(Closed) October 2014 Babies Part 2

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 482
794 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@MrsPeterson86:  yay!! I loved seeing the heartbeat!!

@li612:  I’m sorry you are put in that stressful position.  I wish my job would fire me.  It is so miserable right now and I would gladly collect unemployment until being a SAHM!

@AvantLaLettre:  most definitely.  I am a class A biyotch right now.

Thanks for everyone’s input on 1st trimester screening!  We have decided not to do it and save the money for something for baby.

So let’s talk food aversions. What are yours and what are you able to eat? Do you have cravings?
I no longer can eat peanut butter.  It makes me want to gag.  Oh and onions, forget it.  The smell reminds me of the progesterone supps I am taking and I then I want to barf. Protein is nasty nasty nasty.  Which is funny because my midwife said I have to eat protein to feel better and to just suck it up and do it. 

I LOVE carbs.  Fruit is about the only other thing I run to.  I ate a whole pineapple in one sitting and then googled it and found out it can cause labor!!! *cue panic* I guess it was fine though I am not in labor haha!

Oh and my DHA pills give me the sushi burps without the pleasure of eating the sushi.  Now how is that fair!

Post # 483
965 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@phishy179:  Welcome and congratulations! 

@li612:  Ugh – sorry to hear about the job situation 🙁  That sounds like a really messed up situation.  FX for great news on Wednesday!

@lovelyrose:  So exciting!  I have over a week to wait for our first u/s and it’s killing me.  Can’t wait to hear how it goes!

@AvantLaLettre:  I haven’t really hit the irritable phase yet.  I think I’m just too exhausted to be irritated haha!  

So let’s talk food aversions. What are yours and what are you able to eat? Do you have cravings?
Nothing yet.  Smells have been affecting me, but in more of a positive way.  I was in Subway yesterday and it all smelled so good that I wanted to order like 5 different things!  However, in the evenings, it’s like I don’t want anything at all because my nausea is so bad.  I started sucking on peppermints last night and that seemed to help.  I’m sure the cravings will come…I love food too much 🙂

Has anyone had any painful pinches in their stomachs?  For the past 2 nights, I have had these shooting pains very briefly in my stomach when I move a certain way.  It doesn’t last but a few seconds, but it hurts like crazy.  It’s scaring me a little bit.  I still have all of my other symptoms so I’m pretty sure everything is fine, it’s just strange.  

Post # 484
1009 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

No specific cravings, but if something is just blah, then I have no real desire to eat it.  I want something especially delicious.  I love spicy food, so I could eat Thai or Indian every single day.  Mmmmm.  But I’m also not nauseas (yet– I’m 5w6d).  I went through something similar when on IVF stims, but it was worse then (likely due to hormore overload).  Now, while nothing I previously liked is gross, I just have no desire to to eat certain things.  Like chocolate.  No desire whatsoever.  This Feb. 15 was the first time that I can ever remember in my whole life no stocking up on half-off chocolate.  I did try some yesterday, to see what would happen, and it was just “meh.”

Thursday’s US is now just 2 days away.  It can’t come fast enough!!  Please let there be a little heart, and please let it be beating away!!  I am feeling good about it, which I’m thinking I shouldn’t.  Though it’s not like I’ll be able to avoid tears and heartbreak if I stomp out all excitement now.

It’s crazy how long this month has seemed, and February is the shortest month!  My FET was 2/3, and so much has happened since then.  Time has craaaawled by.

Post # 485
2216 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I don’t know if I have food aversions per se, but nothing sounds or looks good.  Nothing I have eaten has made me gag, yet.  I ate french fries with cheese last night, because that’s the only thing I wanted to eat.  My husband ate Tortilla Soup for dinner, and it looked so gross to me.  This sucks.  It is hard picking things for lunch and dinner, if nothing sounds appealing.

In other news, I/we will be telling my parents tonight.  It is my mom’s birthday, so we are going over there after work.  I added a note to her birthday card that says something along the lines of, “The rest of your present may be a little late this year.  The estimated delivery date is October 16, 2014.”  I hope she gets it.  I’m really nervous about telling them, since it is still very early; I will only be 6w5d today. 

Post # 486
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

So let’s talk food aversions. What are yours and what are you able to eat? Do you have cravings?  Mine are mostly smell aversions. I make my Darling Husband a breakfast sandwhich every morining with egg beaters- the southweat flavor. Something about that salsa/cumin smell makes me GAG. And lately I’ll know EXACTLY what I want to eat, then when I’m taking my first couple of bites, I change my mind and have to force myself to get it down. Last night I made sloppy joe and mac and cheese…and it tasted so bitter to me!

@SweetMelissa429:  I have havd weird stabbing pains. It makes me wonder who’s sitting around with a voodoo doll of me, and poking my midsection. Last night I tossed and turned so bad because my hip and lower back felt pinched/pulled.

Ladies, it’s snowing, AGAIN.

We just had a beautiful, mild temperatured weekend. I actually cleaned off the deck and barbequed some chicken. I was outside all weekend just soaking up all the sun and fresh air that I could. Now, its snowing, grey, and miserable again. I don’t think I can take this anymore! I just want to hibernate until spring…and the second trimester.

My husband gave me a “half day” and is letting me take my time this morning before going into the office. I’ve been researching pregnancy nutrition since I feel like my eating habits are out of control. The bloat is showing everywhere and I feel like a total failure already. I got down to a size 16 this past year (from a size 22 three years ago) and I feel like this pregnancy is going to sabotage my success so far. I need to get disciplined.

Are there any other overweight bees on the October 2014 Babies board? From the context of active participants, I’m feeling like the only one.

Post # 487
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I don’t think I really have any food aversions in particular. I have no desire to eat veggies but the thought of them doesnt make me sick, I just don’t want them. I want soup all the time thougj, which I guess could be worse!

I am so jealous of all of you with early US! Mine  is 2 weeks today and I can’t wait!!

We have pretty much told everyone we want to tell before 12 weeks, we just have 2 more frienda we will tell on Saturday! I love telling people 🙂 it brings me back to the day we found out all over again! It’s so exciting to see how they react!!

Post # 488
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

@Mrs.Metalm:  So I wanted to see just how much I would bloat because the afternoon/evening I feel so much bigger. I measured myself last night around my belly button and then again this morning and I was 1.5″ smaller this morning…it’s ridiculous!

Post # 489
2216 posts
Buzzing bee

@Mrs.Metalm:  According to my BMI, I am overweight.  My weight fluctuates, so, like, you, I am worried about what my pregnancy will do to my body and my weight.  I don’t lose weight easily, so I am afraid that I will hit my heaviest weight and stay there after baby’s birth.  I try to make myself feel better by telling myself it is my responsibility to baby to listen to my body and eat when my body needs fuel.  My #1 priority is baby, not my weight. 

Post # 490
1837 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Mrs.Metalm:  yep pretty sad about the weather. the weekend was SO NICE!

Post # 491
2216 posts
Buzzing bee

Ladies, it’s snowing, AGAIN.

It took me over an hour to get into work this morning.  My commute is normally 15-20 minutes.  We got maybe 3 inches of snow, but nothing was plowed this morning, making the commute dangerous.  It just peeves me, because I have a job in which I can work from home at full capacity,  but my upper management is playing babysitter with the number of WFH (work from home) days we use.  Silly. 

Post # 492
Hostess
3571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@HopefulForLittleOne:  I hope there’s a little heartbeat in there. I bet there is. If you see one will you officially adopt the “p-word?”

@coffeegal85:  Oh fun! I hope it goes well!

@Mrs.Metalm: @coffeegal85:   I’m overweight. Going into this pregnancy I was about a size 10/12 (I’m only 5’3), and about 166 pounds. I lost a godo chunk of weight a few years ago and kept it off, but I had a really stressful job in Afghanistan where I had no control over what I could eat for lunch (they have really unhealthy food there) and I gained like 25 pounds the second year I was there. I’ve been back now since May 2013, but I haven’t been able to get it off. I actually (pre-pregnancy, now I’ve not been to the gym in a month because tavel/family stuff/feeling like shit now) work out a lot, hitting 2-4 spin classes a week, ran a 5k this summer, etc. I really cannot lose weight unless I cut calories crazy low (seriously, like below 1200 and that’s not even healthy). I had my thyroid tested and everything. Ultimately my blood panel was great and my doctor was like “You’re super healthy. I guess you’ve just got the fat genes. I’m sorry, I wish I had more to help.” So that was sort of soul crushing. 

My exhaustion/inability to work out lately coupled with the fact I already feel not good at this weight suuuucks. I’m trying not to be a head case about how heavy I will be at the end but I still have bad days. I’m so worried that I won’t be able to lose the baby weight either. After all, I can’t even lose the 25 I gained. 

Holy vent, sorry. 

Post # 493
756 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Mrs.Metalm:  I’m overweight, but it’s happened since I got married. I am 150 and am 5’1″. But I’ve gained 20 pounds since I got married. I was actually doing weight watchers, but I got pregnant quicker than expected, so I didn’t really lose anything. I’m worried that I’ll have trouble getting the baby weight off since I started off at my heaviest. When I told my grandmother I was pregnant the first thing she said well you can’t gain any weight at all because you’re already overweight. Thanks grandma. Thanks. 

Post # 494
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@jfair:  I know what you mean. This past saturday I was feeling good, and the bloat was practically gone. I said something to Darling Husband about feeling “smaller” then it seemed like I ballooned right back.

@coffeegal85:  According to my BMI, I’m Obese. (what an awful word). Everytime my doctors or family/friends find out my BMI says I’m obese, they don’t believe it. I carry my weight well, and since I’ve been working out, I have toned up a lot. It’s so frustrating to be considered obese when I truly don’t feel that way…(until the pregnancy bloat). I’m working out my nutritional goals and I really hope to ignore my hesitations and just eat what is best for the baby.

@Mrs.LemonDrop:  I totally understand. I’ve had my thyroid tested over and over. The only time I lost weight was when I was super restricting my calories to 1200. I was faint and lacked energy…but whenever I pushed my calories higher, I plateaued or gained. So frustrating! I work out more than any one I personally know and it kills me that I’m still fat. I was looking good last summer and took my slow progress as better than no progress. Now that I’m pregnant, the first thing people think is “I hope she doesn’t get fat again.” That’s everyone’s number one concern. No pressure, right?

@Tomato22:  The night we told my mom we were expecting, she handed me a magazine where she just read an article called “Pregobesity”. She said it made good points about the “eating for two myth” and she seemed concerned I was going to fall back into my old ways. I know she just wants what is best for me, but she has no room to speak. She was overweight all her life and gained 30 lbs with each pregnancy. 4 kids later, she’s still morbidly obese for her height. I’ve gained 10 lbs since the summer time and I’m slowly trying to forgive myself and my body for the babys sake. I need to find a happy balance.

Post # 495
Hostess
3571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Mrs.Metalm:  Yeah, it really sucks. I work out as much or more than all of my friends (seriously this last month not withstanding. Now I’m a chump at the moment), drink less, etc. But it’s just way harder for me. That sounds like an excuse, but it’s just a statement of fact based on whatever crackpot genetic/boy chemistry combination I have going on over here. 

I’m not eating for two, I’m trying to eat for normal. I’m also reaaaaaallly trying not to weigh myself. I did gain a few pounds, but the last time i weighed myself I was back down to the same as I was on the day I got my BFP. Now that I have next to no appetite, I might even lose a few pounds, but I’m just trying to eat as healthy as I can and as balanced as I can. 

One of the things I liked about my midwife was she said she doesn’t weigh women because she tends to feel like it makes them crazy with the gain too much/not enough lose-lose situation. I also like that I’ll have time to discuss shit with her like my headcase worries about being forever fat after baby, etc. It’s her job to tell me I’m not crazy and it will be ok, and I’m grateful for that because an OB doesn’t have time for it. haha

@Tomato22:  Ugh. Comments like that make me not look forward to telling my family. My mom dropped about 20 pounds this fall and was complaining that her legs are too big yesterday. I wanted to kick her. First of all, my struggles with weight are largely internalized because my mom is a complete nutjob about weight and always has been. I’m sure she starved herself to lose the weight because she goes running really sporadically and does no weightlifiting, and she drinks a metric crap ton of wine. Seriously, she probably drinks at least half a bottle of wine a night. Yes, she’s pretty thin and in decent shape for her age, but she’s not the model of health and I have come to HATE listening to her complain about her weight or appearance. 

The topic ‘October 2014 Babies Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors