(Closed) October 2014 POAS

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 16
154 posts
Blushing bee

YAY!!  I am SO EXCITED to finally join the POAS boards!  This is our first cycle trying πŸ™‚

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD9, expecting to ovulate around October 6

Ovulation Date:  TBA

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length:  Put me down for October 17 as of now; not sure exactly when I’ll ovulate, but that is my birthday so I will probably test then no matter what!  The way I see it, either I’ll get a very exciting birthday present or I’ll know I can drink at my birthday party that weekend.  Happy either way πŸ™‚

Cycles Trying: Our first one!! Been charting for 5 cycles now.

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.):  DH wants to have fun for the first few cycles and not really “try,” but of course I am charting and as soon as I know I’m in my FW I will be initiating like crazy!  I’m also taking prenatals, fish oil, and bought some pre-seed to use as needed.

Link to Chart, if any:  I chart, but on paper.

and for fun, in honor of Halloween, two options, answer one or both!

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise? My favorite Halloween candy would be a tie between cow tails and tootsie rolls.  My favorite candy of all is very, very dark chocolate filled with caramel.

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had?  I LOVE HALLOWEEN!  Definitely one of my favorite holidays.  My mom/grandmother and I have always made my costumes.  Best one was probably when I was an Oscar Award for Best Costume.  My mom traced my outline in stretchy gold fabric and then sewed it together so I was completely encased in gold.  It was really cool.  I also went as a giant squid one year, which I made myself.  I always enter costume contests and won with both of those!

Post # 17
844 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD8

Ovulation Date: 10/2

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: 10/16. Usually 28 day cycle

Cycles Trying: 2nd cycle post MC and 3rd total.

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): BD starting tomorrow ED or EOD depending on how we feel going until the 9th so I don’t miss my O. Fairly certain I totally missed my O last time because we stopped BD too soon into the week. Nothing other than that. I usually lay down for a while after, so hopefully that helps!

Link to Chart, if any: No chart.

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise? I love KitKats, Twix, and Reese’s peanut butter cups! But I cut out sugar in my weight loss plan so boo…Maybe one or two treats on Halloween though πŸ˜‰

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had? When I was a kid my mom made me this awesome calico cat costume and painted my face. She was the best DIY costume maker. I won 1st place! I also went as Dorothy one year and won 1st place πŸ™‚ Best costume since adulthood would have to be a container of Mac n Cheese “Easy mac” haha.

Post # 18
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD15

Ovulation Date: today? TBD

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: AF should be here 10/12.  Usual cycle length is 28 days.

Cycles Trying: 1.5, but really just one since when we started trying last cycle I was already past O so now I know we had no chance!

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): Prenatals.  Lots of BDing which makes DH happy.. he is so happy with all the initiations by me

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/swimcat14

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise? Starburst jelly beans!! So delicious!

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had? I am a redhead, so one halloween I was Pippi Longstockings.  Put wire in my two pigtail braids to make them stand up.  It was pretty awesome.

Post # 19
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD15

Ovulation Date: Fertility Friend estimates it on 9/23, but I think it was more 9/24.

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: 25 days / cycle, so POAS day is 10/6ish. I’ll be traveling for work, though, so I probably won’t POAS until I was home, which would be 10/10.

Cycles Trying: This is cycle number 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): Prenatal vitamins, avoiding caffeine (ughhh). In terms of BDing, we’re just kind of going as the mood strikes, and trying to take a laid back approach.

Link to Chart, if any: No chart until 2015

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise? I like Reeses and Starburst

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had? Well, I’m a chubby brunette named Megan. My best Halloween costume was as Meg from Family Guy πŸ™‚

Post # 20
1646 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD2

Ovulation Date: TBD

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: TBD

Cycles Trying: 5 (6 months due to long cycles)

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, BD at least EOD, myo-inositol, OPK

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/emsy3110

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise? I love Twix and any sour candy, especially red ones. 

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had? I love Halloween because it’s my birthday πŸ™‚ I’ve never had cool customes… I was some type of princess every single year when I was little and then as a teenager/young adult I had sexy costumes that weren’t very original haha!

Post # 21
1752 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2008 - Toronto, ON

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 3

Ovulation Date: Not sure

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: Used to be 28 days, then 31 days, this past cycle I was really late, so not sure

Cycles Trying: 7

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): Taking pre natals and BD a lot through the whole cycle because my last cycle was very wonky.

Link to Chart, if any:

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise? I love peanut butter cups, snickers and cheetos, yes I have a sweet tooth! LOL

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had? When I was in grade school I went to an after school dance and my mom made my costume, I went as a cheerleader and all the boys wanted to dance with me, I think they liked my costume! I was a shy girl and never said boo but my costume seemed to get their attention, I loved that costume.

<br /><br />Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/october-2014-poas/#ixzz3EVapj82c

Post # 22
1752 posts
Buzzing bee

Please put my POAS Date as TBD! Thanks! πŸ™‚

Post # 23
1752 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
TuxedoKitty:  Happy Early Birthday, mine is a day later, Oct 18th but unfortunately it will be too early for me to test. Hopefully you will get a great Birthday present this year! πŸ™‚

Post # 24
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m incapable of typing! 

Ovulation date should say SEPT 22-24. I typed Oct by accident.  Whoops!

Post # 25
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 2

Ovulation Date: Should be around Oct 9ish. But DH’s birthday is the 11th so that would be a good day too πŸ™‚

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: Oct 21…that could change and I’m sure I will POAS early. But for now, that looks good πŸ™‚

Cycles Trying: We’ve tried for 5 cycles (with a MC during cycle 3). This is our second cycle of femara.

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): Attempt to BD EOD, prenatals, femara, soft cups for 12 hrs after BD, pre-seed.

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Ellie85

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise? Reese cups are my favorite at any time!! Can’t really think of any Halloween exclusive ones that I love.

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had? My mom loved to DIY costumes when I was a kid. I think my favorite was the year I was a pink cat.

Post # 26
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

ugh, I really thought I was going to O yesterday.  Didnt get the temp spike I expected this morning.  I really hope that I haven’t stressed myself into a longer cycle, that seems to be pretty common.  My POAS is definitely TBD now!

Post # 27
746 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
HeyJude72:  Thank you so much for getting this party started!  My wife and I are going for our 3rd IUI this month!  For those who don’t know (which is probably all of you, since I’m not very active) it’s my wife that is having the IUIs done, not me.

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD 6 today.

Ovulation Date:  With PCOS we’re never exactly sure.  Estimating 10/06.

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length:  If we can hold out, the 20th.  She doesn’t have an average cycle length unfortunately.

Cycles Trying:  Lucky #3!

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.):  Baseline US CD 2, 100mg Clomid CD 5-9, 2nd US CD 12, possible trigger shot, 1 IUI with frozen donor sperm after + OPK.

Link to Chart, if any:  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12thMan

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise?   I don’t know if this counts but, caramel apples with mini M&Ms on them!

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had?  Probably when my Destination Wedding and I went as Danny and Sandy from Grease.

Post # 28
746 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
Ellie85:  I’m so sorry to see you on here my dear!  Your chart was so promising!  Good luck this month, I have everything crossed for you!

Post # 29
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
curlymama318:  Thanks. I’m sorry to see you here too. FX this is the month for both of us!!

Post # 30
70 posts
Worker bee

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  Cyce day 3<br />

Ovulation Date: 10/12<br />

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length:  POAS 10/27<br />

Cycles Trying: 3<br />

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): timing, prenatals<br />

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise?  mounds or mr. goodbar!<br />

<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”><br /><br /></div>

The topic ‘October 2014 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors