1647 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

19 weeks, 3 days, it’s a GIRL!!!!

Post # 77
1647 posts
Bumble bee

I also started the quilt for the nursery.   I have the back done, I need to go buy some colour specific fabric tomorrow so I can do the front  😀

Post # 78
633 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Just popping in to say hi even though I know this thread isn’t really active anymore. We’re having a baby boy!

Post # 79
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

maggierose:  Congratulations!! How are you feeling? I feel so bad that this thread isn’t kept up for those of you not on facebook. 

Well, in an effort to change that … here’s a run down of things on my end:

~ I’m 21 weeks tomorrow! We hit the halfway mark at 18 weeks (for a twin pregnancy 18 not 20 is halfway). That was really surreal. It’s going by so fast!

~ At 17 weeks I was measuring ahead 7 weeks (so 24 weeks). I go in on June 9 so we’ll see if I’m still tracking 7 ahead! (And, yep, that’s normal for a twin pregnancy. It’s a scale, 3-8 weeks ahead is average, but going even 10 ahead isn’t unheard of.)

~ We are having a boy and a girl!! And we’ve settled on names:  Wyatt and Savannah.

~ They’re moving around like crazy now, and we can feel their kicks from the outside (so awesome). Some days I wonder when they rest!

~ I’ve been feeling really great the last few weeks, and I’m holding on to that feeling with both hands. I am very aware that it won’t last.  :/

~ About the twins: We had our anatomy scan on the 30th and they look great, right on track! Savannah was 13 oz and Wyatt was 12 oz. They are really great sizes for twins right now, so we hope they keep it up!

Here are pics of their profiles from the 20 week ultrasound (not the best, but they’ll do). And a pic of me today at 20 weeks 6 days.

Savannah (Baby A)

Wyatt (Baby B)

Post # 80
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

We found out yesterday that we are having a GIRL!!!! So excited! It’s the first grandaughter in the family! Everyone is extra excited. Here’s how we announced it on facebook:

I’m so happy to finally KNOW! I still have to go back for a follow-up anatomy scan. The ultrasound tech didn’t get clear enough images of baby girls heart. I think she was just in a rush. The scan only lasted 5 minutes, tops. I was disapointed we didn’t get to see the baby longer.

Post # 81
519 posts
Busy bee

JennB_82:  Awesome update! You look great! The twins already look so similar with thier profiles. I love that you have names already. It really helps to “bond” with the babies. We have a name for our baby girl, but we’re avoiding using it in casual conversation because we don’t want to slip in front of family. We’re keeping the name a secret until her birthday so there’s still something to look forward to (and so my picky family won’t make us change our minds about the name we LOVE). Are you feeling out of breath yet? I swear I’m struggling for oxygen. I’m not even that big yet but baby is stealing my oxygen! I was standing in target, looking at baby clothes, and my heart was racing and I was panting. I don’t want to know what’s in store for me once she’s actually squishing my lungs.

Post # 82
519 posts
Busy bee

Purple_Bride:  Cute quilt! I’m overwhelmed trying to settle on bedding for our girls nursery. There’s so many choices but none of them really speak to me.

Post # 83
1647 posts
Bumble bee

I actually finished the quilt!   I had a mini accident though, I sewed THROUGH my thumb with the sewing machine, like, through the nail and out the other side and the needle broke in my finger.   I had to pull it out from the bottom side with pliers… Then I had to go to the clinic to get it checked, and get a tetanus shot.

Literally, blood sweat and tears.

I also got a call back from my OB and I have to go for a repeat ultrasound on Friday because my amniotic fluid was cloudy, so… two more days of that waiting game, I’m only kind of stressed my OB was really good about explaining it and he’s not worried but just wants a better look.   Baby girl looks great, all the measurments are great so that’s a releif.

I also finished a baby quilt for my good friend who’s due a month before I am, I’m planning her shower this month so I have a bunch of stuff to do.   

I’ve also been busy sewing up a storm, I’ve made two dresses, and I ran out today and bought more knit to make more dresses in different colours, HAHA.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  Purple_Bride.
Post # 84
1647 posts
Bumble bee

Oh yea, I had an OB appointment today, and I gained 1.5 lbs since last month.    2.5 lbs total.    My OB is happy that I’ve gained a little, since I’m still sick.   I’ve cut down on my Diclectin a lot, I didn’t take one last night and I threw up this morning, so I have to go back on the pills, but cut the dose a bit more.    Maybe eventually I’ll not have to take them anymore, lol.

Post # 85
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Mrs.Metalm:  Purple_Bride:  you both look so cute! I so hope I find out the sex of our babe on 16/6 and it’s a girl! I’ll be 16 weeks 4 days at that appt. When did you ladies find out? 

Post # 86
1647 posts
Bumble bee

I was given an educated guess at 12 weeks then confirmed at 19 weeks.

Post # 88
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Mrs.Metalm:  Thank you! I agree, being able to call them by name is really nice. We’ve only told our parents and my best friend the names. I think I may revewal the names at the showers, but I’m still debating.

And yes, I am so out of breath all the time! It’s been going on for a while now. Going up the stairs is ridiculous sometimes. Keeping up with my DH’s long strides was never a problem but now it’s so hard. And bending down to pick things up? It’s like I’m forced to hold my breath. Can. not. breathe!

Post # 89
83 posts
Worker bee

I’m super late to this party but hello everyone!

ROLL CALL!

Due date: October 10th<br />

How far along are you? Almost 22 weeks<br />

What are you hoping for? Boy or girl? It’s a boy! Just like I wanted. <br />

Any crazy cravings? Weird aversions? Just been cravings fruit and sweets. Aversions to chocolate and the smell of it. <br />

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week?My wedding (which is Sunday) and all planned and ready to go. And I fit my dress!!<br />

<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”><br /><br /></div>

The topic ‘October 2014 Babies Part 4’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors