(Closed) October 2014 Ladies, Introduce Yourselves

posted 8 years ago in October 2014
Post # 47
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Hi everyone!

I am another Oct 4 bride.  My Fiance and I have been dating for 4.5 years and are very excited to be getting married.  We will be in our mid 30’s when we get married, we can’t wait to get married and start our family.

Nice to meet everybody.

Post # 48
2461 posts
Buzzing bee

@soinlove79:  We are engagement date twins! I’m getting married 10/25/14 though – so a little different on wedding day dates 🙂

Post # 49
2461 posts
Buzzing bee

My name is Nicole and FI’s name is Jeremy. We met online and started getting together 11/1/12, started dating December of 2012 and got engaged 7/17/13 right before going up to a three day outdoor concert where we would be spending the entire weekend with my parents andsome extended family. I’m 23 (will be almost 25 by the time we get married…December birthday), and Fiance is 27 (will be 28 by the time we get married).

I am a nurse and Fiance works in construction. We rent a townhome together and plan on buying a house the year after we get married, and also starting a family.

Planning-wise…we have the venue booked, cake maker, photographer (just did a session of e-pics!), both our wedding bands, my dress is in my mom’s closet now, the girls’ are picked out and we basically have the men’s tuxes picked out. I have the centerpiece idea, just need to finish buying the stuff so I can put them together this winter…Save the date’s will be going out in February…have an idea for invites, just have to get the paper and supplies to make them…I’m making the veil and my sister is making the garter…officiant is booked. Flowers are picked out – just need to get them so I can put them together

doing fake so I can cut costs and keep my bouquet. Need a DJ and shoes for all of us (the guys are doing tennis shoes that all match), as well as gifts for the bridal party and jewelry (I’m wearing the pearls Fiance gave me for our anniversary last winter).

Post # 50
282 posts
Helper bee

I haven’t introduced myself yet!

My name is Sara and I’m a 10/2514 bride from Madrid, Spain.

Fiance and I have been together since 05/11/11 and started talking marriage last Spring, but we decided we wanted to get married in Autumn 2014 in August.

Fiance is an airline pilot with a nice well-paid and stable job, and I’m about to finish my undergraduate degree in February!

Post # 51
1182 posts
Bumble bee

Hi fellow bees!

My fiancé Andrew and I have been together since 2001, when we were 15 years old. We are getting married October 4, 2014. My Fiance is a storyboard artist and I am a former wedding blogger turned law clerk. 

We have the photographer, ceremony and reception venue,  and officiant booked. Along with some ideas for the cake, centrepieces, and rexception decor. 

I am so stoked to be talking to other brides-to-be! 

Post # 52
170 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

My fiancé and I are getting married 10/11/2014. He proposed to me in May 2013. We will be together for almost 3 years as of January 2014. We are having a destination wedding in Cabo and are expecting about 60 guests ( inviting 100). I have a pretty demanding work schedule, so my current gameplan is to plan as much as possible while I still feel like we have plenty of time. My fiancé has also been uber helpful and engaged in the planning process. We have the venue ( locked down just 2 months after the engagement; a small boutique hotel that we essentially bought out so we could have it to ourselves and guests), a planner, photographer, officiant, and three weeks ago found THE dress! Our self-funded budget is roughly $38K, not including honeymoon and wedding bands, which we increased due to a few reality checks, but our budget accommodates travel and lodging expenses for our closest family and friends, which we are very excited about.  I continue to enjoy the planning process, and locking down the finer details, and being a member of this online community( if only mostly a lurker) has really enhanced the enjoyment!

Post # 53
6 posts
Newbee

Hello fellow October bees!

My name is Morgan and my amazing fiancé’s name is James. We started dating in January of 2011 after having known each other since 2006. We both worked in a restaurant. I was about to leave for college and he was just getting out of the military. I always knew that there was something incredibly special about him.

He proposed to me on January 24th, the 2nd anniversary of us being together. We’re tying the knot on 10/11/14 because October is our favorite month.

In terms of planning, we are so fortunate to have a wedding planner (she especially helps to keep my mother in check lol) so we pretty much have all of the big things already locked down: Venue, Caterer, DJ, Florist. We’re finding it hard to stay within our budget though! Our budget is $20,000 for 170+ guests.

We’re just ready to get married and continue this wonderful adventure of life, together. 🙂

Post # 54
67 posts
Worker bee

Hi everyone!

My name is Nicole. My Fiance and I have been together for almost 4 years; he proposed on NYE last year. We are gearing up for our October 11, 2014 wedding. We are having an Art Deco/Gatsby inspired wedding here in Los Angeles. Already booked: venue (where both ceremony and reception will be; food/drink included), DOC, photographer, DJ, florist, makeup artist (my cousin), and dress purchased. We are getting our STDs out after the holidays. Now Fiance is going to handle the hotel block and rehearsal dinner, while I find a hair stylist and continue working on centerpieces (sourcing from flea markets). I’ve decided to have totally mismatches bridesmaid dresses, letting my girls pick out any emerald dress they want–so far, so good! 4 of the 6 maids have their dresses. Really looking forward to the rest of planning!

Post # 55
21 posts
Newbee

My name is Rebecca, & I’m from Ontario, Canada!

My Fiance and I are getting married 18/10/14. He proposed 31/05/13 at a Chris Young/Lee Brice/Brad Paisley concert. We’ve been together 4.5 years, and on the same day we got engaged – the purchase of our first house together finalized!

I feel like we’ve got a pretty good handle on things, and everything ‘big’ that could’ve happened has happened: my best friend dropped out of my wedding, our venue was listed for sale, and I had a severe dress meltdown and ended up cancelling it.

BUT IT’S ALL OKAY NOW, ha! Looking forward to following and planning with all you lovely bees!

Post # 56
53 posts
Worker bee

My name is Holly. I am 27 and from Missouri (Kansas City area.) I have been with my fiance Cory for almost 2 1/2 years, though I have known him for about 10 years. We live together in a loft with my cats Stella and Rhett, my rescue Puggle, Randy and our rambunctious foster pup Leonard.

We are planning my dream Breakfast at Tifffany’s themed wedding. I adore Audrey Hepburn. I am so excited to be here and share ideas with all of you!

Post # 57
114 posts
Blushing bee

Hi fellow October brides! My name is Rebecca and Fiance and I have been together since 10/10/2010. We just got engaged Christmas eve! We decided to have a private wedding in Turks & Caicos on our anniversary this year rather than a big event. However, we will host a big dinner party slash “reception” about a month after we get back home. 

Post # 58
1123 posts
Bumble bee

Hey everyone! 

I’m Audrena and my fiancé is Tim. We are getting married 10.11.14. We have been together for almost three years but have known eachother since I was 13 years old!

I have the venue booked, our photographer and DJ booked and we are meeting with an officiant this weekend. I have also bought some decor pieces. Oh and I jit’s bought my dress!! Our original budget for our wedding was 20k but it’s quickly turning into a 35k wedding and may hit 40 by the time we get back from our honeymoon. I didn’t realize how quickly everything adds up!

Post # 59
481 posts
Helper bee

Hello October ladies.  I hope there is room for one more.  We have had to move our wedding to 10.25.14 due to family illness.  Fall has always been our favorite time of year, so happy that we have made the move.

Right now I’ve confirmed with all my vendors of the new wedding date without incident, minus the photog… so I’ve hired a new one who I love even more. 

Now it’s just waiting a bit and figuring out minor details.  Whew. 

My wedding was supposed to be 3.1.14 so I’m feeling a little weird.  But it’s all good.

Things happen and you overcome, right? 🙂

Post # 60
1337 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@MissSangria:  For sure!!

Fiance and I have been engaged for almost THREE YEARS.  He was separated from his ex-wife when we met, and after a four-year fight, he is finally divorced. 

We’d planned to marry in March, so that he would be able to apply for a green card before his work visa expired, but that’s not going to happen…

So, instead, we’re planning an October 12, 2014 wedding (Canadian Thanksgiving weekend) so that all of the family can travel down from Canada and not have to take time off from work.

We have NOTHING under contract.  We’re negotiating with the venue, the photog, the DJ, and on and on.  I have our checkbook at the ready, though…

Post # 61
273 posts
Helper bee

Hey Ladies!

So excited to be joining you on this board as it’s a year closer than we originally thought! My Fiance and I have been together for 3 years, planning to get married on the 31st October (it’s the Friday in the school half term here!), and got engaged on the 15th December last year.

Planning is moving pretty quickly really – invoice for the venue deposit is on its way to us, I think we’ve found our caterers today and we’ve been on our church’s marriage prep course and have arranged the flowers for the church!

Everyone keeps asking if we are ok to organise it all in 10 months, but I’m seriously calm about it all! Most nerve wracking thing is psyching myself up to go dress shopping. Bridesmaids dresses are done, groom & best man’s suits chosen, just my outfit to go!

The topic ‘October 2014 Ladies, Introduce Yourselves’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors