(Closed) October 2014 POAS

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 466
1545 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m an idiot.

I just tested at 8dpo. I knew it was going to be a BFN, but I did it anyway. It’s unlike me. Now I’m bummed about the BFN and my being dumb.

Since yesterday I noticed my boobs were sore, not sore sore but if there’s any pressure on them (like laying on my belly) they kinda hurt. It’s not usual for me. Sometimes I get it a day or 2 before AF and only in one spot. But this is all over. So I’ve been kind of focused on them all day, randomly touching them to see if they’re more sore. And usually I’m cramping a lot start 6dpo-ish, but not this cycle. Anyway, just got home. Had to go to the restroom and thought “hey I should test.” There was just this feeling that kicked in. Anyway tested 8 dpo at 6:30 pm and got nothing.

Someone should hide test strips from me.

Vent over.

Post # 467
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
TogetherThroughLife:  thanks! I surprised myself lol. Yayyyyyy for both of us being aunties!!

Well today is 7 dpo and I’m spotting. I ovulated later than usual, I think because of travel/work stress so it could just be my body being confused… But I’m hoping it’s the good spotting!! My temp is still up, so I feel like that’s a good sign. 

Post # 469
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
HeyJude72:  I would LOVE to work in peds!! I’m at a small hospital so we don’t even have a pediatric dept. I could definitely see it being stressful, though. Especially in a specialty area. 

View original reply
vanike:  The month I got my BFP I had sore boobs that early but had BFNs that early too. FX!!!!

Post # 471
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
HeyJude72:  That’s super frustrating!!! IDK where I would guess for your O date. 

Post # 472
370 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Hi ladies, so I haven’t roll called because my SO and I are aren’t officially trying, more like just seeing what happens.  We had a surprise pregnancy in early September that ended in a mc.  I had my first AF since the mc Oct 3.

At first we decided to try for another baby because we were both sad about the mc but then realized we could wait a little while so we are more like just seeing what happens.  My SO said he would like me to be pregnant before his 37 birthday (in August) so I decided to use this time to chart and get to know my cycle because we thought we were being careful by not BDing around my O date when I got pregnant so apparently I don’t know my O date.  Also, I’m in grad school to be a nurse midwife right now so this is kind of a fun learning acitivty for me to really understand the cycle and how to chart so I can explain it to my future patients.

So this month I’m a little confused but I think I O’d yesterday on CD10, which is early, but would explain how I got pregnant last time.  Yesterday morning around 11 am I got a positive OPK (the day before was negative) but then took another one at 11 PM and got a negative when I was expecting a super dark positive.  Then this morning my BBT jumped up almost a whole degree.  I’m taking this to mean I O’d yesterday and just must have caught the end of my LH surge?  Do you ladies agree? 

My SO and I BD’d last night just for fun so we might have BD’d on O day.  What do you ladies think?  I’ve read that a temp shift is the undeniable O sign, but most people get positive OPKs for longer than this.

Post # 474
154 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
HeyJude72:  Thank you for all of the wonderful advice!!  I feel like I actually already have started doing the Christmas/Halloween bucketlist thing without really even thinking about it.  Some things I’ve been doing this month for Halloween:

-Making tin can lanterns with jack-o-lantern faces

-Decorating our new house with a combination of new and old decorations

-Preparing for the millions of trick-or-treaters I’ve heard we will be getting in this neighborhood (REALLY excited about that one)

-Going to a new haunted corn maze/haunted forest

-I’m going to try to find a place to pick your own pumpkin.  Failed at finding a place to pick our own apples so far, but I’ll keep looking.

Sure helps to keep my mind of the TTCing!

Post # 475
154 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
vanike:  I just did the exact same thing… but it was more about impatience to try out my new tests than anything.  I’m 7DPO and I bought a giant bag of Wondfos from Amazon (like, 50) and I figure if we end up trying even for 10 months, I still get to use 5 per cycle.  So I used one today.  Kinda disappointed it was BFN, but on the other hand, I know there’s no way it could be positive this early.  Still, it was fun to pee on my first stick!

Post # 476
370 posts
Helper bee

Congrats to the BFPs! 

Post # 477
844 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Ugh, I’m contemplating POAS today. I’ve 11DPO and AF is set to come the 16th. No symptoms either way at this point for AF or +HPT. I’m just not sure what to do I guess. I know 11DPO is still early, but I kinda feel like just seeing. I have a FRER and a Clear Blue digital week estimator. Any opinions?

Post # 479
112 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
MrsNebraska:  use the FRER to test tomorrow morning with FMU!

Post # 480
512 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
MrsNebraska: I’d wait just because I had a major disappointment getting BFP on 15DPO (posted the pic in this thread) and 16DPO and today on 17DPO I have the faintest of faint lines, major squinters, so people have said it’s likely a chemical pregnancy (AF is due today/tomorrow and no sign as of yet).

Anyway, if I could turn back time I would wait until after AF hasn’t come to test since it’s crushing to celebrate what you think is a pregnancy (even if only for 48 hours) and then come to find out it was nothing. (NOT to be a major downer by any means, just my 2 cents and wish I’d done it differently my first cycle of trying and POAS). To each their own, I guess!

The topic ‘October 2014 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors