(Closed) October 2015 brides…share your progress!

posted 6 years ago in October 2015
Post # 152
43 posts
Newbee

I am another October 3rd bride.

So far we have our venue which we will also use as our ceremony site. Our venue covers catering, drinks, cake, centerpieces, and a smores bar. Right now we’ve paid for half of our estimated total which is a huge relief.

We have our DJ booked and paid.  He will be doing our ceremony music and up lighting as well.

Our JOP is booked and paid for

Save the dates are going out next week

I bought my dress over weekend

We have our photographer

I bought tons of mercury.glass to add to the centerpieces that will be included in our package. I need to make an appt with the florist to finalize everything but we are doing three different tablescapes with a combo of high and low arrangements

I think that’s it….lots more to do!

Post # 153
43 posts
Newbee

I am another October 3rd bride.

So far we have our venue which we will also use as our ceremony site. Our venue covers catering, drinks, cake, centerpieces, and a smores bar. Right now we’ve paid for half of our estimated total which is a huge relief.

We have our DJ booked and paid.  He will be doing our ceremony music and up lighting as well.

Our JOP is booked and paid for but need to arrange the readings and whatnot

Save the dates are going out next week

I bought my dress over weekend

We have our photographer

I bought tons of mercury.glass to add to the centerpieces that will be included in our package. I need to make an appt with the florist to finalize everything but we are doing three different tablescapes with a combo of high and low arrangements

I think that’s it….lots more to do!!

Post # 154
248 posts
Helper bee

MrsMeowton:  October 18th bride here and still tons to do! I’ve got my wedding dress, booked a ceremony venue and reception. Booked the photographer, videographer and Dj. In the midsts of booking a florist. We’ve got the color scheme picked out, sent the save the dates and somehow, the list keeps growing. We have approx. 145-160 people attending. We originally set for 125 ๐Ÿ™ I’ve still yet to book pre-cana classes, find a hotel, lock in transportation, hair/makeup. My hubby hasn’t decided on whether he will be using his army blues or a tux…the bridesmaids still need dresses. I’ve yet to find wedding invitations and I think I’ve got party favors figured out but haven’t decided…. I feel like my brain is going to combust any minute now, but hopefully it won’t and I get everything ready in time. 

Here’s the church and venue ๐Ÿ™‚  happy planning girls!!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  soon2bhitched.
Post # 155
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Hello Ladies!  Fellow October 30th here in New Orleans, LA. We’re having a semi-destination wedding because my parents live in NOLA but my Fiance and I, his family and all our friends are from the Northeast.  Here’s what we (I) have nailed down so far!

Venue – Ceremony and Reception – Degas House

DJ

Photographer

Band for a 2nd line, it’s a parade through the French Quarter led by a Jazz Band, so exciting!

Dress – Allure 2709 in pink champagne

Cake! 

Sent out Save the Dates early, invites will be sent out in April or May to give our guests plenty of time to book flights and hotels.

The venue does the catering and we’ve already chosen our food. Booking hotel room blocks has been the biggest pain because it’s a busy weekend in NOLA.  I’m working on flowers also…

I think that’s it! Ugh, I’m not a big fan of wedding planning hah!

Post # 156
310 posts
Helper bee

Food and cake tasting in a couple weeks, and I had my makeup trial yesterday! I am going for the dark lip for fall ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 158
310 posts
Helper bee

stephncollins:  I forgot to get the name! My cousin did it and she mixed a couple colors. I don’t wear makeup normally so that was crazy dramatic but I love it ๐Ÿ™‚ If she gets the name to me I will let you know!

Post # 161
208 posts
Helper bee

I’m a new-bee here, freaking out over there being only NINE months left!  So far I’ve:

~Booked the venue for ceremony and reception- a beautiful golf course club house on October 31st! Food, bar, and cake included

~Bought the dress! Allure W303, to go with the fall theme.  Still need to get it altered

~Booked photographer today

~My brother will officiate

~I’ve purchased decorations

~I’ve got the Save the Dates ready to go… just waiting for my fiance to tell me where the rest of his family lives

Up next on the To Do List:

~Dress alterations

~Need bridesmaids dresses

~DJ… we think a family friend is doing it, but I need more commitment!

~Photo booth???

~Invitations!

~Flowers… I am torn, should I go silk?  Wooden roses are pretty cool too… I just don’t want to spend so much money on something that is going to be DEAD a day or two later!

Oh, there’s got to be a lot more… I’m so excited and a little overwhelmed!

Post # 162
57 posts
Worker bee

Done:

-Set the date (10/30/15)

-Booked the venue (includes food, DJ, bartender, and linens)

-Ordered the dress (David Tutera Sanya) and bought shoes

-Booked photographer 

-Save the Dates are ready, just waiting until the spring to send them

-Booked hair and makeup

-Booked the photobooth

-Secured officiant (FFIL will officiate)

-Gotten a friend and her family to agree to make our invitations

-BMs will get fitted for their dresses in a few weeks

To Do:

-Book baker

-Figure out flowers (doing silk)

-Find jewelry for day of

-Alterations

-Bridal portraits

-Completing invitations

-Set up registries

-Set up wedding website

Post # 163
355 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

We’re Oct. 17 and our wedding is sort of in the middle-of-nowhere, so the hardest part has been budgeting travel fees or finding local vendors we like.

So far, we have booked:

-Ceremony and reception venue (same place)

-Catering and alcohol (done by the venue)

-Photographers

-Wedding dress! Found a sample online!

-Set up web site

-Set up registries

-Bridal party selected

-Officiant selected

-Hair/makeup. My Maid/Matron of Honor and her sis are helping me out here!

Still need:

-Save the date. My Fiance is an artist, so he’s illustrating it and it’s taken awhile. Almost done though, and it looks great!

-AV rental of a DJ sound system. We’re DIYing the music.

-Photo booth

-Dance floor and Lighting rentals

-Flowers. We’re DIYing flowers from the downtown flower mart.

-Invitations

-Figure out where to get our cutting cake. Venue is handling cake for guests, but we’re going to get a small cutting cake for the pictures.

-Bridesmaids dresses/Groomsmen attire

-Travel arrangements for older relatives

-Dress alterations

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  lambert63. Reason: edited formating
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  lambert63. Reason: edited formatting
Post # 164
425 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Private lodge

MrsMeowton: Lets see.  Oct 10-2015

booked venue

confirmed cake

meeting with florist Sunday.

Bonfire theme

reception booked

rentals confirmed

tent booked

caterer confirmed and booked

I’m totally freaking about the dress and weather. 

We basically have NO backup plan for rain other than the tent.

I’m way fatter than I want to be so the dress is causing serious anxiety.  I may need an Atavan for the dress shopping in the morning.  

Post # 165
2120 posts
Buzzing bee

My fiance and I had a cake testing on Saturday morning and booked the baker! We are having 3 tiers, all buttercream (no fondant), AND it came in $250 under budget!  Here are our flavors

Bottom: Chocolate cake, raspberry mousse filling

Middle: Strawberry lemonade cake, lemon mousse filling

Top: Apple spice cake, caramel filling

So now all we have to do is book a DJ and a florist, and figure out bridesmaid dresses and we’re done!

Post # 166
448 posts
Helper bee

I’m basically done with all of my big stuff.  I had my hair/makeup trial last week.  We had a tasting with the venue (excellent!), and we did our cake tasting.  We also visited our florist as well.  It was a fun day to be honest.  Is it sad that I am actually excited about my bouquets and centerpieces.  The florist made a point on letting me know that it is supposed to match what the bridesmaid is wearing and help make the reception pop.  She also stayed within our budget as well. 

Here is my centerpiece.  We are using a single Gebera Daisy in a bowl with stones on the bottom along with mirror and votive candles.  It will be a hot pink color

Here is my bridesmaid bouquet.  It will be more built out, of course.  It contains mini hydrangeas, pink roses, and lavender

Here is a sample of mine.  It will have the mini hydrangeas and lavender.  It will have a bunch of white roses as well.

The topic ‘October 2015 brides…share your progress!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors