(Closed) October 2014 Babies Part 4

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 47
1647 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

My ultrasound was rescheduled to next Thrusday, and that’s when we will announce.   I’ll be 12.5 weeks

Post # 49
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’ll join in for a little update.

I’m 11W + 5 today. My eating habits have been awful. Baby ultimately decides what I’m going to eat the moment the fork hits my mouth. I’ve left many plates of food behind for something weird like popcorn or a glass of goats milk instead. I don’t really get morning sickness. I just get “I’m hungry…no wait…I’m nauseas.”

I’ve gained 3 lbs since my first OB visit. All boobs. I cannot believe my cleavage right now. I can fool people into thinking I’m “showing” by wearing some maternity clothes and relaxing my belly, but in reality, it’s just bloat.

I got to my NT Scan on the 8th. I’m excited to see the baby again. I’m nervous about going in with a full bladder. I’ve been urinating so often and so urgently, I have a feeling I’m going to be very uncomfortable. I just hope all goes well with the measurements and we get some good pictures.

June cannot come soon enough. I want to know the sex! I am not letting myself get too excited until we know. It’s so tempting to buy little outfits but gender neutral outifts are hard to come by.

We’ve already announced to family and the wildfire of living in a small town has spread. Pretty much, the public knows. But, we’re still going to make an official facebook announcement on our business page. We run an IT company, so I’m going to get a shirt with a loading bar on my belly.

No bump photos yet. Optimistic for spring weather and an outdoor session with my DSLR.

Post # 51
633 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hi ladies,

It’s nice to see a little bit of posting on here. I know most of the group migrated over to Facebook, which makes me sad because I don’t use FB so now I don’t have any other October mommies to chat with πŸ™

I’m 14 weeks now and happily announcing the news publically to everyone. I had my monthly prenatal appointment earlier this week and we got to hear the heartbeat on the doppler which was so awesome. We opted out of the 12 week NT scan ultrasound, so we won’t get to see baby again until mid-May when we have our anatomy scan. I just can’t wait.

I’m still feeling good and my regular clothes still fit. I’ve gained about 2 or 3 pounds (depending on the day) but I know it’s only because I’ve been a lot more permissive with my food than I was pre-pregnancy. I used to eat very paleo and low carb and now I’ve been indulging a lot more in things I wouldn’t have before. I just have to get a grip on that and make sure it doesn’t get out of control, but I think occasional treats here and there.

Hope you ladies are all feeling well and your babies are doing well.

Post # 53
519 posts
Busy bee

maggierose:  I don’t do facebook either. I had to come back and add some life to this board. I was feeling left out!

The_Future_KB:  

I’ve been in maternity pants since 8 weeks. lol. I kind of never want to go back to regular pants. They’re just so darn comfortable!

At this rate, when do you expect to have a “bump”? 

I’m almost 12 weeks now and I just look like a bloated blob. If I “style” myself correctly I could make my bloated gut look like a baby belly, but I know that would just be deluding myself. I want to start taking weekly photos, but not until it looks more like baby and less like fat :p I’m hoping to be noticable by 16 weeks.

Post # 54
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I am glad to hear I am not the only one going through the not hungry to must eat immediately phase and the throwing up and nauseous one minute and hungry the next phase.   Thankfully my husband is very understanding. 

I used to go to the gym everyday and I can’t do it anymore…I’m EXHAUSTED…ALL THE TIME.  I am gaining weight like crazy but I can’t stop eating carbs.  All I want is carbs and cheese….and ice cream! 

I am glad that I am going to be a mommy though so I am taking everything in one day at a time… 

Post # 55
519 posts
Busy bee

I have to share my experience of the NT Scan today. I am 12 weeks, 2 days and my appointment was bright and early. I drank my 32 oz of water during my hour drive to the office and my bladder was nice and full for the ultrasound. The technician took me right back and lubed up my belly in an instant. She pressed the wand to my tummy…right on my bladder (ugh) and there was baby, just laying there. I didn’t know how to react…it was so still. She moved around and showed us the heart beat flickering and took a recording. It was 152 bpm. Still, no movement.

I started getting worried because every youtube video I saw of this procedure, the baby was jumping and twitching. My baby was just laying there, hands by its face. The tech took all the head to rump measurements. I’m right on schedule with my dating.

When it came time to measure the NT, she said “Okay baby, now we got to get you in position.” She took the wand and jiggled my belly with it. The baby threw its hands in the air, like it was annoyed, and rolled over. It was hilarious. My husband said he’s in trouble because the baby is just like me…it likes its comfort. We all had a good laugh and she was able to get a good view of the neck to get my NT measurement. She never said it out loud, but I could see the numbers on the screen which were all around 1.7 mm. I believe that’s a good thing.

It was bitter sweet going to this appointment. The NT scan lets you see your baby again, but it also could bear bad news. But I knew my measurements were good. I couldn’t really enjoy the US because my bladder made me so uncomfortable. My toes were curled up in my shoes the entire time she was rolling around my bladder. It was hard to enjoy.

But Darling Husband is in love. He is so excited now. It’s adorable. He said he wants to “nom its little chicken legs”

πŸ™‚

Here’s our little pumpkin! Not so much a pumpkin seed anymore :p

Post # 56
480 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Mrs.Metalm:  So awesome!  I am jealous of all you ladies that get a NT!  My next ultrasound isn’t until 18-20 weeks πŸ™

puplelishious:  I’ve been scared to step on the scale… Between sleeping all the time, being too nauseous and tired to work out, and only craving carbs, I am sure I am right with you gaining weight like crazy!

I am 13+1 today.  I hope my nausea goes away soon!  I went for dinner at my in-laws last night and I couldn’t eat anything, just one bun.  It is so bad in the evening, ugh. 

Post # 57
1647 posts
Bumble bee

Hi girls!  Just a quick update from  me.

I had my n/t scan a week ago, it was awesome  πŸ˜€   The tech didn’t give me any numbers but she said the nuccal measurement was tiny and it looked fantastic.   We’re 75-80% sure it’s a GIRL, but will have to wait another 6 ish weeks until my anatomy scan to find out for sure.    I am up abou 5 lbs since pre-preg, but nothing since my 8 week appointment.   My doctor is just glad I haven’t lost any, because I can’t afford it.   I’m just over 100 lbs now.   I am wearing maternity clothes just because I have so bloody  many that were given to me, and they’re cuter and more comfy than my regular stuff that still fits.   I have a bit of bloating, but barely anything unless I deliberately stick my stomach out.    I’m 13+2, and the nausea is definitely getting better, even though I’m still on my meds.    

We came out officially on FB last week, so I’ll add a pic of our tiny turkey, and our FB announcement.

Post # 58
1647 posts
Bumble bee

15 weeks, y’all!

Post # 59
519 posts
Busy bee

Purple_Bride:  Yay for bringing some activity to this board! You look GREAT. I’m excited you’re feeling the baby already. I’m 14 weeks now and swear I felt a flutter. This is my first pregancy, so I’m not quite confident if it was baby or not.

The second trimester has been great so far. No queasiness. I have an appetite again for food other than carbs, and today I actually got up and worked out. It felt AWESOME. I’m still in need of mid-afternoon naps. My energy always zonks after mealtime.

This week the husband and I will be taking a picture in front of our business for our facebook pregnancy announcement. I’m excited about that. I got a new lens for my birthday and I’m itching to use it!

Post # 60
519 posts
Busy bee

Here is my “Non-bump” progress. I’m a size 16, 5′ 7″, so I was overweight before I got pregnant. I am not really showing yet. I have only gained 3 lbs so far but I feel like I’ve gained 30. Yuck. Now that the first trimester is over, I hope to start feeling a little more energized and have more of an appetite for healthy foods. I just want a cute bump and this bloated lazy feeling to go away.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  .

The topic ‘October 2014 Babies Part 4’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors