(Closed) October 2014 Babies Part 4

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 91
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Truffle-hunter:  My OB office won’t do a scan any earlier than 20 weeks. So I was 20 weeks and 2 days. I was dying to find out earlier but never had the chance.

Post # 92
519 posts
Busy bee

Purple_Bride:  You’re quite the seamstress! But I gagged a little envisioning your injury. That sounds awful! The dresses you made look so comfortable but feminine. I have been searching the web for a pretty, comfortable maternity dress for my shower this august, but everything in plus size is so drab.

Post # 93
2814 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Can I join you ladies? I am due Sept 23rd.. there doesn’t seem to be a Sept group on the bee (I think they all moved to FB).

Post # 94
1647 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

We’re mostly active on FB too, but we’re not picky, lol.   Welcome  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 96
2814 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’ll probably just hang out on this thread, I’m not much of a FB’er lol.

Post # 97
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

urchin:  Welcome!!  Like The_Future_KB said we’re mostly on the FB group (completely private, no one but us see posts; just incase you change your mind).  But a few of us, I’m trying to get better at this, try to post updates every now and then.

As for me (and the twins):

22 weeks today, yay! So close to viability. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m currently measuring 27 weeks. Feeling pretty good right now. I’m up 10 lbs, and starting to feel okay about the weight gain. Avoiding the outside like a plague! It is miserably humid here (Northern VA), and I start to swell if I’m outside too long. I heard a couple weeks back that the humidity is going to be off the charts this summer. So that should be fun, haha.

I had an OB appt on Monday. They’ve scheduled my glucose test for July 7. After that I’ll be starting appts every two weeks. We started discussing delivery options. I won’t be allowed to go past 38 weeks so I’m looking at an induction if I make it that far. And if Savannah (A) is breech I can’t attempt a vaginal delivery. Nothing I wasn’t expecting to hear, but glad it’s been officially said by the docs.

Post # 99
519 posts
Busy bee

I have a stubborn little girl!

I went to my 20 week anatomy scan 2 weeks ago and the tech was able to get most of the images, but since I have an anterior placenta, and baby is facing my spine, she couldn’t get good images of her heart.

So, here we are, two weeks later for a follow up ultrasound and baby still didn’t move. She was kicking up a storm, standing right on my bladder, but she refused to roll over. The tech shook my belly, I tried laying on my side, nothing worked.

I now have to go back again in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. I’m thrilled to get to see my baby so often, but the mileage I’m traveling and the work I’m missing is getting a little annoying now. Leave it to a little girl to be too comfortable to roll over. :p

Anyone else dealing with a stubborn munchkin?

I haven’t even gotten a good profile shot of her face because her back is to us. All the images of her look like a demonic skull because the tech has to penetrate through her head to get pictures. It’s kind of scary looking.

Post # 101
519 posts
Busy bee

Just checking in after my 3rd Anatomy Scan. Baby girl was finally big enough/I was able to lay on my side for a better view…and the tech was able to get good images of her heart. All 4 chambers looked strong and healthy. As a bonus, I FINALLY got a profile picture of her little face. This makes it so much more REAL.

In other news: She is kicking up a storm! I finally feel her a bit higher than my bladder/cervix which is such a relief. She was really making me uncomfortable! I am really trying to crack down on my eating habits and get my nutrition in line. I’ve had one too many summer ice cream cones “for the baby”. I am also feeling the fatigue again. I can’t seem to keep my eyes open at work. It’s like the 1st trimester all over again. And my hands are swelling up like crazy in this heat/humidity. It’s miserable. By the end of the day I can barely pry off my wedding rings. Luckily, no feet swelling yet. I will be hitting up my parents pool quite often as I get bigger and more unbearably hot.

How’s everyone else doing? Have a good holiday!

Post # 103
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hi everyone!

Just checking in.  Everything is going well so far.  We are at 26 weeks, weight is good, anatomy is good, heart rate is good.  In the next two weeks, I’ll have my glucose/blood test. 

I am starting to feel tired more often and the “pregnancy brain” is not a myth.  Also I am waking up once every night to go to the restroom, but I am getting used to it.

I can’t wait to meet my little guy!  3 more months and 1 week!

Post # 105
633 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

puplelishious:  The_Future_KB:  Nice to hear all is well with you ladies!

I just thought I’d pop by and check in, too. I’m just about 29 weeks, and still feeling pretty good. My main complaints are the breathlessness I feel doing simple things, and sometimes my lower back will feel a little achey after sitting in my chair at work all day. But overall, I really can’t complain! I get up about once a night to pee so it’s not too bad. I’ve gained about 23 pounds so far. Baby is measuring right on track. I passed my glucose test, too, which I was happy about. We finished up our series of childbirth classes last week (Hypnobabies) and I’m just busy working on the nursery and a billion other little things we have to get organized – finding a pediatrician, hospital tour, meeting with our doula, finalizing my birth plan, and just a bunch of other things that seem to be creeping up here since October will be here before we know it!

My one bummer is that I’m not having a baby shower, which I’ve been upset about but just trying to be happy that we’re having a healthy baby that I wanted for a long, long time.

The topic ‘October 2014 Babies Part 4’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors