Post # 1
We have basically two months to go till October hits…!!!! It feels surreal !!! What do you have left to do planning wise?? I feel like I am missing a bunch of things but can’t think of what they are!!
Need to do:
Bridemaid & Groomsmen gifts
Count RSVPS as they come in
Finalize cake flavors
Pick out ceremony music and reception songs (first dance, father daughter dance, you know the drill lol)
What do you lovely bee’s have left ?!?!
Post # 2
Omg too crazy!!! 😅
buy beading string for florist
seating charts as response cards return
meet with venue again
There’s more I just can’t list it now!
Post # 3
this thread is stressing me out hahaha. I still have to:
address and send out invites
hair and makeup trial
seating charts once I get the RSVPs
reserve catering for rehearsal dinner
Post # 4
Burn ceremony music to disc
Talk to dj about reception music
Buy a sign for the wedding favor table (maybe)
Count RSVPs as they come in
To be fair, I have a great wedding coordinator that helped a ton.
Post # 5
Our wedding isn’t until the end of October (24th) so I am a little more behind than some of you ladies.
- We have to order our invitations (I designed them myself, I just need to make sure the direction card is accurate- want to do that this weekend)
- I need to get gifts for bridesmaids/groomsmen
- We need to finalize some of our music selections
- We need to order our wedding bands
- We need to get our marriage license
- I am making the favors, and I still need to finish that (I am throwing pots on the wheel and turning them into candles)
- Any other decorations for the wedding
- Set up a seating chart once RSVP’s come in
- Create wedding welcome bags for out of town guests
A lot of my wedding is heavily DIY (including many of the desserts), so it will be interesting in these next couple of months to see how soon I can get everything done.
Post # 6
Just sent out invites today, cannot wait to start getting them back. Last week I went to get alterations for the dress, found a veil, finalized my bouquet with the florist, and found wedding shoes. I have a hair trial tomorrow. I still need to get parents/wedding party gifts, finishing up the DIY decorations, get the girls together to get bridesmaid dresses from the bridal shop (just got the call that they are finally in), have final meeting with pastor, meet with photographer and DJ one last time, book rehearsal dinner venue, and get the rest of the grooms men to measure for tuxes. I will have my bridal shower in 2 weeks. I cannot wait! I’ve been having so much fun preparing for the wedding. I’ll be sad when it ends.
Post # 7
- Wedding: October 2015 - The Vineyard and Winery at Lost Creek, VA
October 3 bride here 🙂
our BIG thing is the DJ- playlist
We have started to get our RSVP’s in and I’ve been doing seating charts as they come in. We had our menu tasting last week which I am SO excited about!
We still have to order the wine (mandatory case number per table) since our venue is a vineyard, and buy the alcohol for the bar.
My Fiance hasn’t thought of a single gift for his groomsmen (and best lady?) while I just have to package the gifts in a cutsey manner
We do have to meet with our officiant again and put the ceremony together – it will be short and non-denominational so that shouldn’t be too difficult, but I think otherwise we are set
two days before the wedding I am picking up our favors (Macarons since we got engaged in Paris) and I’ll have to package those up…..
Oh – our engagement pictures will be done next saturday. since we didn’t do Save the Dates – we didn’t need them way in advance and at this point it’s really just a photoshoot to get familiar with our photographer
I think that’s it?I feel like I’m forgetting something really important, but I have
Brdesmaids and groomsmen dresses/suits
officiant who will do license and filing etc
favors and gifts
hairtrial and makeup trial done and booked
any ideas what I’m forgetting?
Post # 8
- Wedding: October 2015 - Versailles Banquets (Northwest Suburbs of Chicago)
October 10th Bride here……it’s getting SO close! Looks like everybody is doing so good considering we are about 2 months out!
Here is where we stand:
– Receiving RSVP cards and doing seating chart based of those
– Hair and makeup trial August 5th
– Start dress alterations
– Start putting welcome bags together
– Buy ring bearer a gift
– Get fun socks for Groomsmen
– Send out rehearsal dinner invites
– Mini showcare from our florist/decorator September 26th
– Buy apothecary jars (I want to keep them after wedding so we are buying them) for candy bar
– Buy candy for candy bar
– Order cake topper (she wasn’t doing glitter gold finish till August, so I have twait till Saturday, August 1st to put my order in)
– Meet with photographer/videographer team to come up with our photo booth pictures design for the bottom of the print outs
Overall, I am feeling really good about everything! Getting really excited. My favorite activity right now is checking the mail for ‘little cards’, as I call them 🙂 Such a dork, I know!
Post # 9
gaaaaah favors!! I forgot about those!!
Post # 10
I’m late October,the 23rd, and I feel like everything you ladies have said I still need to do lol. Gah! I’m sooooo behind. But in all fairness, I’m a professional procrastinator. My 4th quarter finishes are AMAZING lol
Post # 11
Just picked up my band and couldn’t be more excited ladies!
Post # 12
October 16th here
let’s see still need to buy the remainder of the centerpieces
send the invites. (Don’t judge- lol)
final venue payment
and 2,374 other things
Post # 13
October 16th Bee here.
-figure out centerpieces
-groomsmen/bridesmaid and parent gifts
-reception and ceremony music decisons
-pick up dres ansd see if it fits lol
– a host of other things i know i don’t remember lol
Post # 14
ugh seating charts… will be the death of me haha
Post # 15
day of timeline
buy candy for candy buffet
hunt down those that have not rsvped yet, we sent them out early
buy guest book
buy wedding party presents
figure out what the men are wearing
make a list of everything ours/ that we are keeping post ceremony
finish paying everything off
hair and make up trial (August)
finalize rehearsal dinner menu (September)