(Closed) October 2014 Ladies, Introduce Yourselves

posted 6 years ago in October 2014
Post # 62
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Hey October Bees!

My name is Misty in Atlanta and I am marrying the man of my dreams on Sunday 10/12/2014!  We decided on a Sunday because venues are much cheaper and it’s the day before Columbus Day, so hopefully most people will get the next day off work.  My love and I have been together for 2 years and he proposed to me July 2013 at my family reunion. 

So far we have picked out our wedding bands, booked the venue (which includes the food and cake, drinks, and decor), the DJ, and the videographer, and we will be sending our Save The Dates out this weekend.  I have purchased my dress, shoes, and accessories and decided on the bridesmaids dresses, shoes, and hair.  But I am feeling slightly overwhelmed as we have a ton of things to do!  Thankfully we have some time left. 

Congratulations beautiful bees and thanks in advance for all the help we will provide to each other!

Post # 63
1841 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Dapsqueen:  A date twin!  Yay for 10-12-14!!!

Post # 64
2587 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - UK

Waitingbee57:  We gave our first invitation out over the weekend! Haha, the best man and his fiance were visiting, so we rushed a bit to get theirs ready so we could give it to them! The rest should be going out in the next couple of weeks though, which is pretty exciting.

FINALLY got Bridesmaid dresses sorted as well, so everything that needs to be booked is booked, it’s just getting all the payments and arrangements made now – we’ve got the menu tasting at the venue in a couple of weeks, working on getting certificates sorted for the church and registry office, and once we’ve had the meeting at the venue, I’ll arrange one with the florist as well!

Post # 65
4892 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I don’t think I ever filled this out, or saw this post, when I first stumbled on the October 2014 brides page!

My name is Kacie, and I’m getting married on October 17, 2014. My FI’s name is Blair, and we had been together for 3 years and about 3 months when he proposed in February 2014. We met through a mutual friend the day before Thanksgiving 2010, who he used to work with and who I met/knew through an ex-boyfriend of mine… so, you never know what the end of one chapter will bring when a new chapter begins!

We had looked at rings a couple weeks prior to that, but figured I’d be waiting another year or so before he proposed… but nope, total surprise! He included 2 of his nephews in asking me, as they were dressed up and carried the bag in which the ring box was in. Those boys mean to the world to him, so it was an adorable proposal.

We decided on October, as I had always wanted a Fall wedding, but also didn’t want to wait another year to get married. We’re both in our 30’s, and waiting any longer… he’ll be closer to 40! *lol* Once we set a date and got a lot of the major vendors booked – I was feeling much better.

We have our reception venue, ceremony venue, officiant, photographer, band, my dress, and bridesmaid dresses done already. I’m working on getting us registered at a few stores, and then looking at flowers and cake options. I am hoping to have that stuff done by the end of June. We’ll also be picking out the guys’ suits and his wedding band by the end of June. July is focused on invitations so they can be sent out by mid–August (we didn’t send STDs).

I know we have other stuff to do (write up our ceremony, songs for cocktail hour/dinner, photo slideshow, ceremony program, some DIY decor items for the reception, and some other stuff)… but those are minor (to me) and can easily be done over time.

Post # 67
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - The Wayside Inn

Hi everyone! I posted in the roll call, but not here. I’m Lola and my fiancee is Crystal. We’ve been together for about four and a half years, and engaged since last July. We’re getting married in my hometown outside of Boston on October 19th. Our loose ‘theme’ is art deco and travel inspired, since we lived in different countries for about half the time we’ve been together. Our colors (fig, bronze, silver) are inspired by the New England fall and art deco train stations.

Most of our plans are in place, but we need to pick a band or DJ and figure out bridesmaids dresses still! There’s plenty of time to go, but I’ll be living abroad again for the next two months. It’s already been tough enough planning the wedding from where we live, a few states away from our venue, with a few of our vendors based in NYC and the rest in Boston. Thank goodness for the internet, otherwise I’m sure none of it would be possible!

Post # 68
2743 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

Waitingbee57:  Booked my officient, and photographer last week. I’m addressing my save the dates this week, and working my custom invites. I have bridesmaids scheduled for the end of june for dresses.  I picked the style already. I am working the welcome party as well right now. Hoping to set up the planning phone call with disney for early next month. I also am starting to look at a brooch bouquet for myself, and a top hat facinator.

Post # 69
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Easton\'s Beach Rotunda Ballroom

Hello ladies!

My name is Amy and I started dating my Fi, Nate, in 2002 (we met 4 days into our freshman year of college). We got proposed on our 11th anniversary this past September and are going to be getting married 2 weeks after our 12th anniversary on October 5th.

I’ve just placed the order for our invites and I can’t wait to start putting them together. Most of the big stuff was completed months ago and it’s now just the little things, aka getting things to work. 

I can’t believe how close our wedding is getting!

The topic ‘October 2014 Ladies, Introduce Yourselves’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors