(Closed) October 2015 brides…share your progress!

posted 7 years ago in October 2015
Post # 242
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I’ve made a little progress! We got our invites mailed out last week and we’re beginning to get RSVP’s in the mail. I already had one person add a plus one that I didn’t give them, but Fiance and I are prepared to host any stray “extras” that show up so it isn’t a big deal. I FINALLY got transportation nailed down and booked. I am so glad! I felt like that was one detail that I had a little difficulty with. I updated our wedding website and we’ve picked our signature drink. I also bought my rehearsal dinner outfit earlier this week and it should be delivered tomorrow!

One month, three weeks! 

Post # 243
2021 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Ruby Princess

I have almost everything done. it seems unreal. i just need a bridal shower outfit, and a rehearsal dinner outfit. waiting on 2 couples rsvps, otherwise i have everyones names and drivers license numbers on a spreadsheet for the coordinator. that has to be complete and turned in by sep 3rd. because it’s on a ship, all the guests have to check in with an id that matches the one they sent in. kind of a hassle, but everyone has been really cool with it. 

oh, so far the only change of plans was i had originally reserved a piano player for the reception, but the cruise company said they won’t have one that day. oh well. so we’re going to make a cd to play at the reception. see how i roll with those punches? haha. i’m actually having fun picking out the music.

hopefully that is the only change of plans, but i’m practicing acceptance with everything. we just made final payments on a lot of the final odds and ends. it feels good to have everything all sewn up. dress fitting booked with a woman that was recommended on the bee. her yelp reviews are mostly all 5 stars. i feel very comfortable that she will be able to hem my dress and take it in a bit. i did gain 5 lbs since i last tried it on, so maybe it wont need taking in at all. 😉

Post # 244
172 posts
Blushing bee

This is sooo helpful!

Done:
Ceremony and Reception Venue booked
Final Guest Numbers in
Reception menu decided
Flowers finally picked
DJ hired
Photographer hired
Bridal party sorted (girls have dresses but the boys still don’t have their suits)
I have my dress but need to get it altered still (yikes-still need shoes and a bra!)

Still to do:
Groom’s Suit
Wedding favors
Final set up for the centerpieces for reception

LADIES PLEASE WHAT AM I MISSING!?!?!?!

Post # 245
207 posts
Helper bee

Love seeing everyone’s progress! This weekend will be our one year of being engaged, time has sure flown. But in just a little over a year I have gotten so much done. I don’t have a whole lot to do, but here’s the list that still needs to get done.

• Programs for the ceremony
  • Church decoration (just adding flowers to the burlap bows)
  • Finish the table runners
  • Finish a few DIY decorations, mainly just painting the signs I purchased
  • Purchase the bowls and snacks that will go on each table
  • Do the favors, which can’t be done until the weekend before the wedding

The bridesmaids have all picked up their dresses. My maid of honor has already sent her dress in for alterations. Just waiting to see if the 2 other bridesmaids need their dresses altered as well. We also have our final meeting with our photographer in a couple weeks. And last weekend I had my bridal shower. This has all been so fun planning a wedding, but I can’t wait to marry my best friend.

Post # 246
2021 posts
Buzzing bee

38 days for me!!!! How about you ladies??

We got our marriage license last friday. I also had my first dress fitting friday. My dress is just needing hemmed.

I got our final instructions from the wedding coordinator today, about where to meet our day of cordinator and when. 

I finalized things with my hair and makeup lady this morning. 

Had a little tiny freakout last night bc i had asked fi to trim the stems on my moh’s bouquet. He trimmed them on my bouquet and did fine. So he trimmed it all the way to the ribbon wrap. WHAT THE FUCK!  deep breath. he felt really bad. I’m getting over it.

What is everyone doing with their final month?

Post # 247
249 posts
Helper bee

23 days for me! (October 3) we still need to print our programs and assemble our favours but easy peasy all materials are bought. My dress is altered and in my closet at my parents’ house which is a huge relief. I love it! We have our final venue meeting Saturday but they have our numbers and we got our final invoice. I am *thisclose* to being done but feeling like I’m forgetting something! eek! here is my dress. Sorry if its huge dont know how to adjust that

Post # 248
414 posts
Helper bee

43 days left for me.  It’s driving me nuts.  I’m pretty much done, except for stuff that can’t be done till closer to the date. (like seating charts etc.)

Hair and makeup finalized, meeting with venue done, still have to meet with DJ, and stylist/decorator.

Some days I feel pretty confident I have it all together, and others….I’m freaking out.  Oh well, it will all come together.

Oh, had the first dress fitting, and am on the hunt for a bra that will work. 

Post # 249
70 posts
Worker bee

Getting married Oct 5 and so unbelievably stressed. All the big things are planned, I’m just one big ball of anxiety questioning everything. 

Post # 250
249 posts
Helper bee

27 days to go. Three weeks from this Saturday. I can’t believe it! I just emailed in final numbers to our caterer and we met up with our DOC last week and went over the timeline for the rehearsal, the ceremony and the reception.

We still need to buy alcohol and I still need to arrange sound equipment rentals. We’re also finalizing our signage and that will hopefully be ready to go within the next couple of weeks. I’m supposed to be having my make up trial later this month, too. I have to buy gifts for my brdiesmaids and our getting ready robes.

I got my hair done yesterday – I got Havana twists put in! For those who don’t know what Havana twists are, they’re like braids and mine can stay in for up to three months, so all I have to do the day of the wedding is to style them the way I want and pop on my veil. Easy peasy! 

Post # 251
70 posts
Worker bee

Hey all – this is a hard post for me to write but this seems like a really awesome, non-judgemental community so I’m hoping some people can help me out. Warning – I’m about to be really shallow.

So I’m getting married in less than a month, and for anyone else who’s gotten married you know that there is stress about EVERYTHING leading up to the big day. I keep on trying to manage it the best I can but it just seems every day it just piles on! Part of the stress is that I really just wanted to elope in Vegas. He wanted the big wedding back home. So we compromised and I got my wedding in Vegas with a small amount of people. But even this small wedding is causing me all sorts of stress as I envisioned it would.

One of the issues that’s been building is my fiancee’s weight. We got engaged in December, and in April I made the serious decision to take control of my weight and I lost 25 pounds! My fiancee, unfortunately, has not lost anything. It’s frustrating to me because we eat all the same foods since I do all the cooking. But he also is a craft beer drinker (drinks 2-3 beers a day) and I’m sure he snacks at night. Plus, I make an effort to move as much as I can and he works from home. We do take 30 min walks together a lot, but I know that is not going to burn as many calories as more strenuous physical activity. And because I got a herniated disc last year, I really have to stick to low impact stuff.

My fiancee isn’t morbidly obese, but he’s just on the edge of obesity according to his BMI. Unfortunately because he’s short, it shows in his face more. I know it could always be worse. I could have a fiancee that gained 50+ pounds before the wedding and we’d have to get fitted for a new suit. I guess I’m just frustrated he hasn’t lost ANY weight. Maybe even gained a few pounds. I think the most frustrating thing is thinking about my wedding photos. The weight thing probably wouldn’t be an issue if I wasn’t getting a professional photographer to take these expensive photos. It also didn’t help I was looking at photos from when we first started dating, and he was a lot skinnier frown emoticon

I’ve talked to him about this, but I do my best to tread very lightly. I’ve been on the other side of the coin where I’m the heavier one and my partner is making me feel bad for being heavy so I know how it feels. I feel like such a shallow jerk thinking this, but I do. I don’t know how to approach it any more than I already have. I was trying to think of if there was a way I could maybe reward him if he lost a few pounds before the wedding? I don’t know..

Post # 253
249 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
adverb:  I don’t know that there is a good way to ask a SO to lose weight. Sorry, Bee. If you say anything at all it’ll probably hurt his feelings and really, this close to the wedding how much weight can he really lose safely? Probably not enough to make his face look slimmer in your wedding pictures. At this point I’d leave it until after the wedding and then try to gently encourage him to work out with you, or participate with you in whatever you’re doing that helped you lose 25 pounds (congrats on that BTW! That’s a great accomplishment!). If his suit is tailored properly it’ll look good on him no matter how much he weighs, IMO. My Fiance is a little chunky and his suit looks so good on him since it was custom made and fits like a glove. 

Well ladies, us 10/10 brides are about two weeks out! I cannot believe it! We can now say that we’re getting married the week after next. There isn’t much left for us to do – looked into sound equipment rental and now I know what we need so we’ll pick that up the morning of (I think). WE got our signage done – we ordered our seating chart from Zazzle and it should be here next week, we have an awesome friend of ours designing and printing out menus and our cake cards, as well as our bar sign and I ordered our guest book and “reserved” signs from Etsy. We have all RSVP’s back in and have about a 20% decline rate, which puts us at around 60 guests (we invited 72 total). We’re going to get our marriage license tomorrow – there is no waiting period here so we will get it once we complete the application and pay the fee. I’m still waiting to get a call about my second, and hopefully final, fitting for my wedding dress. And I’m also waiting to hear back from my MUA about coming in for my make up trial. I ordered gifts for my bridal party last week – Bees, The Knot is having a 30% off sale, just an FYI. I got gifts for all four of my ladies for less than $100. And last but not least, I need to put together a Spotify playlist for my DOC to queue up when our string quartet goes on break – the string quartet gets a 15 min break every hour after the ceremony and we have them until the end of our reception at 8:30 PM.

And I had my first wedding nightmare last weekend. I read about them on this board and Wedding Wire but I was still surprised when it happened to me. It was so bad that I couldn’t go back to sleep. I dreamed that everything fell apart – we were at a completely different venue (some type of community center with a gym!), we had no photographer, no music, I was wearing a pair of old, holey sweats instead of my wedding dress, we had no flowers. For some odd reason we did have our food and as I’m panicking in my dream, a guest comes up to me and compliments the green beans! It was the most bizarre dream. Oh and our DOC was there but for some reason hadn’t called or followed up with any of the vendors to figure out where the hell they were. And I couldn’t remember the ceremony at all – Fiance and I had apparently gotten married and I couldn’t remember any of it! So wedding nightmares are a real thing! Luckily I haven’t had another one, yet.

How are the rest of you doing? How many days left?

Post # 254
492 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

View original reply
TheFutureMrsShah:  I have 32 days left  until our wedding! It’s coming up so fast now!

We are in the final stretch, and since we have been engaged for over 2 years, pretty much all the details of planning are done and we are finishing up the fun part: actually paying for this biotch. 

We invited about 136 guests and so far the maximum who could possibly come is 109 (which is good because I guessed 100 and paid for linens and tablecloths for that many!) Once we get final numbers in – RSVPs are due back on October 3rd- I can get started on that seating chart. Hooray! 

I only have 2 crafts left- restaining our wishing well and adding moss to make it look old, etc and making a large scroll with our table seating information. 

I just did my makeup trial on Sunday and am trying to decide whether to go for eyelash extensions or the strip falsies? Extensions are supposed to feel more natural and weightless, but I think they look a bit spidery. Strips look long and thick but I find them uncomfortable and they do look more obvious. Someone decide for me!! Haha

What else do we have left? I have my final dress fitting on September 30th and I am living in fear of how that will turn out. My dress was quite a bit too small at the last fitting and she had to let it out significantly. I am hoping the design still looks good!! And that I can sit

I did our day of/week of timelines, make a vendor list and sent out an introduction email, had final appointments with our vendors and approved the floor plan. 

Whew! Weddings are substantially more work than the project managing I do at work! It’s insane

Post # 255
2021 posts
Buzzing bee

I had my shower this weekend which was really fun. Now i’m writing all those thank you notes. weeeee!

I also had my 2nd dress fitting. everything is coming out great. She’s hemming it, and cut it with scissors while i was standing in it. a little scary, but she’s a pro.

20150922_093900(1)

The topic ‘October 2015 brides…share your progress!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors