(Closed) October 2014 Mamas!!!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 362
1647 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

@Mrs.LemonDrop:  

it was in 2010 and i never filled the Rx, lol   I’m pretty sure thats what it was called otherwise i wouldn’t remember the name, but I might be mistaken

ill check what he gives me this time.

are you in the states?   I know we have different meds here, for example I can buy 222s with codeine and diclectin….

Post # 363
Hostess
3571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Purple_Bride:  I am in the states – but my family lives on an island in the middle of the Detroit river so I’m pretty familiar with some of the awesome things about Canada, like the better over the counter drugs (Although I can’t be bothered to deal with border patrol for something like that). 

Were you pregnant when he gave it to you? It’s totally fine for non-pregnant ladies. I’m totally not a doctor, but I had an yeast infection in the TWW and googled the medicine guidelines so I just remember it coming up repeatedly, lol. Obviously, do whatever you’re comfortable with. : ) 

Post # 364
1647 posts
Bumble bee

@Mrs.LemonDrop:  

I am pretty sure of when I ovulated becauseI was using OPKs, but I think you’re right.  I checked some charts and there’s a pretty wide range.   Most of them are confusing because they go by LMP but that assumes you have a 28 day cycle, and I KNOW I ovulated 4 days later than I used to before my m/c.  I ovulated on the 24th after positive OPKs on the 22 and 23rd, but my CD1 was on the 6th on January.

Post # 365
1647 posts
Bumble bee

@Mrs.LemonDrop:  

Yup, I was pregnant.   He’s my OB I only see him when pregnant (or for a pap) I don’t have a family doctor  :/

But anyway, I’d have to find the paper to be sure, maybe I’m wrong about the name of the drug  ๐Ÿ™‚

I brought a bottle of 222s down to Vermont for my friend, and only AFTER did I realize how much of a fine I’d have to pay if I got caught… I didn’t know it was illegal, just thought it wasn’t sold down there, oops!   I won’t do that again, lol.   I also brought Kinder Eggs for her kids, again because I just thought they didn’t have them, not the reason behind why they’re not sold in the US.   It think the reason it pretty freakin’ stupid, but I’m not going to pay a huge fine because of it, lol.

Post # 366
Hostess
3571 posts
Sugar bee

@Purple_Bride:  Yeah, I wouldn’t worry too much. I don’t think they’re an exact science. I almost bought one the other day though! But then I was a little sad because they only showed “1-2, 2-3, 3+” and I was hoping to save it a few days and use it this week to make sure that I’m still where I should be roughly. But I’d already be on the 3+ now. Heck, maybe I still will. I’m kind of surprised that I didn’t really have the desire to take a ton of digitals until now, lol! 

I didn’t even use a wondfo today. I keep getting the same darkness at this point (it’s not darker than the test line, but those things are so cheap, I think it’s just topped out for me/this batch or whatever). I’m more crampy today though so I’m trying to just keep telling myself that I am pregnant. 

Post # 367
1647 posts
Bumble bee

@Mrs.LemonDrop:  

It’s weird I was SURE the ones I bought last time had 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, and 5+ or something, I guess I was wrong.   

Anyway, I’m not going to freak out just yet, I know all my FRERs have been getting darker, and all my cheapies too, so I’m not THAT worried.   I’ll test again on CD18 I think.    And maybe I’ll go buy another box so I can test a week after that, LOL.

Oy, I have a pee stick problem.     I need Public Service Announcement   Pee Sticks Annonymous

Post # 368
Hostess
3571 posts
Sugar bee

@Purple_Bride:  OMG, seriously, the US is super babied on some things. I don’t remember what the deal with kinder eggs is, but I know I read it once. I have to admit though, I’m guilty of bringing home boxes of amoxicillin from abroad for my mom who didn’t have health insurance and one for us when we came home for good – just in case. Sometimes you just know you need it and don’t want to drop >$100 on a silly office visit. 

Also, it occured to me. Maybe the studies that the FDA has were post-2010? Or maybe they weren’t published in a journal/or by a lab recognized by the Canadian gov..

Post # 369
Hostess
3571 posts
Sugar bee

@Purple_Bride:  Haha. Dh keeps telling me that I must “just like peeing on things.” And no, I don’t think you’re crazy. I SWEAR I saw one the other day that said “3-4.” I’m wondering if it was a Canada or Europe bee or if the big box store I was at didn’t have the variation or something.

Post # 370
660 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I have been lurking and enjoying all the posts.  I’m not too familiar with the lingos, but I shall do my best. I just found out I’m pregnant this Tuesday! Super Exciting!! Had US on Wednesday to dtermine how far along I was. 5w4d.  I regret that I didn’t request a copy of the US.  Plan to get US in a few weeks again.

I have so many questions, but haven’t told anyone I’m pregnant so I’m in a bind.  First question: How often are you suppose to get US?  How did you guys pick your OBGYN?

Congrats to all the Oct Baby Mamas!!!

Post # 371
1647 posts
Bumble bee

At least these look reassuring…  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 372
Hostess
3571 posts
Sugar bee

Hi, and Congrats! I’m a little behind you at about 5 weeks 0 days.

Ultrasounds will just depend on your insurance, your provider, and whether you’re high risk. I’ve heard of some people getting a lot and other’s getting none (although I think none is very extreme).

We’re going to go with midwife care, so I have interviews/consulations lined up with 2 midwifes and I’m working on nailing down a time with a 3rd. We’ll be choosing based on our comfort level, professionalism, alignment of philosophies on birth, etc. We haven’t decided how many ultrasounds we want to ask for, but we know we want at least the 18-20 week gender scan. Obviously, if we go late, we’ll want another US to check on the placenta, etc. I think a lot of people end up with about 6-8 weeks, 12 weeks, 18-20 weeks, and towards the end. 

Post # 373
1647 posts
Bumble bee

@Mrs.LemonDrop: 

You know what, maybe that’s it.    All my other ones came from the pharmacy, this one came from Wal-Mart…    

Post # 374
965 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@Mrs.LemonDrop:  I sure hope that the hormone keeping me awake is the same or similar to one that will wake me up when the baby cries!  I sleep hard – as in I legit could sleep through a hurricane or tornado and never know it hit!  DH is amazed at my ability to fall asleep and stay asleep…apparently waking me up is like trying to wake the dead! ๐Ÿ˜€

@Purple_Bride:  Pee Sticks Anonymous!!  That’s great!  I would definitely need to join that support group…I only have the digi left and I’m already getting jittery about not having any more!  DH would be so mad at me if I bought more though haha!

@Ms. Sparkles:  Welcome mama!  Congratulations! ๐Ÿ™‚  From what I’ve gathered, it really depends on your OB as to how many u/s they do.  Some just do them 2-3 times and some do them every 4 weeks.  I’m not due to have my first one until March 6th, so I’m not sure how my dr. office does things.  As for picking an OB, I asked my friends who have had babies in the last year or 2 and several of them recommended a particular dr.  So I went and saw her for an annual exam last year and LoVeD her!  Good luck finding the right one for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 375
1647 posts
Bumble bee

Is anyone else battling the bloat already?    I’ve started using the hair tie through the jeans button hole trick for comfort… I mean, my jeans do up and they’re not tight, but not comfy either, lol.    Bleurgh.

Post # 376
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@Purple_Bride:  Oh god, the bloat is so bad the later in the day it gets! At this rate I’ll need a belly band soon.

The topic ‘October 2014 Mamas!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors