(Closed) October 2014 Babies Part 4

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
1647 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

The_Future_KB:  I don’t think I could do office work, I’m just not tolerant enough of annoying people in close quarters like that, yikes!

Post # 18
2216 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

The_Future_KB:  That brings up a great question.

Have you told work yet that you are pregnant?  If so, how did they react?  If not, when do you plan on telling them?

I have not told my boss yet that I am pregnant.  Luckily, I have been able to get through the days, even with my MS and extreme fatigue.  I plan on waiting until the first trimester is over to tell my boss.  I really can’t imagine the conversation, since he is a male without kids, LOL. 

Post # 19
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi all. I’m new to the thread and weddingbee in general. Could I be added to the list?

ROLL CALL!

Due date: 10.18.14 – Although I think maybe a few days earlier due to my cycles usually being shorted than 28 days. I guess we will have a better idea after 12 week scan.

How far along are you? 8 weeks 3 days

What are you hoping for? Boy or girl? Really, a little girl, but we will be happy either way.

Any crazy cravings? Weird aversions? It seems to change on a daily basis, but things seem to be tasting extra strong this week which is not nice. I had some olive oil on bruschetta yesterday and I could really taste the oil to a point it was quite bitter. Darling Husband said it tasted normal to him so I’m guessing its a pregnancy thing.

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? It was my birthday yesterday and I got home from a work trip away in the afternoon to find Darling Husband had bought me the most amazing birthday cake and lovely flowers. As I bonus, I wasn’t feeling sick so I actually got to enjoy the cake too! Also, had my first appt with a midwife today which made it all feel a bit more real and exciting.

<br /><br />

Post # 20
480 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Ugh!!! Weddingbee ate my first roll call 🙁  Or maybe it will show up randomly later…

ROLL CALL!

Due date: October 13, 2014.

How far along are you? 9 weeks 1 day

What are you hoping for? Boy or girl? I am not sure what I am hoping for!  But I feel like it is a boy.

Any crazy cravings? Weird aversions? Food is stressful right now.  Everything is gross, except for fleeting moments where I have a craving. Carbs mostly sit well.

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? <br />My inlaws dropped off some lovely tulips!  But I am most looking forward to this saturday – girls day with shopping, dinner and a palm reading!  I haven’t ever done that before and I am excited… I wonder if they will be able to tell that I am pregnant?!

Another plug for the facebook group – if you want to join the secret (no one can tell you are a part of it or what you pose) group, pm me with the email address you use to log in to facebook with.  We have a very active group over there (especially since the WB change…).

<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”><br /><br /></div>

Post # 21
1647 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

Have you told work yet that you are pregnant?  If so, how did they react?  If not, when do you plan on telling them?

I answered this on another thread, but I told my boss a few weeks ago.    The problem with my work is that I work with chemicals and all kinds of hard manual labour and I’m constantly lying on the floor under cars, doing heave lifting, etc.    Anyway, the government pays my preventative leave, so in reality I should have been off work from the time the stick turned pink, but after a miscarriage in December, I was too scared to tell anyone for almost a month.   I knew if I called my doctor he’d pull me out of work so I just let it go for a while.    Anyway, I finally had to tell my doctor, who filled out the paperwork for me and contacted the appropriate people and pulled me out of work.   I’ve been off for a week now, and I’m 9 weeks 1 day.     With my son, I was off work at 4 weeks.

Post # 23
794 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

ROLL CALL!

Due date: October 5th

How far along are you? 10+2

What are you hoping for? Boy or girl? Girl!!

Any crazy cravings? Weird aversions? No real cravings and a general aversion to food.  But that changes daily.  Yesterday deviled eggs made me gag today I scarfed them down.

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? Haha is it terrible that I am having a difficult time thinking of something??? Probably the sucess of my freezer/crock pot meal creations.<br />

Have you told work yet that you are pregnant?  If so, how did they react?  If not, when do you plan on telling them? Only told 2 coworkers and they were so excited!! I am telling the rest of them/the public this friday!! I cannot wait any longer.<br />

Post # 24
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Due Date: October 22

How far along are you? 8 w

What are you hoping for boy or girl? I just want a healthy baby.

Crazy cravings: chicken fingers and fries!!  Aversion: soup

Best thing that happened this week?  I got to see the baby on the ultrasound!

Have ou told work yet that you are pregnant: No….I am waiting until after the first trimester.

Post # 25
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Due date: October 19th<br />

How far along are you? <br />8 Weeks, 2 Days

What are you hoping for? Boy or girl?

I don’t care, but my family is really rooting for a girl. It’s making me nervous.

Any crazy cravings? Weird aversions?

Not crazy…just really favoring tuna fish salad and pickles. I still can’t eat pork.

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week?

Todays weather. It was 65 degrees and a gorgeous sunset. It gave me hope. Spring is on the way!

Post # 26
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Does anyone have any cute/fun ideas how to announce at work to coworkers?  I’ll be announcing in about 5 weeks and have started thinking about this.  I work in an office with about 17 other people (only 3 males) and we are pretty close (do things together outside of work hours, etc).  Another girl in the office is pregnant and announced the very beginning of January with a cute picture that she emailed to the entire office, so I’m trying to think of something different to do.  I want it to be creative but am stuck!

Post # 27
794 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

misswaiting:  I created this apron online: (I work in a bakery)  Maybe you could make up a cute t-shirt? Okay not sure why it is sideways.  I REALLY hate the new bee 🙁

Post # 28
756 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

ROLL CALL!

Due date: October 13

How far along are you? 9w2d

What are you hoping for? Boy or girl? We’re hoping for a girl, but I think it’s a boy

Any crazy cravings? Weird aversions? I don’t really crave much. I’ve been into soft pretzels though. I have a bunch of aversions. Eggs, ham, shrimp. Who knows what else. They come and go, too. 

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? My mom got to visit yesterday!

Post # 29
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

How do I join the FB page? Once this thread gets passed like 2 pages it’s a pain to look at it on my phone and have to keep clicking “next page” through so many pages.

Due date: Oct 15<br />

How far along are you? 9 weeks today<br />

What are you hoping for? Boy or girl? I think it’s a boy, but it had a very fast heartbeat which the internet tells me is a sign of a girl (DH did his own research and concluded that there’s no statistical correlation)<br />

Any crazy cravings? Weird aversions? No cravings, but I have lots of moments where NOTHING sounds good at all and I can’t figure out what to eat. <br />

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? We had an impromptu ultrasound at the doctor’s office yesterday. It was a bit anticlimactic though. I really didn’t know what was going on and I didn’t realize we could hear the heartbeat until she lost it again. Baby wasn’t cooperating very well. I’ll have my next “official” ultrasound in two weeks at an imaging center. Hopefully the baby cooperates better and the tech explains what part of the blob is the baby. <br />

Post # 30
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Have you told work yet that you are pregnant?  If so, how did they react?  If not, when do you plan on telling them? My boss knows. She was so supportive and excited for me. I’ve been feeling so sick and exhausted lately, so it’s actually been really nice that she knows. I haven’t told HR or “announced” it though. I’ll wait until the second trimester to do that. I actually can’t wait until everyone in my life knows. I hate that I feel so crappy and have to make lame excuses. It’ll be nice when I can just be honest.

The topic ‘October 2014 Babies Part 4’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors