(Closed) October 2014 Brides!

posted 5 years ago in October 2014
Post # 3
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Yay, another October bride! I’m getting married 10/3/14 and already starting to plan 🙂 We found a venue already but have to wait until June 3rd to book at the 16 month mark! My advice would be to book your engagement session for this year and start planning color palette, theme, and thinking about your bridal party. 

Post # 5
181 posts
Blushing bee

We are booking a place called Still Water Hollow, it’s an outdoor, rusti-y venue with an old chapel. I love it! Our colors are mint, pink and charcoal grey. Oooh,I love yellow and grey together! 

I’ve got my dress already (I fell in love and had to buy it), my shoes, our photographer is picked out, our baker is chosen, and working on the other details all the time! 

Post # 7
181 posts
Blushing bee

Aww, thank you! I knew the second we toured it that I had to be married there. We’re thinking cupcakes for guests with a small cake for us to cut. What about you? 

I also googled your venue…um, GORGEOUS!! I love Japanese gardens! I can only imagine how beautiful your photos are going to be! 

Post # 9
513 posts
Busy bee

I’m getting married 10/12/14 and here’s what I have done so far:

-Booked venue

-Booked photographer (we did these two right after we got engaged), scheduled E-session

-Scheduled tasting with caterer who we will most likely book since my sister used him

-Booked wedding cooridnator

-Picked colors

-Picked bridal party

-Drafted guest list

-Started assembling playlist for ceremony/reception

-Picked a few dresses online to try on (won’t be doing that til later in the year)

-Started planning the “vision” for the wedding: having doors at the base of the aisle (it’s an outdoor wedding), what the centerpieces will look like, the general vibe of the day.

Book your key vendors early so you have your first choice. We are getting married on a popular weekend in October – Columbus Day – so I got started as soon as we got engaged.

Post # 11
181 posts
Blushing bee

@newcitylights:  Dang girl, you are on a roll! That’s so awesome! I love that you’re having doors at the base of your aisle for an outdoor ceremony! 

Post # 12
1570 posts
Bumble bee

I am also not “ring engaged” (thats what I call a couple that is not engaged with a ring on her finger but is planning the wedding…Because honestly if you are planning a wedding your engaged)

I have started ALLLL the planning but have not put money down on ANYTHING as of yet. Our colors are going to be Orange, Green, Red, Yellow, and the always beautiful white (can you tell our wedding is very autumny). Everything is going to be DIY. I cant wait til this autumn so I can start practicing making the flowers for my bouquets which will be mainly made our of maple leaves with other things to give it some sparkle.

Post # 13
175 posts
Blushing bee

October 2014 bee here!

We will be gerring married on Oct 18th, 2014. 

So far we have bboked

1) the Church

2) The reception venue

3) the Caterer

Also I won a $1000 dollar wedding flower gift certificate the other day for only $380 so we kind of have the flowers taken care of.

My colours are cranberry and gold.

Post # 14
205 posts
Helper bee

October 11, 2014 bee!

We’ve only been engaged for 3 weeks, and we’ve booked our venue, chosen our caterer, booked the band and photographer.

Here’s a peak of our venue (set up at 2 different weddings). It’s actually backstage of a really old theatre. Behind where the band is set up (in the first photo), a skrim drops, and behind that is 2 levels of theatre seating. In the second photo, it shows the balcony, where our cocktail hour will be. I couldn’t be more excited!!!! 🙂

Post # 15
293 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@Soon2BMrsC21:  that is a beautiful venue!!!!!

I’ve seen people have dance floors outside – not sure how they did it but it definitely looked cool!

I’m getting married on 10.24.14 I guess you can say I’m not “ring engaged” either…I did have a ring long story short – we cancelled, got back together, and somehow my ring ended up lost so FH is saving up for another one so I hope to have it soon…in the meantime I’ve been planning and have a lot done!

venue booked, photographer booked, DJ booked, STD’s created – just need to edit them with a new picture when we take our engagement photos in either Sept/Oct, invitations picked out, started working on guest list, budget set, church in mind but can’t book until Sept/Oct, colors & theme chosen, have bridal party in mind but need to ask again, tuxes are pretty much chosen as well, flowers are somewhat chosen, and i think that’s about it

Post # 16
Hostess
8579 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

10/31/14 here and we’ve already got a huge list of things accomplished!

What I did was started a weddingwire.com account, and added every single item that I’d need for the wedding, broken down into categories, like food, ceremony, reception, ect.

This has REALLY helped me stay on track, know how much i’ve spent, and what I still need to get.

Here’s an example :

The topic ‘October 2014 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors