all. What I like the most is our guests will be able to choose what they will have right before it is served, sit down dinner style.

Cake Flavor: No cake tasting yet, but Fiance is ADAMANT there be no fondant in sight ;p

Favors: Undecided. I was thinking about pralines from River Street Sweets, or maybe a candy buffet (I *love* candy). I’ll probably put this off for a little while.

Bachelorette (when/what): Not sure yet, want to do something fun, simple, and low cost as my wedding is Out of Town for everyone.

Finally getting excited! My inspirational color palette pics are below, it took me a really long time to figure out which direction I wanted to go:

Post # 58
21 posts
Newbee

Engagement Length: Just 1 year.

Relationship Length: We are getting married the day after our 8 year anniversary

Colors: Dark Purple, Black and Lime Green

Theme: No Theme, nothing really seemed to fit

Wedding Party(#s): 6 Bridesmaids and 6 Grooms(5 men 1 woman). 3 Flowergirls(2 baby sisters and Best Man’s daughter)

Ceremony (where, time): 3pm  Place is still up in the air

Dress Style: Princess dress.  Clinched natural waist, fluffy skirt

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): No makeup. I don’t wear it normally so I don’t see the point.  Hair is going to be done my bridesmaid. Half up, half down with purple hair colm

Honeymoon Location: We can barely afford the wedding.  Honeymoon will be on our 1st yr anniversary

Flowers: Lime green chrysathumums for BMs,  I haven’t decided what kind of purple flowers I will have. I might put some green in mine too.

First Dance Song: Blue October Calling you

Centerpieces: Something bookish.  Maybe just something simple as a stack of books

Food/Menu: I want to have a build your own pasta station or taco station.  We are still working out all the details. 

Cake Flavour: I’m not sure why but I love confetti cake, Fiance likes red velvet.  I’m not really sold on a cake though. 

Favours: I have no idea yet. I keep waiting for something to come to me

Bachelorette (when/what): I want to be suprised.

Post # 59
7 posts
Newbee

Engagement Length: 14.5 months.

Relationship Length: We have been together for 2.5 years.

Colors: Dark/light purple with hints of green

Theme: Rustic/Barn/Backyard

Wedding Party(#s): 3 Bridesmaids (no MOH) and 3 Groomsmen (with one of them being the Best Man)

Ceremony (where, time): My aunts backyard, it overlooks the Mississippi, has a barn and a swimming pool and a lot of space. It’s beautiful. It’s taking place at 4pm.

Dress Style: Ivory, A-Line Side Drape Strapeless Gown

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and probably DIY makeup.

Honeymoon Location: We’re postponing our honeymoon until 2014 probably.

Flowers: Totally undecided right now. But learning towards tulips since they’re my favorite flower.

First Dance Song: Undecided right now

Centerpieces: Have a few ideas, but it’ll definitely be DIY

Food/Menu: We’re having all of it be your typical potluck type food with a few of our absolute favorite foods.

Cake Flavour: We haven’t decided, but probably red velvet. The FI’s sister is a cake/pastry chef.

Favours: Probably s’mores packs. And some other things TBD. We’re having a bonfire during the reception.

DJ/Band/Ipod: IPod all the way.

Bachelorette (when/what): No idea. Probably in Chicago (where we live). Don’t know when or what. Leaving that up to the ladies.

Post # 60
439 posts
Helper bee

Engagement Length: 14 months by the time we get married

Relationship Length: 6.5 years

Colors: Pastel colours – mostly lavender and pastel green, pastel pink

Theme:  No real theme, flowery/romantic?

Wedding Party(#s): 2 bridesmaids

Ceremony (where, time): National Forest Park 5pm

Reception (where, time):  Rustic Restuarant next to the parl

Dress Style: Pincess type dress. drop waist, lots of sparkly bling, bottom is ruffly

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and makeup

Honeymoon Location: Still undecided

Flowers: Pastel roses

First Dance Song: We’re not doing a first dance we feel like it will be awkward

Centerpieces: Mini version of our bouquets in crystal vases

Food/Menu: 3 course alternate drop, canapes to start duriong the cocktail hour – haven’t yet decided on exact menu

Cake Flavour: White choc mud and caramel mud

Favours: SPastel coloured macaroons.

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ.

Bachelorette (when/what): Not sure yet it’s a surprise.

Post # 61
439 posts
Helper bee

@MissCoCo:  We were both adament about no fondant too, but turns out fondant these days is different! We tasted some at our cake tasting and it’s actually nice. Apparently it has a bad wrap because cake makers used to put a lot of marzipan under it (which is actually what people didn’t like the taste of) and would layer the fondant very thick, our cake maker uses ganache underneath and uses a thin layer of white choc flavoured fondant.

The cake that we are going with has to be made from fondant, there’s no other way to get the effect – it actually has a little but of hardner added to it so it’s almost brittle. Here’s a picture – the ruffles are identical to the ruffles on the bottom of my dress.

The topic ‘October 2013 Wedding Survey!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors