(Closed) October 2014 POAS

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 437
1545 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
ema721:  I work in a hospital so sometimes it gets hard to test at 2pm. But i definitely try between 2 and 3. I usually slip a small dixie cup into my jacket pocket and go to the bathroom. I then put the test back in the wrapper, put it in my pocket,  and put it in my bag flat if i want to save it. 

Post # 439
1005 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Well I am out. AF showed up at 330AM today. Cramping woke me up, which never happens. Oh well, on to the next cycle. I think DH was more dissapointed than me about it. I had pretty much already checked out after I got a BFN when I was a day late. He just assumed since I was late, I was pregnant.

Post # 441
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
HeyJude72:  don’t count yourself out because you are sick! My SIL had appendicitis and they only did a pee test on her, came out negative. Got the surgery and was on a lot of drugs, turns out she was pregnant just not far enough along to get a positive yet, and the doctor said the baby is just fine!! 

Post # 442
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
MechEBee:  sorry about AF 🙁

Post # 443
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Sigh. The Tww is almost unbearable. I didn’t expect that our first round trying would be this grueling for me.  I’ve half counted myself out already even though I have technically a week before AF is due.  With the bbs  slightly  sore and swollen, It’s like I’m almost waiting for the soreness and swelling to go down to confirm the BFN for me. All I can hope is that AF holds out for atleast another 4 days so that atleast I don’t discover that I have a short LP too. 

I know it seems pessimistic, but I’ve always felt that I’d have a hard time concieving. Maybe everyone feels that way at some point. In the last two weeks ive had 4 or 5 people ask me if I’m pregnant yet (even though they don’t know we are trying ), and everywhere I turn , friends are announcing their pregnancies. I guess I’m just feeling a lot of pressure cause my husbands sisters all have multiple children , and my husband absolutely is dying for His own. His sisters call him the baby whisperer bc he can calm a baby down at the drop of a hat .He’s so amazing with children and I’m worried I’ll never get to provide him with them. He says “whatever happens, happens” but I know that when it really comes down to it , and his friends start having kids, he’ll be really upset if we can’t . 

im sorry for venting such pessimism bc really who knows, I have a week left , but I guess I’m having one of those days . I’m home alone while everyone is out of town celebrating thanksgiving , which makes my mind run miles per minute. To make matters worse , my DH may be gone for NOV’s FW. Hoping not though  .

alright, venting over.  

Post # 444
254 posts
Helper bee

Oh and congrats to all the women here with BFPs ! I know my last post seems a little cynical, but I truly am happy for anyone here that is successful in their TTC journey 🙂

Post # 445
154 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
MechEBee:  Oh no!!  I’m so sorry to hear that.  That’s really frustrating for both of you.  Hopefully you will have better luck next cycle!

Post # 446
154 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Blondie2014:  I totally get where you’re coming from.  This is our first cycle TTC, too.  I remember before we started TTC when I’d stalk the POAS boards and read about how impatient women get waiting for when they can test, I’d be thinking, hey, it’s just a couple weeks!  Can’t you just distract yourself or something until you can test?  Oh, how naive I was…  Now I feel like time is literally crawling along while I wait to test.  I bought a big batch of Wondfos for cheap off Amazon, and think I might start testing on, like, 8DPO just so I feel like I’m doing something.  And I thought beforehand I’d be a huge symptom-spotter, putting down every little twinge to a possible preganancy.  NOPE!  I’m like you, I feel like there’s no way it worked, no way I could actually be pregant!  I feel totally normal, no sore boobs, nausea, ZIP.  God, it’s maddening!  It’s soo exciting to see other bees get their BFPs, because then I think–this is doable!!  But then I see other bees get AF and I’m like ugh.. that’s gonna be me. 🙁

Post # 448
254 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
TuxedoKitty:  
View original reply
HeyJude72:  – totally feel you both on all your points. Like you said, before you TTC you just kind of assume that it’ll be pretty easy, nothing to it. For some people it is, but then for us it’s like “CM this, Temping that, OPKs ect ”  and then you realize that there are so many factors that go into it. It’s crazy. 

Side note: as I was typing this, my buddy sent me a pic of his new nephew. Sigh  so cute . 

Like I’ve said , I’ve always felt as if it were going to be hard for us. I don’t know why. It’s not like my MP historyhave been spotless, but it hasn’t been that bad either. there were definitely some periods of time where endo was kinda on the table (but obs they don’t test Ya till you are unsuccessful at trying), but then things kinda started evening out.  But With all the pressure it’s hard not to think pessimisticly. 

Tmr is a new day so hopefully I’ll be on the more positive side of things.lol. I know stressing out is not good for this process so I knowni gotta just try and relax. 

The topic ‘October 2014 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors