(Closed) October 2014 Bees- did you buy your dress yet??

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 33
1182 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I haven’t stopped thinking about a dress that I tried on in October with friends. On the 18th, I’ll be ordering my Barbara Allin dress when my Mom, sister, and two aunts will be coming with me to order it. 

Post # 34
2461 posts
Buzzing bee

@shorebride105:  Thank you!!!!!! I felt the same way. I wanted to feel beautiful and skinny…..now to suck that stomach in a little bit would be perfect but it’s not required for this dress because I already felt skinny – more of a personal goal.

I had ALWAYS dreamed of being in a big poofy ballgown but wanted straps….this dress gave me the perfect amount of poof and I actually felt like the ballgowns accentuated the wrong area. I tried a couple “ballgown” styles that weren’t as poofy but then I didn’t feel like they were poofy enough lol. I am so picky, so I was totally surprised (as were my mom, and BM’s that came with) that I was able to find something I loved that first appointment.

I have to say I’m also jealous of you girls that have a 10/4/14 date – I wanted that but the 25th was the ONLY Saturday left in October at our venue.

Post # 35
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - UK

@shorebride105:  I got a bit overzealous and bought mine in July! It arrived last month.

Post # 36
12 posts
Newbee

I bought mine yesterday!

It should arrive in May/June, which is plenty of time for alterations! 🙂

Just FYI, some of the dresses I was originally interested in had a lead time of 6/8 months, so I was given until the end of January at the latest to buy, otherwise I’d risk not being able to alter properly.

Post # 37
29 posts
Newbee

Yes, I actually bought one in July and just exchanged it for a different one in December!

This is it!

Post # 38
632 posts
Busy bee

@shorebride105:  Mine is being made by a seamstress collective type set up and it’s well under way! I’m so excited! There’s not really that much to see right now (it’s not even halfway finished) but I feel like the lady making it really gets my ‘vision’ and I know she’s going to do an awesome job! 

Post # 39
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Savannah, GA

I bought mine in September and I bought the sample dress so I’ve been storing it at my parent’s house.  I’m extremely indecisive so it was shocking that I only tried on three dresses and saved the one I chose as the last because I knew it was the one even before trying it on.  I thought the opposite would be the case, where I would have to visit many, many stores before choosing one.  Hopefully I won’t have any dress regret before the big day.  So far, so good.

Post # 40
248 posts
Helper bee

@shorebride105:  Hey date twin!  I ordered my dress on October 7th.  It hasn’t come in yet but thats fine 🙂  You still have some time but don’t leave it too long. 

Post # 41
803 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Greenbrier Country Club

I got my dress forever ago. Ha. That was like the 3rd thing I did…
Set the date
Made a theme
got my dress!
Ha

Don’t worry. You have time. 🙂

Post # 43
354 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@blushbambi:  Wow!! Which dress is that? it’s lovely!

Post # 44
1002 posts
Bumble bee

We are the prettiest group of brides ever!

Yay October brides!!

Post # 45
1075 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Vine Street Church

I was married in October 2013, but by January 2013, I had in fact purchased my dress.

Post # 46
140 posts
Blushing bee

Another 10/4/14 bride here! I bought my dress in October of last year (it should be here in March!) Excuse my tan line lol. I went to the bech for my birthday right before this.

The topic ‘October 2014 Bees- did you buy your dress yet??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors