(Closed) October 2014 POAS

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 136
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
journeyintime:  I’m in the same boat as you. First month off the pill in 10 years. I was really regular before going on it but who knows now. All my dates are pure speculation. Even though I’m not expecting it to happen first time out of the gate I’ll still be disappointed if we get a BFN. 

Post # 137
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m heading out of town until my POAS date! It’s getting close and being away from DH will keep me from testing early.

Post # 138
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
HeyJude72:  Yay you got your list posted ๐Ÿ™‚ So cute!

So question for everyone…can short, light AFs affect getting pregnant? Before I was ever on BC, my periods were 4-6 days, heavy for 2-3, medium for a couple, and light for one. Then when I was on the depo shot (2 yrs) and then implanon (3 yrs), I didn’t have a period. Then I was on the pill (8 mos) my period were around 3 days and pretty light. Well, I figured that after coming off of BC in April, my periods would be longer and heavier. But they really aren’t. My only bad one was when I had the chemical and just thought it was AF at the time. I expected the first one after that to be awful after reading online, but it was nothing! Then I started the femara last cycle and knew that it could cause heavier periods. But still, 3 days…really more like 2 1/2 because I started late Friday and was finished Sunday night. I ask because I worry that either I’m not having a strong enough ovulation (although I doubt that since my 10 DPO progesterone was over 16) or that my lining is just not building up. Anyone have any ideas?

Post # 139
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
auggiefrog:  my DD was born in may 2013, i had very normal cycle since i stopped breastfeeding (about 10 month ago)

View original reply
Ellie85:  i feel really strange, it’s like yesterday spotting, this morning nothing and this afternoon like a begining of AF. :s

Post # 140
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
TuxedoKitty:  same here but I’m trying not to get my hopes up too high. My temp dipped yesterday and then my bottom opk is from today. I’m considering taking another later. 

Post # 141
59 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
HeyJude72:  im formally nicannette btw. I use that screen name on a bunch of public accounts so I decided to change it so I wasn’t searchable. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 142
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
Ellie85:  I’m glad you asked because I’ve been concerned about this as well.  My periods generally only last a few days and aren’t that heavy, which I obviously considered a blessing before TTC!  But now that we’re TTC unsuccessfully, it has me wondering if it’s a problem.  My last period was barely 2 days and pretty light.  Some google searches suggest that it isn’t a big deal but I still plan on asking my doc about it if we get to that point of starting testing.

Post # 143
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

View original reply
Ellie85:  I sometimes wonder about that as well. I usually have 2 days of full flow which I would probably say is medium, not light but definitely not heavy.  Then I have like a full day of no bledding, then another day of light flow to spotting.

Post # 144
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
mkat37:  Yes, before TTC I was perfectly fine with a light period! I went to my doctor yesterday and it completely slipped my mind to ask. I would love to hear what yours has to say when you ask them!

DB425:  That is very similar to mine. I know I can get pregnant since we had a chemical in July. But I just worry about being able to really stay pregnant.

Post # 145
154 posts
Blushing bee

HeyJude72:  Love the Halloween theme!

View original reply
Ellie85:  I expected my periods to be super heavy after coming off the pill, too.  When I was a teenager they were the periods from hell–horrible cramping, really heavy, etc.  Now they’re a bit longer than they were on the pill, but not really any heavier or more painful.  I’ve read that teenagers tend to have super heavy periods, but oftentimes it gets better as you age.  So I’ve credited mine to just getting older.  I’ve been on BCP since I was 18.

AFM, I am feeling great this cycle!  This is my 5th charting, and at first I was having crazy short luteal phases and super confusing CM.  To top it off, last cycle was 42 days long!!  But now I feel like I’m just really reading my body well.  I’ve finally had my first day of true EWCM today, and am super happy because it’s our first cycle trying and I was really worried about not being able to tell when my FW was.  So even if we aren’t lucky this cycle, at least my body is finally cooperating ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 148
190 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
mamamoncher:  Those sticks are looking promising! Def test again today! Fi and E need some BA July siblings! Exclamation points!

Post # 149
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

So i’m now pretty sure that AF has come pretty early, so i’m a bit confuse about what happen to my cycle so i’m totally hypothetically fill the form

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 2 

Ovulation Date: from what i read if having short cycle, i’m likely to ovulate on day 6 so on 8/10 … no very sure, so i tought of using an ovulation test.

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: last cycle was 21 days 

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): trying to BD as much as possible, taking prenatals and magnesium

and for fun, in honor of Halloween, two options, answer one or both!

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise? in Paris we don’t really party for halloween but i love snickers

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had? never been to a halloween party but we think to host one this year so we’ll see

Post # 150
59 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
HeyJude72:  use mamamoncher. but don’t worry about tweeking it until the list needs updated ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘October 2014 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors