(Closed) October 2015 brides…share your progress!

posted 7 years ago in October 2015
Post # 121
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Booked the date – 31st Oct 2015!

Spring wedding for me! We’ve been engaged since Jan 2014.

We have also:

– Booked venue including paid deposit

– Booked church (still need to pay deposit)

– Pretty much decided on dress

– Got colour scheme sorted

– Got bridal party

– Made wedding website

– Looked at rings, got quote

– Decided on Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses (online) and ordered fabric sample

– Made appointment with photographer for 2 weeks time to discuss packages etc.

– Groom suits decided on, waiting until after Xmas to purchase

– Booked flights for honeymoon

Still quite a few things to do, such as videography, band, cake, hair/makeup, decorations and accommodation for honeymoon!

Post # 123
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Plantation

I love reading about all of the OCT 2015 weddings! 

SO and I have ours set for October 3rd 2015 in Louisiana. We were engaged March 2014, in our current place of residence, Virginia. Since then we have:

-Booked the venue where the ceremony and reception will take place (a beautiful plantation, for which his parents are kindly taking care of)

-Picked the colors/theme (sunflower yellow, burnt orange, burgandy and midnight blue intwined with our rustic theme)

-Decided groom party attire (boots, jeans, button up shirts with midnight blue vest)

-Decided bride party attire (midnight blue lace dresses with boots)

-Bought the dress, veil and undergarments (dress: Melissa Sweet MS251003)

-Booked the Photographer

-Engagement PhotoShoot – done

-Save-The Dates – sent

-Officiant – FMIL’s uncle

-Recieved the qoute and putting deposit down this month from our one-stop-shop which includes:

• Flowers
  • Decor
  • Catering
  • Cake
  • DJ
  • Dance Floor
  • Tent 
  • DOC
  • This package includes a FREE AIRBRUSH for me on the day of ๐Ÿ™‚
  • She will akso set-up hair and make-up for the bridal party

We still have some things to work on, but we’ll wait until we get down there.

Mr Boom Chitty and myself are also working on our big move from Virginia to Louisiana which will take place 2FEB… more on that in another post.

I hope all of you ladies are enjoying your wedding planning experience 

Happy Holidays

– xo STB Mrs Boom Chitty

Post # 124
104 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
love-a-lot-bee:  Geez! You have alot planned already! You are putting me to shame! 

I have :

Church

venue with food

Dress

Bridesmaids dresses picked out

Post # 126
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Marquee - Private Property

Oh my goodness, I thought I was organised! We’re having a marquee wedding on a private property. Our wedding is 31/10/15 and the theme is kind of natural and organic with lots of olive foliage and wood :).

We’ve organised: Venue sorted, photographer booked and paid half, stylist booked – including furniture (ceremony, reception, cocktail hour and styling elements), accomodation for bridal party and us booked and the celebrant is booked.

These are decided on but not booked/ordered: catering tasting done – they are a functions company who will also organise the marquee, catering tent and all equipment (and cutlery etc), catering etc (but we haven’t booked them officially yet), we’ve decided on cake maker, chosen our florist and designed our Save the Dates and Invitations etc YAY!

I’m going dress shopping next week YAY! I’ve told my girls, but Fiance hasn’tasked his bridal party yet :)I’m SO excited it’s crazy!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by MissTravelbug.
  • This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by MissTravelbug.
Post # 127
8 posts
Newbee

Our wedding is October 3, 2015

So far we have:

Booked reception venue–which makes everything very simple.  We are using the second floor and bar of a downtown restaurant. All food and alcohol are obviously done by the restaurant.

Picked and contacted ceremony site. Just need to stop in and give deposit after New Year.

Confirmed who our bridal party will be.

Booked our hotel room .

We just had a sweet baby boy 4 months ago so I am not going dress shopping till May or June- I have some work to do after the holidays ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 128
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Glenskirlie Castle

We are getting married 30th October and I can safely say that everything has been booked =D I’m so glad I can enjoy the next 10 months, and drop 3 dress sizes!

Post # 129
699 posts
Busy bee

wow! I’m so impressed. We just decided the other night that October 2015 is the month.

Post # 130
380 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Firehouse Restaurant

Date- October 3, 2015

Florist Booked: Flower Colors – dark purples, dark pinks, bright pinks, garnet, blue accent, white, cream, blush, and peachy tones. Sounds like a lot but it looks beautiful together.

Venue booked:  Firehouse restaraunt in Old Sacramento (with food and alcohol included)

DJ: booked

Photographer: booked

Wedding Dress: Got it!

Officiant: booked 

Still have to do cake tastings, get save the dates and invites, bridesmaids dresses, grooms suit, and about a million other things but it’s getting there. 10 months left!!!

Post # 131
281 posts
Helper bee

I did my engagemen photos done yesterday.mmwe go back on Friday to view. we are finishing up our guest list so we can prepare Save the Dates.

Post # 132
28 posts
Newbee

How exciting! Since I posted last time I have said yes to the dress (woo!) and sent out our save the dates yesterday (24th October here!). My sister has already received 2 save the dates for October so that was a motivator!! 

Now to pick bridesmaid dress, finalise flowers, invitations and finalise decorations. Oh and to pick the cake! Still so much to do!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 133
14 posts
Newbee

Hi Bees!

We were engaged in Punta Cana on 10/8/14, and have our date set for 10/24/15.

We have our Venue, Band, Photographer, Dress, Hair/Make Up Artist, and Officiant.

Still working out our flower options, and some of the little details. 

We know where Finace and groomsmen are getting their tuxes, but I think it’s a bit early for them.

We are starting Bridesmaid dress shopping the first week of February

So exciting!!

Post # 134
137 posts
Blushing bee

Hello!

Our date is 10/11/15…saving $ by getting married on a Sunday…and we have decided that it will be a brunch…something a little different and also saves $$. We have our venue and have made the first deposit. I am going wedding gown shopping on Friday! I will be attending a bridal event called brides against breast cancer…the proceeds go to breast cancer awarenessess and they have awesome prices on wedding gowns bc they are donated by boutiques and other brides. The prices are seriously awesome, I’ll attach a pic at the end…Also have my photographer and will be booking the DJ this week as well. My venue includes food, open bar, chair sashes, all linens, and the ceremony space. I just ordered my save the dates…I think I am doing pretty good! I wont be getting my bridesmaids dresses until April bc one of my girls is preggo..do you guys think that is enough time to have the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ordered and altered etc? I think today just kicked in my excitement..probably because I am hoping to say yes to the dress in 3 days! Hopefully, I will have all the “big” stuff taken care of by February and then can concentrate on what I consider the smaller and fun/creative things like centerpieces (Im anti flowers….any suggestions?) and favors.

Here is an example of the discounted gowns…sorry its so big!

Post # 135
281 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MedleyHoward2015:  I got my veil from BABC.  It retails for 500, but I got it for 40.  It was a lot of fun going there,

Post # 136
137 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Cluelessbride10:  Awesome! I’m really excited about the BABC event.

The topic ‘October 2015 brides…share your progress!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors